House Binder Catergories
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default House Binder Catergories

i know alot of you have house binders (control journal, houseworks, etc....) i was wondering if you would share the kinds of things you keep in them. i am revamping mine and could use some inspiration.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here are the sections I have in mine.

*Daily Schedule (This is a FlyLady schedule tailored to my needs and tells me what i need to get done each day. If I see it on paper it helps keep me from wondering around the house and getting overwhelmed at all the things that need to be done. I take it one day at a time.)

*Cleaning Schedule (This part is where i keep the papers for the rest of the weeks schedule. )

*Health (I put a calendar that I printed off the computer and use it to track my monthly periods, if and when I am sick, my weekly weigh-ins, when I had a migraine, etc. I also keep a list of home remedies for everyday illnesses like colds, coughs, earaches, etc.)

*Household Information (I list our bank accounts, insurance policies, Mortgage Information, power, cable, phone, and water information. Anything that has to do with your budget or workings of your household should go in here.)

*Phone Numbers and Addresses. (Family members, hair dresser, car repairman, etc.)

*House Rules.

*Budget.

*Miscellaneous. (Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other categories. Things I see on the internet that I like and print off or sayings that I like. Etc.)

I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my Household Management Binder!

My categories:
    -Schedules
    -Finances
    -Food
    -Health
    -Projects
    -Contacts
    -Holidays
    -Personal
    -Parenting

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to include:

E-mail addresses
    Gift reminders
    Clothing Sizes
    List of items to look for while yard saleing
    Financial Goals
    Auto payments assoc w/ bank acct or cc
    warranty info

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i just looked and realized i spelled categories wrong

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

this is good info
    i think i will add the health info since we have the HSA and high deduct i need to track this better
    and my exercise plan

also i am typing up all the account info today to keep a copy in there and a copy in the lock box

i like the idea of keeping a yard sale/ thrift list

and i need to update our list of household projects from last year

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A section for tax documents too. In that section put in a open top sheet protector, and use it to put in reciepts that can be used for tax reasons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great topic, I am glad that this was started, I really have started to try to get life on track and I love to have things organized like this, thanks for all the info.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In mine, I have:
    Emergency contact info, like vet, poison control, insurance, things like that.
    Birthdays, for friends, family, coworkers. I am the one that sends everyone a birthday card.
    I also have a wish section. If there is something that I would like to do, buy, or make, I put it in this section.
    I also keep a log of places that we like. For instance, if we go camping and like the campground, then I add that to the list. Or if we go to a restaurant, if we like it or dislike it, then I add it. If we go to a new park with the kids, same thing

I have sections for the seasons also. In the spring one, I keep track of the plants and veggies that I plant, when I started them and such.
    In the summer, I keep track of when the veggies start to come in, what I thought about the flowers that I planted and so on.
    In the fall, I put in a list of things I have canned. Decorations that I use, where I keep them stored and all that.
    Same with the winter. but the winter one is a little different. I keep track of the first frost, the first snow, how hard/mild the winter is and so on. It helps me know how hot/bad the following spring/summer is going to be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great ideas moor.

So far this is what I have done for mine:

i have a calander at the beginning of the binder

The first section is phone numbers and addresses, emergency numbers etc

Then I have a chores/cleaning section, In this section there are things to do daily, things to do monthly, things to do yearly. And a break down of my day.

Then I have a general info, misc section: In this section there are log in names and passwords for things and anything that don't fit anywhere else.
    Then there is a groceries/shopping section, in this section there is the master shopping list, with things we buy every pay day, I am thinking of adding a meal planner for the month here as well.

Then I have a money,savings,budget, finances tab, in this section I have all income for the month listed on a page, I have a page for the electric usage, the month of the bill, the billing days, kwh/day, and total kwhs and I also put in the total of the bill, I also have a savings goal if I am saving for something in particular, and my debt goal, what to pay off etc, Then in this section I have an exercise book where I keep track of monthly bills, once a year bills, etc.

Then I have a exercise, healthyliving, medical section. In this section there is a food guide for toddlers, medical insurance info, some info on bedwetting and healthy eating, Phone numbers for various drs and hospitals we use, Then I have a page for each of us, with name, date of birth, and medical numbers, and then any meds that we are taking and what reason we are taking them. In this section I also have an exercise with all the drs dd has seen and what medical procedures she has had etc.

Then I have a house maintnance type section. In this section I have things written down that need to be done to the house. Paint colors etc.

School section. School info, policies, etc.

Then there is a slot on the back of the binder where I put my bills.

I also have a folder where I am keeping track of spending on groceries, hba etc.

I have anothe folder with savings using coupons, freebies etc per month

And I have decided to start a price book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the ideas here, and these household note books are awesome. I am still working on mine and find new things to add all the time, you ladies have some awesome ideas. Thanks so much for sharing, and here is a couple more ideas to add to what has already been said.

I keep a personal page on each of my children in mine. I include all their childhood shots, any important illness, hospital time, and any meds that they have taken. This may sound weird to some, but I also keep pet medical records here along with there microchip numbers.

I also include a "to do list" so its easy to see what needs doing and what has been done.

I also include a pantry and freezer inventory. Makes it easy to know what I have without digging in to the cupboards and freezer.

I keep a list of VCR, DVD, and all those type things so if someone borrows one I know who has it.

I keep a master list of all birthdays and anniversaries, easy to check as I do it by the calendar months.

I also added a list of ID numbers for the guns, electronic equipment, and any thing with a serial number on it like guns and bicycles. I also include warranty infomation and numbers here.

One more that I add is a home maintenance sheet. I find it helps me keep on a schedule for keeping up with the season things that need to be done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Some great ideas, I need to add medical to mine because that stuff is all over the house right now. I also want to add things that I want to get done and the steps I need to finish it. I have a bad habiat of wanting to do a ton of things but then get nothing done because I dont know where to start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

These are really good ideas, I would have never thought to make sections for some of this stuff!! I do like the idea of using a dry eraser marker on sheet protectors to check things off, that was a great idea!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How great is this thread??? I wanted to start a binder but didn't know where to start. Bumping this up so others may know as well!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are some great ideas for sections in this thread. Bumping it again for 2010.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast