Jon & Kate + 8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon & Kate + 8

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Jon & Kate + 8

I like this show. I would like to see more of their normal days or evenings at home, though. Usually, the show is about trips, parties or special occasions.
    Those kids are so cute. And Kate, she is my hero. She is frugal, ecological, organized, intelligent and really funny.

It is on Discovery travel and living channel. At 3.30am here in Finland

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have become oddly obsessed with this show. I miss it if I can't watch it or it's not on. I grew up in a large family (10 kids) and my parents were NOTHING like Jon and Kate. So I'm wierdly fascinated by them. I agree - I like the "normal" days more than the "special trip" shows.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just watched this show for the first time the other night. Those kids are so cute and funny. I just want to know what drugs are Jon and Kate on. They are just too calm about everything. I'll be watching again just to see if this is how they always are. My mom had 6 of us and how she ever made it through our teen years ( 5 teens at once for several years) is beyond me. I can't imagine have so many little ones.

Cat

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to love watching that show. I think the little ones are SO cute. I don't think she is very frugal though.

I have stopped watching it a bit because I have to say, while I used to enjoy Kate, I think some of the stuff she obsesses over and does is a bit much. However, if I had 6 little ones and 2 older ones, I might obsess over stuff too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I watch them occasionally. Kate is typical OCD and Jon is a typical man *rolls eyes* He is also OCD ... just different topics. I like them more now that they talk to each other a little nicer , usually.

Not sure which one of the older kids it is, but she is spoiled ROTTEN. Glad I don't have to deal with any of them.

As far as frugal, pretty hard to be frugal with 8 kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I might be wrong about her frugality. But she cooks from scratch at least. I know she sometimes uses paperplates. But then again, she has two six year olds and six two year olds. She is a bit obsessed with some things like cleaning.
    I think their little ones behave quite well for their age. And yes, one of the twins is a bit annoying at times. I don´t think she is spoiled at all, maybe it is just difficult to get attention in a croud like that.
    I admire Kate. I know I could not do it as well as she does.

Registered User phoeny_moonstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like Jon & Kate +8. I think she is a bit annoying at times but I can certainly understand it because of all the lil ones running around. I also reallylike 17 kids and counting. Now that woman is frugal!
    Last edited by phoeny_moonstar; 11-22-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is it Maddy one of the twins that is the brat or have more trouble with? I could be wrong because I forget all the names.

The kids are very cute and you would have to be so organized to deal with it all.

One show that I watched I heard her say that she never gets up before 8 am. How is that? Does she just let them all scream until she is ready to get up? lol Or maybe they play in their cribs in the morning.

But then they might sleep in. My little one sleeps in so I am lucky. Anytime I feel stressed that show makes me feel so much better because I would be in the looney bin with that many kids.

Gotta admire moms and dads that can deal with it and I know they get a lot of help so that is nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys should check out truthbreedshatred or gosslinswithoutpity. Ever wonder why they shoved Beth and Jodi out of their lives and there's never any other family mentioned on the show? These people are now loaded through exploiting their children and they have taken advantage of a lot of people -- and then dropped them from their lives when they are all used up (and apparently the behavior goes back to before the children were born.) They even left their old church after offending people who had had previously helped them. I used to like the show, but there are a lot of dirty secrets there. And yeah, Kate if very frugal -- she takes all the free stuff she can get! Takes and takes and takes and doesn't sound near as thankful as she seems on the show. It's nothing but a big product placement oppurtunity under the guise of a family show. (65k per episode is the rumor, plus the free products and trips.)

It's off the net now, but Jodi had a video up explaining things and how much she was hurt. Kate throws a lot of fits behind the scenes apparently -- yes even more than they actually show.

I hate when people call Maddy a brat. How would you like your life involuntarily plastered all over the tv, your parents forcing your bad tempered moments into everyone's face? I'd be in a bad mood, too!
    Last edited by janelane; 11-25-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gosslinswithoutpity seems to be gone. What was it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, sorry, forgot the e. And yes, it will change how you see them, those sites. Before I started really thinking about what living their lives infront of the camera might be doing to those kids, I loved that show. And after reading those sites, I was absolutely horrified at some of the things, the ungrateful attitudes, the entitlement, the flat out disowning of family and friends who had tried to support them.

And you will likely never see an episode of them just doing nothing. The whole point of the show is advertising for products and places, and it seems K & J want to ride this money train as long as they can regardless of the consequences to the children being raised in a fishbowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh dear Lord. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My youngest loves this show because of the kids. I started to not care for it too much after my mom's friend saw them at a conference thing and they passed around a "love offering" then signed pictures for $20! I stumbled upon those previous websites mentioned and that really did change the way I watch the show now! Especially when you see how they are "offered" to go visit or stay at this place. I totally agree that they are milking as much free stuff as they possibly can and I miss the "real" show that they used to do! In regards to maddie, I think she acts a lot like Kate! She has the "middle child" mentality since Cara is older and then there is all the babies.

I like the new show on TLC twins, twins, sextuplets. They seemed to be a normal family, one of their sextuplets, a girl, has cerebal Palsy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks to you janelane for sharing the truth....I cannot handle the way Jon and Kate, Little People and now the Duggars are exploiting their families for trips and big homes...so many product placements in the shows, that it is like watching a commercial!!...I wanna know what they will do when the shows end and the money is gone?....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for your info, Janelane. Interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast