Frugal Birthday planning for ds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal Birthday planning for ds

Ok so he wants a bike rodeo LOL. So DH did some research on bike safety and got some cones from the fire department. We live across the street from the highschool...so we will set up a bike rodeo in the high school parking lot this Sunday afternoon. DH printed off some coloring sheets he found online for goodie bags and I found some bulk crayons and gonna wrap a few together as the thanks for coming gift. DH also called our rec department who sponsored a bike rodeo (which is where almost 5 yr old ds got the idea) and they are putting together goodie bags for us to give out.

I am making the cake and putting a toy bike on it and candles that spell out Happy Birthday (since I can't cake decorate LOL). We will be having hot dogs and chips...got the hot dogs on sale for $1 a pack Ballparks and then getting some Lay's on sale today. Then got ice cream on sale for $2.88 a half gallon. All plates, napkins etc came from the dollar store.

He is getting a bike from Walmart for his birthday...$34.95 and a helmet.

Hopefully I have everything I need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a great idea to make the day special for your son! I love your creativity. Do you mind if I steal shamelessly? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

We try very hard to stay away from the "let's show off" birthday party competition that seems rampant in most suburbs. Our typical party involves games, a pinata, and a HM cake at our house. The kids always have ton of fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default .

That sounds like a very fun birthday party! I have a feeling the kiddos will be talking about this party for a very long time! I like creative and different ideas like that. And when it costs very little, even better!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am also gonna put this in my file for later what a great idea. what kind of activities do they do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will let you all know how it goes...I am sure it will be fun. I will def be flattered if you use the idea!

DH is going to do bike safety and check tires etc and then have them race and/or go through cones. Then maybe just some free riding around in a circle in the parking lot. Then we'll eat hot dogs, cake/ice cream, and open presents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a great idea!!! These are the best types of parties...your son is so lucky to have such creative parents! I bet the kids have a ball.