Family Favorites
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Family Favorites

What would your family eat every day if you let them? My husband would eat salad, succotash, hot-buttered-cornbread, steak, red beans & rice, fried chicken, rice & gravy and fried pork chops every day if he could.

I could eat my DH's spaghetti, shrimp (any type, any time), sweet taters, fried chicken, broccoli, salad, asparagus and DH's bbq/grilled anything every day if it were possible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The first thing that comes to mind is macaroni and cheese. Isabel would definitely eat this every meal if we'd let her. I could probably eat Philip's chicken & mushrooms every day. I try to eat chocolate every day, does that count?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My SO would eat box mac and cheese and hotdogs every night of the week--Yucky!! Other than that anything you can stick in a flour tortilla he'll eat. I've seen him eat spaghetti and meat sauce in a flour tortilla. Other than that he could eat chinese food every day (it's a good thing we have a $5 Chinese all you can eat buffet in town).

As for me, I could eat casseroles (comfort food I guess), carrots (raw or cooked), chocolate (no explanation needed), deli ham for sandwiches, chinese food (except that everything has MSG in it and it does terrible things to me), rice (any way, shape or form), eggs, cheese, bananas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH would eat sausages (but only if theyre bought from one store in town that makes their own), brick cheese, and Kraft dinner every night.
    DS would eat eggs. I don't know what it is with this kid, he loves eggs!! He loves cheese, both brick and processed as well. I think for him, an ideal day would be made up of eggs for breakfast, with a glass of chocolate milk, Campbell's veggie soup for lunch with plain toast and more chocolate milk, and Kraft Dinner and hot dogs for dinner, with more chocolate milk and some brick cheese on the side. My arteries are hurting just thinking about what would happen if I let my family eat whatever they wanted to every night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't think of a particular meal that DH or I could eat every day. I'd get sick of it after 2-3 days.

But DH could eat ice cream and/or cookies every day. Huge bowls of ice cream. He can go through a package of cookies in one sitting.

I could eat sour cream & onion flavored potato chips every day.

I try to only buy ice cream once or twice a month, if that, and one small thing of cookies a week. I rarely buy chips b/c once they're opened, I'll eat the bag in one day.

DH will go to the store and get ice cream if he really wants it but lately he's been buying SoyDream b/c he has high cholesterol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm. Dh would definitely eat spaghetti pie or chicken stew & dumplings. Oldest dd would eat shepherd's pie or homemade yeast rolls. Youngest dd would eat cottage cheese or mac & cheese w/ broccoli & chicken in it. Oldest ds would eat mac & cheese and hot dogs. Youngest ds would eat chicken (nuggets, legs, breast, whatever) and mac & cheese. I would eat tomato soup w/ macaroni in it or Italian Wedding Soup w/ butter crackers.

I can't think of any one thing that we would all choose to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DH would eat Hamburgers three times a day if I let him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~For me it'd be baked potatoes, corn on the cob, cereal with milk, pasta-chicken-ceasar-potato or tuna salad, brownies, empanadas, enchiladas, pizza and ice cream.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh and Caesar Salad.
    I could eat that all day, every day.
    My friend picks on me because every time we go out to eat that's what I order

Ani
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My hubby would eat cheeeeeese in any form all day every day. Pizza is another thing that I've seen him devour consistently until it's gone.

My personal favorites are cold cereal, ice cream, toast + eggs, spinach, and sushi. Oh my gosh sushi. I miss it so much! (Only 5 more months until the baby is born and I can eat it again!)

I don't know the tastes of my little boy yet (at the moment, probably amniotic fluid ), but judging by my cravings I think he'd choose to eat CHEEEEEESE and CAAAAAANDY all day long (at least that's what he yells at me first thing in the morning...CAAAAAANDY!)
    Last edited by Ani; 12-07-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Any homemade dessert, and we do eat them everyday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, this is a no-brainer for me. Mine (including myself) will eat anything as long as it homecooked. We ain't picky, LOL.

Now, let me say that when say anything I'm talking about anything within reason, LOL.