Need Crockpot Recipe for Steak Meat!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need Crockpot Recipe for Steak Meat!

I have 2 large (about 1.5 pounds all together) steaks that arenít too good. They come out extremely tough even when marinated overnight. Does anyone know if I can use these in the crockpot for anything?? Any recipe ideas would be good. They have been in the freezer for a bit now and Iíd like to get them used up but I canít take the toughness cooking them regular. Taste is good, texture bad lol TIA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of course, they would be great in a crockpot! What I do is cut up the steaks in chunks, brown them in oil, and then place them in the crockpot with the following: 1 can of mushroom soup (or any cream soup would do), 1 pack onion soup mix, and 2 soup cans of water. Depending on how much steak you have, I add more water to make more "gravy." If you are a salt fanatic like myself, you can add bouillion or gravy mix for extra flavoring. I put mine on high and cook for 6-7 hours. My meat is fall-apart yummy, and I put the meat and its gravy over mashed potatoes for an awesome supper! My family LOVES this! Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nessarowdy View Post
    Of course, they would be great in a crockpot! What I do is cut up the steaks in chunks, brown them in oil, and then place them in the crockpot with the following: 1 can of mushroom soup (or any cream soup would do), 1 pack onion soup mix, and 2 soup cans of water. Depending on how much steak you have, I add more water to make more "gravy." If you are a salt fanatic like myself, you can add bouillion or gravy mix for extra flavoring. I put mine on high and cook for 6-7 hours. My meat is fall-apart yummy, and I put the meat and its gravy over mashed potatoes for an awesome supper! My family LOVES this! Good luck!
    Yum. Ok, never mind my recipe, lol. This sounds soooooo good, gonna have to make it soon!

My thought was stew or using it in place of hamburger in chili. both cooking in the crockpot all day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sounds soooo good! I think I'll make this for Sunday night (It's just me tonight and tomorrow). Thanks so much!!! Now I can eat the steak without breaking my teeth or jaw!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is how I cook my roasts in the crockpot, except I add carrots, potatoes, onions and mushrooms. Oh yes, it does make a wonderful gravy to serve over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.