Frugal Village Forums banner

must have cleaning products and supplies?

3K views 23 replies 24 participants last post by  MOMMYDEAREST 
#1 ·
What cleaning products, supplies and tools are a must for you to have? Why? What do you use it for?

#2 ·
Vinegar - use it for everything! :)

Baking Soda - used for anything you would use comet type cleaners for - bathtubs, sinks, showers, etc.

#3 ·
a good hand size scrub brush
a bucket big enough to hold my sponge mop (Quickie brand has the best sponge head)
a squirt bottles for my window cleaner and all purpose cleaner
extra towels to dry surfaces and floors (drying really makes a difference)
a good all purpose cleaner (I tend to prefer the ones that have been around longer than I have but I am slowly moving toward "green" cleaning)
a microfiber cloth for mirrors

#5 ·
Our Swiffer Duster (knock off brand) and the cloths. We have a large shedding dog and hardwood floors, so we use this daily!

#7 ·
squegee
Mr. Clean eraser
clean cotton rags
vinegar
baking soda
old toothbrush (for scrubbing little out-of-the-way places
swiffer for floor

#8 ·
My dh is a clean fanatic so for me it's disinfecting wipes. I use them for everything. I keep a container in the bathroom and one in the kitchen. When they are on sale I stock up and clip all the coupons for them. This is one of those things where brand does seem to matter. The two major brands and one new one seem to work. But I bought an off brand at the dollar store thinking of all the money I was going to save -- they were pretty worthless.

#9 ·
x14 cleaner for the bathroom soap scum. Saves me a lot of time, and I haven't found anything that works as well.

Bleach.

Ammonia. (but not with bleach, of course)

Bon Ami or Old Dutch Cleanser. Cheap and good. I get both under a $.

#10 ·
Let's see:
Large microfiber cloths (you can dry dust or wet clean any surfaces with these)
A large empty spray botte filled with Hydrogen Peroxide (GREAT at discinfecting any bathroom or kitchen surfaces)
A swiffer wet jet with the pads, we have hardwood, tile, or linoleum in EVERY room in our house 'cept the bedrooms.
Also a cheap bottle of shampoo (I like to run a bit of water in the tub, add some shampoo, wipe down the tub, and toilet with this)

That's about it.:cowwave:

#11 ·
vinegar - windows, fabric softner
baking soda - as a mild abrasive and with vinegar to clean sink and drains
squeegy ( how on earth do u spell that)
microfiber cloths - I use them for everything
bar towels or flour sack cloths
mr clean magic eraser - I have a 4 year old
simple green
spray bottles for my different cleansers
scrubbing bubbles flushable toilet wand

#14 ·
I love my swiffer (the dry kind_

#17 ·
bleach, windex or cinch, dusting products and Murphy's oil soap

#22 ·
a mop and bucket
fabuloso
lots of bar mops
dishwashing liquid
broom and dust pan

my whole house is porcelain tile, so it can be washed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.