Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Chiliís Southwest Eggrolls
09-25-2009,†03:45 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Chiliís Southwest Eggrolls
Chiliís Southwest Eggrolls
1 chicken breast fillet
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
5 7-inch flour tortillas
1/4 cup smashed fresh avocados
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 dash dried dill weed
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash pepper
2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped onions
1. Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
2. Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
3. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it cooks.
4. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
5. Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sautť for a couple minutes until tender.
7. Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan.
8. Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
9. Cook for another 4 minutes.
10. Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
11. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
12. Stir until the cheese is melted.
13. Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
14. Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
15. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture.
16. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
17. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
18. Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
19. While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
20. Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
21. Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
22. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce.
23. Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.
Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
Eat Out No More Feb
No Spend Challenge/Feb
Change Jar 2020
Christmas Fund 2020
By Contrary Housewife in forum Soups and stews RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
By MTS04 in forum Poultry dishesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM
By ladykemma2 in forum Beef dishesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
By LastDragonfly in forum Dehydrator recipesReplies: 18Last Post: 06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
By Duffy in forum General ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 11-15-2008, 11:28 PM