No $$$ for birthday Party

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default No $$$ for birthday Party

HI EVERYONE, MY BEAUTIFUL FIRST BORN, JESSIE IS 15 TODAY!!! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CELEBRATE WITH IMMEDIATE FAMILY AT HOME FOR THIS HAPPY OCCASION, AS I HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND. ANY IDEAS ON FOOD, SHE LIKES CHICKEN MOSTLY. I HAVE MADE THE CAKE. WE WILL PLAY SOME BOARD GAMES MAYBE. ANY IDEAS ANYONE??? SHE IS A GREAT KID AND WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR HER WITH HER BROTHERS AND I. THANK YOU SO MUCH, AND SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For my dd's 16th next week I'm planning tons of balloons ($1) and lots and lots of streamers from some old crepe paper we've got. I've also got some old ribbon I'll stew down the table. I'm using an old sheet as a table cloth. Just planning on being over the top. See what you've got on hand. Her favorite food and cake are great. Letting her pick the games.
    Too late today but maybe breakfast in bed this weekend? Movie from the library? My dd will have a friend over later (when my cash flow is better) for movie, popcorn, nail painting and general teen girl stuff here at the house. You could also give out coupons good for---whatever, a break from chores, hugs, computer time uninterrupted, whatever. Happy Birthday to her. I have one turning 7 tomorrow and 16 next week. It goes too fast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Get out old pictures and share them with everyone. Make a sign for the front door where she will see it. If you have a 2$--buy napkins and a balloon for the table. Chicken,,hmmm... could you make chicken salad? would she like that? cook, dice, mayo, relish salt&pepper, bread. A large bowl of popcorn, couple kinds of kool-aid...freeze some cubes for glasses. Cake with candles, ice cream? Have fun!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since it is immediate family at home, how about a potluck? I wouldn't be offended since it was family asking me. Maybe you provide the drinks, cake, chicken main dish and they add the sides.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree about the potluck....most of my relatives are more than happy to bring something.
    I always did "coupons" when my children were younger. They still say that they were their favorite gifts and they really didn't cost anything but my time.
    How about a slumber party? Popcorn and movies from the library?
    Good luck and happy birthday to your daughter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think a slumber party and library movies are a great idea. Happy birthday to your DD!

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you could give her a spa day this weekend. Do a pedicure and maybe a facial on her. She'd love it!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Darling Daughter's 15th Birthday....

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! WHAT ENDED UP HAPPENING IS, 2 OF HER FRIENDS MOMS GOT TOGETHER AND PICKED UP 4 PIZZAS!!!! I MADE A HUGE SALAD AND CAKE, WE DECORATED THE DINING ROOM FOR FIVE $$$ FROM THE DOLLAR TREE, PLATES, NAPKINS, AND A BIG BLOW UP PALM TREE AND PARROTT, AND AN 8 PACK OF CARDBOARD TROPICAL FISH ABOUT 10-12 INCHES EACH. WE DANGLED THEM FROM THE BEAMS W/ DENTAL FLOSS. I MADE KOOL AID AND FLOATED ORANGE SHERBERT W/ OLD UMBRELLA TOOTHPICKS I HAD IN THE DRAWER. WOULD YOU BELIEVE 11 KIDS SHOWED UP AND IT WAS A TOTAL SURPRISE TO JESSIE (AND ME TOO!!!) THEY PLAYED THE PIANO AND ATE AND GOOFED AROUND UNTIL 9:30 AND PLAYED THIS CRAZY MUSICAL CHARADE TYPE OF GAME THEY ACTUALLY MADE UP!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE THE IDEAS, YOU MADE ME FEEL OK ABOUT THE NO MONEY BIRTHDAY PARTY. IT REALLY IS ABOUT HAVING FUN WITH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE, NOT ABOUT THE MONEY SPENT.!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like it was a great party. Glad it turned out so fun. It really is all about the fun, not the money

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad everyone had a great time.

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so glad it turned out really well, and you know what, I bet she'll always remember that party. Probably more than other kids who expect so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank You! What a nice thing to say. I do hope it will be a fond memory of hers in the future!! Don't know why my email is on the other postings from me?? musta done something wrong!!
    Last edited by mcmac; 03-29-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wanted to add something.