Need birthday ideas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need birthday ideas

My dd is turning 13 this year - AAACK!! A TEENAGER!!!! I'm trying to think of a fun party idea - nothing too babyish since she's "grown up." Needs to be a party appropriate for girls AND boys. I though of a dance, but they are too self-consious to dance in front of each other (GASP!!!!) Anyone have a party that they've done that was a success, or have any ideas?

Also, to throw another kink in things, her sister turns 10 two weeks earlier. I usually do a birthday together instead of planning two birthdays two weeks apart. If you have an idea that would work for both girls at once, that would be great!! Its kinda a milestone birthday for both of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dd turned 13 last year, we had a pool party. It was $50 to rent the city pool for 2 hours, we made grilled hot dogs at home-put them in the bun, wrapped each in foil, and packed them in the cooler...we had the kids meet at the park by the pool 1 hour before swim time and had hot dogs, chips, and kool aid. We had a blast!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, DJ. We did this a few years ago and they loved it. I'm sure it would be fun to do again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DS recently went to a friend's 13th b-day party and they went roller skating...you can either rent roller skates or in-line skates.

They had pizza and cake and he had a blast! Something I don't think I would have thought of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well it all depends on the season her bday is in and where ya live!

summer: pool parties, garden parties (ie, just a party in the backyard), grill foods for 'em.
    winter: ice skating, snow boarding, skiing.

otherwise, what are her hobbies?
    a friend of ds had a bowling party last year. another did a campout party.
    so what about a theme based on a hobby?

i'd say, unless the 2 girls have the same friends, keep the parties separate, because since the 13y/o is "grown up" she'll just see it as "mom being mean & baby sis taking away the show & making it all "babyish"" LOL

dont over-do the decorations. keep the cake simple, but lotsa pretty icing (nothing like "I love my baby daughter" written on it! LOL).

she's an "adult" now so feed into it for a day!
    but no embarassing pic's of her as a "child".

example: my niece wants to be a dancer (ballet) when she grows up. She's been in ballet/dance now for about 11 yrs (she's 15)... so doing a ballet themed party would be fun... games based off of ballet stuff, a ballerina cake even. But NO pic's of her as a "kid". Easy on the "pink" & "ruffles" too!
    But she gets a sleepover with her gf's and has a party during the day with boys & girls where they go to a movie, or have a cookout.

hope that helps

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wanted to add....dd went to a party at the local bowling alley a couple of weeks ago. the parents that hosted paid for 2 games of bowling and the food and the kids brought money from home for the arcade if they wanted. they were all 13-15 years old and they had a blast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Both girls like "girly" stuff - lip gloss, purses, fashion, etc. I'd thought about doing a sleepover for both with two or three of their best buds and making t-shirts, lip gloss, etc. We could "make" (decorate) fuzzy slippers and have a fashion show.

Their birthdays are in May, if that helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You could do an American Idol or a Dance Dance Revolution Party or a Guitar Hero Battle Royal. I had a sleep over for my daughter who turned 14 with her friends and all they did was play the DDR and Karioked. They had an absolute blast. I'm sure you own some kind of WII or Play Station. Ask their friends to bring over the extra accessories needed. If you do not own a gaming system see if someone you know has a karioke machine you could use. For goodie bags I sewed make-up bags out of old jeans (the pockets) and put a cute pair of sox and lip gloss in for each girl. They loved them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another Idea that I did was play Deal or No Deal with the kids. They loved this too. I took 10 bags and put different items in them. Cheesie stuff like eraser and pencils to good stuff like a current artist CD. They liked this too. It kept them busy for hours. You could do this for all girls or guys & girls.