Results 1 to 4 of 4
12-24-2003, 02:14 PM #1
- Rep Power
Other Uses For Fabric Softener Sheets
Did you know all these wonderful things a fabric softener sheet can do?
1. Repel mosquitoes - Tie a sheet through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
2. Eliminate static electricity from your television screen - Since sheets are designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet to keep dust from resettling.
3. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors - clean with a used sheet
4. Freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet in a drawer or hang one in the closet.
5. Prevent thread from tangling - Run a threaded needle through a sheet to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
6. Eliminate static cling from pantyhose - Rub a damp, used sheet over the hose.
7. Prevent musty suitcases - Place an individual sheet in each suitcase to keep it fresh smelling.
8. Freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet under the front seat.
9. Keep the shock away - Place a sheet in your coat pocket to avoid the shock you get getting in and out of the car in the winter.
10. Clean baked-on food from a cooking pan - Put a sheet in the pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti static agents apparently weaken the bond between the food and the pan, while the fabric softening agents soften the baked-on food.
11. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets - Place a sheet at the bottom of the wastebasket.
12. Collect cat hair - Rubbing the area with a sheet will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
13. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds - Wipe the blinds with a sheet to prevent dust from resettling.
14. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand-papering. A used sheet will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
15. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry - Place an individual sheet at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
16. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they smell great in the morning.
17. Another thing you can do with them is to hang the sheets outside your doors to keep the flies from congregating and getting in your house every time the kids open the door.
12-24-2003, 02:16 PM #2
#17 spunds like magic to me, I will try this, Thanks Michelle
12-26-2003, 10:23 PM #3
- Rep Power
Thanks for the tips. I knew some of these, but I will have to give some of the new ones I didn't know a try.
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
12-30-2003, 01:01 AM #4
you can sometimes cut the fabric softener sheet in half and it will do lots of the same thing, even when u dry the clothes and u save money too that way
some of thiese I knew others did not , so thanks for posting
By Ali Lee in forum Calculations and AlternativesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
By AGierald in forum LaundryReplies: 12Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:39 PM
By Julia Kimber in forum LaundryReplies: 8Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:07 AM
By Sara Noel in forum LaundryReplies: 16Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:48 AM
By couponchic in forum Just TipsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-19-2003, 07:48 AM