Do you stay with your child at birthday parties?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Do you stay with your child at birthday parties?

Or do you drop them off ? My hubby dropped our son off at a bowling party on Sat, and the mom was appauled that he wasnt going to stay and bowl also. She wanted parents to stay only to keep an eye on thier kids. The employees did that, they ran that party, they took them down to the lanes, took them into the party room for the cake, took them over to the games, and gave them tokens to play. Just wondering what all of the other moms out there do? I guess by todays standards i am a horrible mother for not staying right there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Dd is only 4, so we do stay with her now. As she gets older, we'll drop her off. This is a party for her to enjoy. Why do we have to be there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dd is almost 8 and we have always stayed with her - usually our entire family. I always tell the hostess when I RSVP and our 2 sons and us don't eat bday cake or snacks unless prompted by the hostess and we are certain there is enough.

We have been appalled at the parents who drop off the child without even going in and checking things out. The hostesses always make a point of thanking us for staying and helping out. The reason we are there is to watch our child and make sure she is OK.

I guess if you knew the child's parents well and knew that there were enough adults to watch them, it would be OK to drop them off and leave. Personally, we haven't gotten to that point yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes i use to go and stay with them, now they are older i leave, I know my 15 year old would rather i wasn't there with her, MOM WITH ME never. Too funny but the 9 year old i stay with just to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have stayed with my son at a party before and the mother was a horribly mean person,we ended up just leaving-such a shame the child was a nice little boy. I dont just drop off and run.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we fully understand lynnie. we didn't think that. my youngest had a friend whos mother was like that she was so mean to that poor little girl i didn't want my daughter to go there. so sad isn't it. We didn't really think you did the drop and run.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would drop our oldest off and leave,only because she would want me to leave LOL
    If it were at a skating ring and the mom wanted others to stay and help I would if I could,but if not I would tell her before hand that I won't be able to stay and see if it was still ok that I left my dd there.

The other 2...Nope..I haveta stay

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stay, I took 9 yo (at the time ) dd to my best friends dd's BD party, It's the thing here to have a party at a hotel and sleep over and have a pool party...... My friend and her dh were there, 1 -15 yo big brother and 9 girls, my friends dh was asleep in the chair by the pool, my friend asked if I wanted to go back to the room with her while she changed out of her wet clothes, she woke her dh to watch the kids.... He feel right back to sleep, she said come on, it will be O.K. ....I declined and stayed by the pool side, my dd got in trouble in the pool and sunk right to the bottom of the 5 ft section, the kids were so busy swimming none of them even knew she was in trouble... I am not much a swimmer but I went in and pulled her out..... She was OK.... Scared but OK..... My friends dh never woke up...... It wasen't discovered that there had been any trouble, until my friend returned 10 minutes later and found me in soaking wet clothes....
    I believe that had I gone I would have lost her..... I don't depend on other people to look out for my kids........ Some people are so nieve !!!!........ I will help you look for your missing child (God forbid) But never want to ask someone to help me look for mine........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

all depends.. I would never just drop off my kids BUT my daughter is at the age where she doesn't want/need me to be there with her..
    I would never bring my other children with me either..

We have had birthday parties here and most parent just dropped their kids off, with my daughter I know most of the parents already so that is fine but some parent who I never even meet before just dropped their kids off for a sleepover..

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would stay. I just want to be there just in case!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lori, that is awful. Thank God you had forsight to stay back. I've also been to a childs party where all of the childs aunts,uncles, cousins grandparents have been there also and i felt like i was intruding on a family get together. In the end though last sat my son had a great time. He asked for a bowling party for his birthday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Till age 5 some one stays after that we drop off. They have been 2 to 3 hour things at the kids house so we feel safe. And when my kid has a party it is the same thing kids get dropped off.

We all go in and say hi to mom and/ or dad and bye to our kid.