Birthday Game Ideas for a 5 Year Old Girl's Party
    QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Birthday Game Ideas for a 5 Year Old Girl's Party

DD1 is turning 5 years old at the end of March and I want to have a few of her school friends for a birthday party. Does anyone have any good birthday games that could work for between 5 to 10 children? (I'm not sure how many kids will be invited yet.) I'm not a naturally creative person, so any game ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had some kids over last year and we took a pic of them all sitting on the couch making silly faces. Then I printed out a pic for each of them. Finally, they each made their own frame for the pic to take home. I had a lot of that craft foam that I had gotten on sale, but you could use popsicle sticks, paint, old buttons, or stickers. The kids had a really fun time making them and it gives them a memory to take home.

As a parent, I hate when my kids get bags of little plastic toys or candy for birthdays. Mostly because it just ends up being trash thrown around my house. It is nice when they bring something else home. Example, my son when to a B-day party in October where they all decorated a mini pumpkin with paint and markers.
    Another idea is to make cut out cookies ahead of time and that day, just make some frosting and colored sugar. Let the kids frost their own cookies to take home or eat there. Might be more fun than cake even.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.
    Do you have a theme? Does your daughter like anything in particular?

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have a theme yet. Since I'm not sure how many kids are coming (because we haven't got together a complete list of names), I haven't bought plates, hats, napkins, decorations at the $1 store. Birthday partys can be sooo expensive, so if I can cut back a bit (using a little creative juices from my fellow-Frugallers) that would be awesome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you think I could make cut out cookies well ahead of time and freeze them? Would they taste any good after being frozen? If so, how long is long enough to keep them in the freezer?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pin the tail on the donkey, make a papier-mache pinata and fill it with goodies to string up for the kids to hit, balance an egg (hard boiled!) on a spoon races, a game of Twister, musical chairs - I'll post again if I think of more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

could you buy (or make) some small pizza crusts and have the girls select toppings and make their own.

you could get some dress up clothes and set up a photo booth or a backdrop and let the girls try on clothes and have their picture taken (i work kids birthday parties at a childrens salon LOL)

tye dye is fun ...tell the parents ahead of time suggest they bring something to dye and have some stuff for those who dont. since they likely wont dry you can mail them as a thank u.

karaoke is a big hit with girls...build a "stage" with sheets and let the girls sing

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sounds like a good time of year for a kite party... you can get these for a dollar at most places and have a few adults to help with the flying and then the kids get to take them home.

another thing we've done is give a few inexpensive cookie cutters and made salt dough for the kids to play with... you can add food coloring or kool-aid packets to the recipe found at

http://www.gigglemoose.com/salt_dough_recipe.htm

This site has recipes to make sidewalk chalk but it takes 24 hours to dry so you might make some in advance or get some from the dollar store for the kids to play with after making their own, they can then take home the one they played with as well as the one they made

I would be sure to put on the invitation that this party could get messy if you use any of these ideas so kids don't come in their best party wear.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltin' Mama View Post
    Do you think I could make cut out cookies well ahead of time and freeze them? Would they taste any good after being frozen? If so, how long is long enough to keep them in the freezer?
    Yes, they should be fine. Wrap them well I think they could stay in the freezer for a few months anyway, maybe even longer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For my DD birthday party last week (she's turning 3), I had all of her little friends wear their favorite dress up attire. I also lucked out and bought a decent size bag of dress up clothes from our yard sale website for $10! That way for the kids that didn't wear anything or wanted to change, they could. Now it was like herding cats with 14 little girls and 2 boys here - LOL! but it was fun! I had intended to play pin the tail on the donkey - they game set was $1 at Walmart and got everything - good bag items, plates, cups, napkins from the Dollar Tree. But I agree with a PP on the photo op and the cookies for favor instead of junk. Admittedly, I gave the goodie bags out as everyone was leaving, as I didn't want more junk strewn through my house! Oh, also at my Dollar Tree, I got several packages of foam crowns and some stick on hearts and other foam shapes and some glitter glue and everyone made crowns to carry home. If the party is after Valentines Day, you should be able to cash in on some good decorations for cheap too. I really refused to do the whole ChuckECheeses and Jump Zone party - it was $150 for 8 kids for 2 hours without the cake and food! Not frugal and not teaching children how to just have fun. Remember the days when parents didn't spend as much money on the kids coming to the party as what they did on their own children? LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We might paint terracotta pots and having the girls plant flowers in them. I figure seeds for 12 girls (the number we are inviting) could be minimal especially if we divide the seeds into other packets from this
    website. We actually will have the girls eat cake first (from the pots ) like these
    only we'll use chocolate molded flowers instead of real ones. We have a friend who is diabetic and it just seems to make for a better party for her if we do food first and activities after. Later they will paint the flower pots and they'll have seeds in their goody bag to plant at home.

Initially we decided my dd's party would be at this really cute haircut place and we'd do the whole Hannah Montana backstage thing. But I think I will try and convince her to do a tea/garden party at either our house or one of the many gardeny places nearby. We'll do little tea sandwiches, drink lemonade from little tea cups and I'll find other garden/tea party things to do in the meantime. Her birthday is in the beginning of April, but we'll push the party back to her Spring Break which is later in the month.

Hopefully she'll agree to this, I think it would be darling! I am just overwhelmed with Hannah Montana these days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol, I forgot to post the link for the sidewalk chalk recipe earlier and its too late now to edit

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/cra...ewalkChalk.htm