Frugal Village Forums banner

Took MIL to Aldi

Tags
aldi mil
2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  imagine 
#1 ·
I have been shopping at Aldi for a few weeks. My MIL and I talk almost everyday.FIL and DH jokingly complain about us talking to each other so much on the phone when we are next door neighbors. Anyway, I have been telling her how much I have been saving on groceries. From $250/week to $130/week. She went with me yesterday. Her groceries usually runs $100/week. She spent $58. She is now planning her week around my grocery trips so she can go with me.

#2 ·
How neat, save gas & money & spend time with someone you care about. All pluses. :tay:

#10 ·
Aldi's Bummer

DH and I went shopping at Aldi's last night, and spent nearly 50 bucks and didn't come out with nearly half of what we used to be able to get for that amount. Granted, we can't eat "junk" food (pasta meals, rices and pasta sides, canned ravioli's, etc) due to DH health problems, but still -- sheesh!! 50 bucks on mainly frozen veggies? I can get by better and cheaper shopping the sales between Dillon's and Country Mart or just by buying off brand only there. I was really disappointed. :furious:

#11 ·
DH and I went shopping at Aldi's last night, and spent nearly 50 bucks and didn't come out with nearly half of what we used to be able to get for that amount. Granted, we can't eat "junk" food (pasta meals, rices and pasta sides, canned ravioli's, etc) due to DH health problems, but still -- sheesh!! 50 bucks on mainly frozen veggies? I can get by better and cheaper shopping the sales between Dillon's and Country Mart or just by buying off brand only there. I was really disappointed. :furious:
I went to give ALdi's a "look see" yesterday. Most of the things were more expense than the other stores in my area regular price, especially if bought the off brands at the other stores or bought on sale. I too was disappointed.
Maybe, my hopes were set to high.

#12 ·
I think its great you two can spend time like that together. I would love for a girlfriend to go shop with. Then I could leave DH at home!

Debbie in Missouri

#13 ·
Suzy, that is great you could save so much and now are able to share that with your Mom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.