Frugal Village Forums banner

Out of sausage?

Tags
sausage
982 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jettsmom 
#1 ·
I don't know if I told you guys or not, but a while back, I got twenty pounds of ground turkey for .58/lb. What a deal, right?
Well, my husband is in graduate school so on the weekends he is gone, I make the boys English muffin pizzas. I use tomato sauce well seasoned for the pizza sauce and slice up mushrooms, olives, green peppers, etc.. Well, I was looking for the bulk sausage I THOUGHT I had in the freezer and discovered I didn't have any. So, I grabbed a pack of the ground turkey and added sage, salt, pepper, parsley and a few other little odds and ends to make my sausage. It was wonderful! I have finally realized that I crave sausage for the flavor of the SPICES, not the meat. We all know just how much better ground turkey is for you than sausage, so now I always use it for this sort of thing! I am planning on trying it for sausage patties in the near future.:chef2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.