Homemade Breakfast Biscuits???
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Homemade Breakfast Biscuits???

My DH wanted to buy those frozen microwaveable breakfast sandwiches that were like $7 for 6 of them. I talked him out of it promising I could make them myself. Only problem is, I dont know how. LOL I saw Sandra Lee make them. She made them and wrapped them in I think parchment paper and froze them. Does that sound right? Can I freeze them in parchment paper and microwave them after completely cooking? What about wax paper? Thanks again. I know I ask a lot of questions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would freeze them individually in the small zipper bags. Wouldn't cost too much anyway because I would frugally wash and reuse them. Maybe someone else knows about the parchment paper.

I know that when I freeze hand-made hamburger patties I use waxed paper to divide the layers of patties within the freezer bag. (BTW I buy bulk ground beef on sale, make my own patties and freeze in various count packages... ie 4 ct for lunches, 8 ct for dinners). I thaw them in the microwave sometimes in a pinch.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If you type in breakfast sandwiches lots of ideas came up on the web. I hope you find one that will work for you. I would either freeze them in a baggie, plastic wrap, or parchement. You could wrap them each in parchement and then keep them all in a large freezer bag. I would imagine that they would defrost in a minute or less in the microwave. I think that making them at home makes a lot more sense then buying them already made at the store. I am sure you can make them healthier and they will be less expensive too. Good luck with this project and let us know how they turn out!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothin' wrong with alotta questions!

I make bfast sandwiches to freeze and reheat quickly for that husband o' mine all the time--I make them as usual, wrap individually in wax paper and store them together in a gallon-sized ziploc bag in the freezer. The wax paper makes microwave heating perfect, the sandwich stays soft instead of getting dried out. He loves 'em and really likes not stopping on the way to work, not to mention the $ saving!

I usually make sausage,egg and cheese biscuits--adding the cheese during the reheating. I've made the same with bacon instead of sausage.

~~Good luck, you can do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my kids were younger they loved them. I just would make some that morning and take the rest and wrap them individually and put in a large zip lock bag. When they would want that for breakfast I would take out and let sit while we were getting ready for school and work and then microwave for a minute, open up, and turn the meat over and then microwave for a few more seconds. I cheated on the biscuits and used the can kind with 8 or 10 biscuits in it. But it was still cheaper than buying the box.

Also before McDonalds came out with the breakfast wrap I would scramble some eggs (just enough to where they were cooked, but not all the way) add sausage or bacon, green peppers or whatever you want. Cool and then put in a wrap and put cheese on top and wrap and put in wax paper. Ten breakfast burritos for less than 40 cents each.
    The kids used to think I was a genius. Just experiment until you find what works. I never kept mine in the freezer longer than 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by freerangers View Post

I make bfast sandwiches to freeze and reheat quickly for that husband o' mine all the time--I make them as usual, wrap individually in wax paper and store them together in a gallon-sized ziploc bag in the freezer. The wax paper makes microwave heating perfect, the sandwich stays soft instead of getting dried out. He loves 'em and really likes not stopping on the way to work, not to mention the $ saving!

I usually make sausage,egg and cheese biscuits--adding the cheese during the reheating. I've made the same with bacon instead of sausage.

So the egg freeze ok? I cant wait to try this! I forgot biscuits but I will run out and get some. Sandra Lee made them by using two croissants together but I think it will be a lot cheaper to just use big biscuits. Thank you guys so much for the ideas! And I am glad that you aren't annoyed by my questions. I am full of them. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by freerangers View Post

Oooh! Another great idea! I am on vacation from work this week so I want to cook up a whole bunch of stuff. This is definitely one thing I will try!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

These would work good with english muffins. They freeze well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Use washed out tuna cans with both ends off, spray them with non stick spray and pour your scrambled egg into it when you cook them in the pan. There are bags of round patti type breakfast sausage out there, I know Walmart and Aldi sells them. I like them on English muffins myself and they do freeze up nicely. I wrapped them in plastic wrap and then froze in a ziplock, but wax paper sounds better and I think I will do that next time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make mine with english muffins. I usually make 6 at a time ( a bag full of english muffins). I toast my muffins while I am scrambling the eggs. Sometimes I will fry a bit of ham, sometimes bacon. I add these on the muffins and put just a bit of butter on the top muffin so they don't dry out during re-heating. I put sliced cheese in them when they are cool enough. I wrap each on individually in tin foil and put them in a ziplock and freeze them. The night before I take one out of the bag and put in the refer to thaw out. Zap it for 40 seconds in the morning and your ready to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pkellyc View Post
    Use washed out tuna cans with both ends off, spray them with non stick spray and pour your scrambled egg into it when you cook them in the pan. There are bags of round patti type breakfast sausage out there, I know Walmart and Aldi sells them. I like them on English muffins myself and they do freeze up nicely. I wrapped them in plastic wrap and then froze in a ziplock, but wax paper sounds better and I think I will do that next time.
    Ok THAT idea of a tuna can is genius!
    I think I will try this this weekend b/c I am craving the McDonalds breakfast samiches but I never have time and am too cheap to go! LOL Plus homemade tastses better - garlicky eggs anyone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow!! thanks for the great (& I agree GENIUS) ideas everyone!
    this is something I've been wanting to do for my family since I don't get up early to cook breakfast.
    English muffins are on BOGO sale this week so I'm going to be trying this right soon.
    I appreciate the details in the cooking & freezing process...I was wonderin' exactly what to prepare before freezing & how long to microwave, to thaw or not! Having the details is a big help,

so, thanks again!