IMPORTANT INFO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry IMPORTANT INFO

I wasn't sure where to put this but...I know someone who works for a store supplier in California. She had a meeting today about skyrocketing prices everywhere. They have already raised the price on rice. Very soon they will raise flour, corn, and pasta along with it. The prices will raise almost 10 times in price now. I'm going to stock up on things this Saturday. She also said that once the store suppliers gets all of their items stocked up everything will skyrocket. I will try to keep everyone updated. Just wanted everyone to get a heads up so you can stock up now. With the economy like it is right now, who knows what is going to happen! If anyone else knows anything please give us any info you have also. Thanks!
    Danielle wife to Brandon

Ava 7/3/12

Dog mom to: Boost Bruiser Roxy

Debt:
    Student Loan - Paid in full February 2017!
    Car loan - Paid in full Dec 2015!
    Mortgage - $38000

Emergency Fund: $5800
    Change jar ???
    Ava's Savings - $4200

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy crap. I told DH this and we've both agreed on getting Rubbermaid containers and stocking up now. Dog food too, since it's made from flour, rice and corn....Yikes. Thanks for that heads up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't think about dog food! I've now added that to my list. Thanks! I was looking around in other threads and there is also more info about it.
    Danielle wife to Brandon

Ava 7/3/12

Dog mom to: Boost Bruiser Roxy

Debt:
    Student Loan - Paid in full February 2017!
    Car loan - Paid in full Dec 2015!
    Mortgage - $38000

Emergency Fund: $5800
    Change jar ???
    Ava's Savings - $4200

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dog food can go rancid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How long can it keep in a sealed container?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know but it has oil and meat fat, so it can go rancid. I've opened a bad bag before.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the great info. Rice and pasta are on my list for stocking up on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

danimarie0820, thank-you so much for sharing this information. I know prices have gradually been going up over the past few months but to now know that they may "spike" all of a sudden is a bit scary. Thanks for the forewarning!

Just an FYI tidbit about the dog food. It *can* be frozen. It will and can go rancid as "suki" already mentioned BUT you can freeze the bags and they will keep for *up to two years!

*Note on this: I read this somewhere else and cannot find the information now. So I would recommend this only as a guideline for freezing it. Although if your pets are like mine, the dog food won't last that long UNLESS you come into a nice big chunk of money and decide to spend it all on dog food!
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Ever so slowly rebuilding my stockpile...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Costco here has been selling out of rice in less than a couple hours for the last two or so weeks according to my brother who works there. They haven't raised their prices but the smaller Asian and Mexican markets have gone from $20 to $40 a bag in the Bay Area (so probably all the restaurant store owners are looking to stock up).

Costco had theirs around $15 last time we looked and had to limit people to two bags per customer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh darn it...I'm already over my grocery budget, but now I'm tempted to stock up on these items. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH and I went to Aldi's and bought all the rice they had on the shelves a couple of days ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Honestly, right now in the US the shortages have more to do with restaurants stocking up at the lower price than any shortages.

And the price going up "10 times what we pay now" sounds like an exaggeration. The best thing to do is NOT panic. The worst thing you can do is go to the store and wipe out all they have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

this will not only affect our groceries but restaruant costs too. no biggie,I can live with out that. But we were out of town and stopped and McD's. The happy meal was nearly $6! Last time I was there(2 months) was 3.99

so it's everywhere!! Today I'm going through the freezers and seeing what I can do for space to freeze. I have somestuff. Would like a little more to buffer tought times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default This was posted on our local community board today.

It's no surprise that food prices are sky rocketing b/c of fuel costs, but ---- it really sucks on the pocket book. The cost of rice has doubled and many grocery stores are starting to ration how much a person can buy! Flour is going to double shortly...my aunt who has worked for IGA for 20 years has the new flour price list and a 10 KG bag is going to be going up to over $21 a bag when it's hovering around the $11 mark right now.

On the weekend I stopped at Costco to buy meat and I usually buy a slab of salmon on a weekly basis...usually it includes 2 huge pieces and when cut up it can feed S/O and I for 6 meals, well the price has doubled...I bought a pkg for the same price as I've always been paying, but now I only get 3 meals, so 1/2 the amount of salmon....ugh
    Guess I"m going to go find a few more bags of flour this morning before the rpices go up!!! I'll have to make room in the freezer for it so the buggies don't feast. That kinda...no it really DOES suck.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not stocking up. With the move and all it's not a good idea for us. I'm using up as much as I have in the house and I'm trying not to buy much more.

The only thing I really see as sucking is all the eating out we'll have to do while in the drive across country.

We don't eat much rice or corn due to ds's allergy. Wheat based things are what we survive on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast