Please help with birthday party ideas!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Please help with birthday party ideas!!!

Hi everyone!

Any ideas for a fun yet fairly inexpensive birthday party for my 6 soon to be 7-year-old girl?

I'm having trouble coming up with ideas, so the more help/ideas I can get, the better! Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How about going to Hobby Lobby ( or a store like that ) and get a craft for them to make at the party?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of free birthday printables and ideas here:
    http://birthdays.momsbreak.com/

They even have specific pages for each age.
    HTH!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you aren't having too many kids you could make sugar cookies and then let the kids decorate their own. We did that last year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my kids were little they always liked theme parties. They are both boys, so they had pirate, monster etc parties. For girls you could ask everyone to come dressed as their favourite movie character or Barbie, it could be anything that's appropriate for her age. Once you've decided on the theme, the party should relect what you've chosen in colours, candy, cake and activites. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks so much for your input everyone!!!

My DD and I have actually decided on a Sponge Bob Squarepants/under the sea party!

So...if anyone has any ideas for that, that would be great!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We did a sponge bob party for Zachary last year. We had a sponge bob cake and decorations, party hats and blowers. We also bought a sponge bob pinata. There's a printable sponge bob square paints (pin the pants on sponge bob) game online too.

I let the kids dip pretzel rods into melted chocolate and decorate them with all types of different sprinkle type candies.

I had a container filled with little dollar store prizes (just enough where each child got a prize for pin the pants game) and had little goodie bags for the kids too.

The pinata was the most fun. Although giving kids a little tikes hockey stick to hit a pinata was interesting. lol When that pinata busted open, I have never seen kids scramble for candies so fast. lol It was so funny!

Gabe made the veggie-dip-cheese-cracker-cold cut trays.

Zachary's party lasted 2 hours and it flew by.

**edited to add** I forgot...Gabe bought the kids those punch balloons. They loved them! They're inexpensive and the kids had so much fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My experiece is kids like tossing games. Get a paper towel or toilet paper box and draw a character on one side. (The kids don't care how it looks) Cut out some holes for the kids to throw through. You can tape construction paper over the back of the hole. It makes a cool sound and looks neat when your "bean bags" go through.

Make the bean bags out of balloons filled with rice. Strech the mouth of a balloon over the end of a funnel. Fill with rice to desired size and tie off. Trim the end to near the knot. Take 2 more balloons, the same size, but different colors and cut off the neck and snip 3 or 5 very small snips in the main part of the balloon. Stretch these over the rice filled balloon. I think you can firure it out. They look very cool! You might want to make enough for each kid to take one home.

Gosh I hope that all makes sense