The Duggar's...again!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question The Duggar's...again!

I saw the Duggar's on Tuesday's Today Show. Their 19th has been home for about a month. When asked by Meridith...with all your health problems with Josie, are you planning to have more or is she the last? (not verbatim) Michelle said something like.. we will wait & see what happens & they would welcome another. So, what does everyone think? Also..does anyone know whether any of the older kids have gone on to any training/college? I can't imagine staying @ home taking care of my siblings. When they first came on, all the kids had goals. The oldest boy was going to be lawyer & the oldest girl was going to be a midwife. I believe the oldest boy is running a car lot.. Just curious I guess. Imagine the hospital bill....and the grocery bill.... I guess, really, it's none of my business! ! But, when you put your family in front of millions, you can expect opinions!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i dont question others religious beliefs and that is where they are coming from - each child is a blessing and has a purpose on earth - They seem happy - well adjusted and arent out killing people like alot of teens i see on the news.

would i do it.. no.

and honestly alot of people have dreams of being dr's and such until they find out whats involved cost and time wise .

oldest ds fell in love got married and had a baby .
    Considering the fact they dont even kiss until wed- i can see his reasoning lol !!

I imagine many people can say love changed the course of future dreams - especially education wise .

i see many on frugal lists who got married- had kids- male and female rather than continue an education dream. i dont think its that uncommon.

i also know a few woman whose only dream was to be a mom and they get married young and do just that and later do daycare etc to help pay the bills.

i know the two next in line age wise went on a mission to asia in the last episode . the boy who went to asia is aso a fireman not sure if volunteer or not . But seemed very dedicated to it .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jill...their 4th child...is wanting to become a nurse. Josie being in the hospital kind of inspired her to do so. I know that Michelle made the comment that she was surprised that the one they thought wouldn't be interested in going to college is the one that is interested in going.

And the oldest girl, Jana, is wanting to get into music of some kind, the harp, I think.

Both the older boys have their own businessess...Josh has a car lot and John has a towing business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love this family. They are amazing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While I would never want that many children I have no problem with the Duggars as they are not on public assistance. After Josie I would probably call it quits but if they feel prepared to go through it all again more power to them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i wonder if they ever get tired of being asked if they are having more LOL
    i know its what people want to know but honestly anyone who did an iota of research on the family would know the answer was yes and why they made that decision years ago .

after i had # 5 people would ask that -

i do worry as far as the moms health and what if something happened to her and left them all momless because i hemmorhaged badly after # 5 .
    But they have a strong faith , and well sometimes i wish i was able to have such a strong faith in anything - i would probably look and feel as un stressed as Michelle the mom appears to be .

I use to think man she must be on alot of prozac to be that happy and non stressed with all those kids - but now i think its just that she has a strong faith so doesnt worry about things she can't control

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well they believe in the quiverfull philosophy so It's a silly question. They will have as many as God sends. And yes they are both intelligent and productive so they can remain off assistance.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They certainly are the type to handle and do it well. I would love to have had a large family, in reality I am not cut out for it. They can afford it and are teaching them all great skills.

As for more, I would be worried as Michelle is not getting any younger. God knows what he is doing and if they are blessed with more that's what they will do.

They are not being a burden to society and are producing children that won't be either.

I love this family!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a pleasant change to read positive comments about the Duggars and their family!! You should read the disgusting, venom-filled trash posted other places.

I don't watch the show, just because I don't watch that much TV in general.

I agree, children are an unqualified blessing from God.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love this show but lately I haven't had a chance to catch it. I would agree that they are awesome parents and raising great kids. They are truly a unique family and are well adjusted. More power to them if they are able to have more. Their faith does and will carry them through and that is totally cool!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While their life is very foreign to me, I have the utmost respect for them- they take care of all their 19 without looking for a handout, and (at least it seems0 have still managed to make every child feel appreciated and loved for who they are- they really seem like terrific people.

I myself would have said ENOUGH 14-15 children ago, but I am not Michelle- thank goodness! Don't have enough patience for all she does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

While I would never have that many children myself, I find it hard to fault them because they are taking care of themselves. No public assistance necessary or desired. They are raising their children right, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love the Duggars! He used to be a State Representive or something for Arkansas
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. I'll wear the black hat. They may do as they like, but for my part I am grateful that few follow their example. The resources of the planet are desperately overstrained already, and if population grew at that rate generally, I don't think I would want to see the consequences.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No, I'll share it with you. I love to watch them and think they are some of the best behaved kids there are.

But if everyone believed as they do the world would go to crap.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4