6 Year Old Girl B-day Party
    duva1080
    Tourist

Smile 6 Year Old Girl B-day Party

My daughter will be turning 6 in just about a month. I want her to have the best birthday party this year, the past year has been pretty tough on her, she lost her grandfather to pancreatic cancer (my father), and is about to lose her other grandfather, my ex wife's father to brain cancer. Plus other things that happened or almost happened, just glad that years over...

So just giving her a chance to be a kid and have fun is what I am thinking...

Now I want to be as Frugal as possible, so I am hoping with a month out, we can get some very good ideas in place.

She's 5 now, in Kindergarten, Loves Hanna Montana, and most of the Nick Jr shows, barbie and Disney.

So what ideas do you mind sharing. I am thinking all aspects of the party, games, food, activities, places to go, you name it, I will look into it...

Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For my daughters 5th birthday we had a princess party.

-I made a castle cake with individual princess cakes for each of the 3 girls
    -they all dressed up in their fanciest dresses and wore crowns
    -my mom came over to help and she did makeovers for the girls, they all got their nails painted and some eyeshadow and blush
    -a week before the party me and dd made a pinata and painted it, we filled it with individually wrapped homemade cookies, fruit snacks and some dollar store toys
    -I bought a plain picture frame for each of them to decorate, we used flowers, jewels, ribbons and beads that I had in the craft box, when they were done I took a picture of them all together and printed it off to put in their frames

All the girls still have their pictures in their rooms, and they all wanted their moms to do the same for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well it doesn't have anything to do with Disney shows but I did just throw a birthday party for my 6 year old neice.

We had a cupcake themed party and it was a huge success with the kids (both boys and girls) and the adults.

I decorated with bright colored streamers and balloons from the dollar store. I also made paper lanterns out of scrapbooking paper.

I decorated the table (in my case it was our large coffee table) for the kids. I put down a table cloth and then made a place setting for each kid with their plate and cup. Also dollar tree and I made paper name tags to label their cups and mark their seats.

I made 4 dozen cupcakes: 2 boxes, one chocolate and one white. Then I decorated about half of them, maybe less. The others I placed on the decorated table. Then I filled disposable decorators bags with different colors of icing and placed them and containers of sprinkles in the center of the table.

I made each kid an apron to wear for the party. I used cupcake fabric for the birthday girl and my dd. Everyone else I just used bright colors to match the colors of the party. Then I turned them loose on the cupcakes! It was so much fun to see how different every kid did with their cupcakes. Some just piled on the icing while others went very slowly decorating and making designs. BTW I warned the parents ahead of time that they would be decorating cupcakes so they could dress appropriately incase icing got everywhere but it was surprisingly clean. lol

I also decorated with paper cupcakes on the table. I had several ideas that I didn't get finished in time since I had less than a week from deciding to do the party to the actual party date.

You could do felt cupcake hair bows for the girls or felt cupcakes on little treat bags if you do party favors. Of course with a cupcake party the cupcakes are perfect favors. Also the kids took their aprons home as favors.

You could also make a huge cupcake out of poster board and play "Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake" like pin the tail on the donkey.

This party was a HUGE success and very inexpensive. For everything including scrapbook paper, cake mixes, ingredients for icing, sprinkles and the cupcake fabric I bought the whole party cost me $30 or so. And I bought enough cupcake fabric to make both aprons and a skirt for my DD and I still have some left over.

It was such a blast to do and fun to watch the parents get into it and start decorating cupcakes too.

Can you tell I seriously love to do birthday parties, maybe that should be my new career.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There is new site that is my favorite for Party planning. Its called wishter.net, they have a Party HQ section that has links to some great sites!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what about the local pottery place? we did that once. it was a total hit! kids all painted a piece, had cake and lots of fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What about a tea party theme? With little sandwiches, etc.

Here are some ideas for that theme: http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party...y_birthday.htm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Little girl parties are a blast! It's all in the little details that make the party fun, IMO! We did a Hannah montana theme party for oldest dd when she turned 8. I ordered badge i.d. holders from Oriental Trading and put something like "Special VIP pass for _____'s birthday". I also bought different colored clip-on hair extensions and rub-on tattoos for them from Oriental Trading. Then I found packs of small notebooks and taped on the front of them "autograph books", and they took turns signing each other's "books." For one of the games, they had a dance-off/lip-sync contest for a small prize.

The girls had a BLAST, and it seemed over the top but it wasn't overly expensive. The girls also drank out of plastic champagne glasses and truly thought they were so cool! lol

Hope that helps! We have done many themes over the years. Some expensive, some not.
    Good luck,
    vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have only done boys parties but I would love to do a little girl's dress up tea/princess party. What little (or big) girl wouldn't love that! Small tea sandwhiches, special tea cups, lace table cloth and if your brave get out the good china!

With boys it is a little different. I plan parties at places they can be active: skating, the park, bowling, cornmazes, etc....

Go to www.familyfun.com for good ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So many great ideas already!! For our DD's birthday parties, one of our neighbors always made up the clues for a treasure hunt - cute little poems that sent them all over the place with a fun treasure box with something for everyone at the end!!

Be sure an tell us about the party that you create!!