What is your specialty dish ?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up What is your specialty dish ?

Hi everybody

I know by now that we have great cooks here on the boards , so I thought why don't we share our favourite specialty dishes
    If that sounds apealing to you guys please post your best specialty recipe....I'd like to add some great recipes to my collection and am sure others would like that as well.

As for me , my specialty is a very yummy cake I call it coffee cake because it has coffee [ instant] in it. It is so easy and very yummy.

Ingredients:

1 box white or yellow cake mix [ you can also make your own favourite cake or even chocolate for a mocha flavour] prepared as directed on the package and cooled to room temp [ split it in half if you did not make it in 2 ( 9 inch round pans)

To soak the cake:
    1 Tb instant coffee
    2 ts suger
    1 cup of warm water

Mix all ingredients together and set aside

filling and Icing:
    1 tub 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
    4 ounces cream cheese , at room tem
    1/3 cup powdered suger, you can add more if you like
    1 Tb spoon instant coffee + 1 Tb hot water , mixed

Whip the cream cheese with the suger until fluffy, add the coffee and fold the whipped topping [ taste to make sure if you like the sweetness of it, otherwise you can add more suger]
    Take the first half of the cake , make some holes in it with a fork and soak with half the coffee [ use the rest to soak the other half of the cake]
    spread 1/3 the Icing and then top it with the other half of the cake, spread the rest of the icing to cover the top and the sides. Smooth it out and top it with toasted almonds [ you also can blanch the almonds and dip them in melted chocolate, or you can use chocolate covered coffee beans ]
    chill for 6 hours or overnight, you can also freeze it if you want sort of an Icecream cake

This usually disappears in my house

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm told my salmon steak is really good-and it is so easy. Very fresh salmon, rosemary and lemon zest, olive oil and fresh parsley( I like to just toss whole handfuls with the stalks and all) in a non stick frying pan, cook it on medium, turning once.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shrimp Monterey

Devein and remove the tails from 2 lbs. of medium shrimp (fresh or thawed if frozen). Saute 1/8 tsp. minced garlic with a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a skillet. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and place in a 13x9 inch baking dish; add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the remaining mixture in the skillet. Cook over medium heat until reduced by about 1/2. Pour the mixture over the shrimp and top with 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have to say my specialty has to be bread. I have made so many differnt kinds of breads without a bread machine that I can't pick a favorite one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the one, i am always asked to bring to familie do's so i guess this has become my speciality by default

Easy lemon Pie, that looks like you have been slaving all day...

Easy pastry

125g butter
    1 cup flour
    1/2 cup icing sugar

into a food processor till it makes a ball, then press in to loose bottom pie tin, & chill for 20 - 30 mins before blind baking for 15 mins @160 degrees

the lemon filling

juice and zest of 2 -3 lemons
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons flour
    100g melted butter
    4 eggs,

into the food processer, then poor in to the hot pastry and bake for 25 mins.

can also be made in to little, individual pies.