Little Known Secrets - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The public library is filled with free things - DVDs, magazines, activities, computer/internet, not to mention books. It's an underused resource. You can even borrow e-books nowadays.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made some resuable cleaning cloth out of old wash rags for cleaning the bath room that i like really well found recipe on pinterest had made some before with paper towels and different ingredients didn't care for them. This recipe is on pinterest callled clorox wipes but there is no clorox in it done real good getting a big spot of soap scum off shower door with a little elbow grease. I changed the recipe up just a little boiled the water never put no ammonia in it and used 1 Tablespoon Meyer's dish soap instead of dawn. This morning i made some for kitchen using old dish rags same recipe.I like the way they clean and that i can reuse them.

t is a very simple recipe it called clorox wipes
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not little known but...

I truly believe if you can get into the swing of every 2 weeks grocery shopping ( besides the milk/bread pick up ) it saves on monthly purchases. I used to do this a long time ago and it saved probably 1/3 a month. I've tried to get back into the process the last couple months but finding it harder to do now than it used to be. Now with replenishing from the hurricane it's going to take longer.

Couponing/sales/stacking for as much stuff as you can that you will use. It's also a nice cheap way to try many things that you couldn't otherwise afford or would bother with. Things that you definitely can and will use ( especially non perishables ) get as many as you can using the coupons/sales/stacking and stockpile.

I have a little 2 cup coffee pot that was a gift many years ago. I use it for the once in awhile "want one cup of coffee" before bed. Saves using extra coffee that won't get drank.

Still using Walfart bags for trash when I can.

When something I'm cooking either on top or oven.... when it's close to being done I just turn stove off and finish it on already built up eat.

When I'm off from Sat afternoon until Tuesday morning I try to not leave ( gas ) unless I either HAVE to or unless I have more than one thing to do. Publix and $General are 5 minutes from work and totally on the way home so those get stopped at on the way home and no special trip made. No extra gas used.
    Last edited by NikoSan999; 10-03-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge April
    $

Grocery Challenge/April
    Goal $250.00
    Total $00.00

Eat Out No More April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/3

No Spend Challenge/April
    Goal 20
    Accomp/2

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wrap celery in aluminum foil. It will keep for weeks.
    Foil also helps cheese stay fresh better than plastic wrap.
    Cook food in batches, especially when using the oven. It takes the same amount of energy to cook a double or triple batch, plus only one time to clean up. Freezing extra in meal size portions, creates no cook nights!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I heard these cleaning tips on the news last weekend so I thought I would give them a try and both of them work very well.

For cleaning wooden kitchen cupboards, put 91% rubbing alcohol on a scent free baby wipe and wipe down doors. Worked great on my grimy cupboards.

For dusting panel doors, vents, moldings or lampshades, use a (new) 4 inch paint brush. I have 6 panel oak doors in my house and this worked well as did the moldings and vents.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To keep bananas fresh longer, wrap each stem very tightly in plastic wrap.

To get chocolate or stains out of carpet, I have used a baby wipe (ones with alcohol) on it first to remove most of the stain. Then I use a commercial carpet cleaner after that.

I have soaked a wet paper towel in vinegar and wrapped it around faucet spouts/shower heads to be left for hours. Calcium buildup usually falls off or can be picked off.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112