Tide clone recipe
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tide clone recipe

I made up this recipe, but I havent tried it yet. There are two 5 star reviews on Food.com already for it (Formerly recipezaar)

The SUN oxygen cleaner can be purchased a huge bucket at Dollar General. The SUN detergent with bleach can be purchased at Dollar Tree for $1. The Borax at Walmart, and the Washing Soda at alot of smaller chain grocery stores. I have made the liquid before, but this seems so much easier to mix up! I wanted something that would work as good as Tide with Bleach alternative! The SUN oxygen cleaner really does help whiten clothes!

Here is the link!

Tide Clone Laundry Detergent Recipe - Food.com - 359103

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for sharing this. I might give it a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to make this today! Thanks for posting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone tried this yet? What is the total cost per batch? How big is the batch?
    I'm just curious cause I can go to WalMart and get a box of Purex for less than $3.. But I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ON recipezaar, I posted the average cost... It may be more or less in your area depends on how much the supplies cost...

It also depends on how much you need to get your clothes clean.

1 Tablespoon per load = around 2 Cents per load
    2 Tablespoon per load= around 3.5 cents per load
    4 Tablespoon per load= around 7 cents per load

Tide does cost much more than this. I can get Xtra at Walmart for over 5 cents per load BUT Xtra may not whiten and brighten my clothes like I had in mind when I made this recipe, for the cheap cost the Tide Clone could??? I will mix up a batch and post on more updated costs, ect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks! I'm going to try this as soon as I can find the washing soda.
    We had 1 store that use to carry it, but stopped about a year ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just found a new recipe that is almost exactly like the one I created. (Tide clone) The only difference that it does not have the SUN with bleach alternative powder in it and she says you can add essential oils if you wish. Heres the link with more information about it. It can be used in HE washers too!

Cloth Diaper Laundry Detergent Recipe PIF by AikoArt on Etsy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I have part of the ingredients... The Super Washing Soda and the Sun Oxygen Cleaner. I put 1/2 Tablespoon of each into my hot water wash for diapers, and it works! It is going to cost me about 1.00+ a month to wash my cloth diapers using 1/2 T. each in 1 hot water wash everyday. I dont have to pay for heating the water, and we dont have to pay for the electric OR the water because we live in the country, and it all comes with my DH job.

My diapers seem to come out brightened, a bit whitened and fresh. Loving the Washing soda/ Oxygen Cleaner so far! Will update on how the Tide Clone recipe comes out for me money wise! I still have to get Borax at Walmart and Sun with Bleach at dollar Tree
    Last edited by herbsgirl; 08-16-2010 at 10:31 AM.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the recipe! Already have the washing soda and Borax from a previous detergent recipe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Update on my recipe! I made the original Tide Clone recipe (see below) and here is what I found: I bought all the ingredients, I found Borax at Walmart, Sun w/ Bleach at Dollar Tree, big bucket of Sun oxygen cleaner at Dollar General and Washing soda at my County Market Grocey store.

I added tax to each of the prices, and measured out how many cups were in each box, then did some math.

I came up with using 1 Tablespoon in a large load of laundry will cost 2.1 cents per load. I have tried it in my washing machine and it seems to help with whiten/brightening my clothes! Its so easy to mix up too. I just used a ziploc type bag, put equal amounts (1/3 cup) of each ingredient, closed the bag, then mixed it easily by tossing it back and forth.

Tide Clone Recipe

1 cup Sun with Bleach powder detergent( dollar tree)
    1 cup Sun Oxygen cleaner (Walmart or Dollar General)
    1 cup Borax (Walmart or grocey store
    1 cup Washing Soda (Grocery store, ect)

Mix well. Use 1 Tablespoon for every load. 2.1 cents per load! This whitens brightens and you will have clean laundry too! You can use more for extra soiled clothes, but you will be shocked how much just one Tablespoon will do!

Cloth Diaper Detergent

1 cup Borax
    1 cup SUN oxygen cleaner
    1 cup Washing soda

Mix and use 1 Tablespoon per load, use vinegar in the rinse cycle. This is cheap and easy and also helps to get stains and stinks out of your cloth diapers, while also cleaning them, and preventing the buildup that you get when you use regular laundry detergnent on your diapers

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the recipe. I made this the other day. I have a question. Do you just use the 1tbsp per load and no other detergent? That is what I have been doing. Actually I've used 2-tbsp. Thanks again.

The sun oxygen cleaner is about how many cups per container? I could not find it at Dollar General only Oxy-clean. I did find a small 2-cup size at Dollar Tree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually use it without any other soaps most of the time, and I only use around 1 Tablespoon for every load, even huge loads. If I was trying to get some really dirty stuff clean, I might add 2 Tablespoons. Even at 4 cents per load, that would still be a pretty good price.
    The Sun oxygen cleaner at Dollar General is a nice sized bucket!
    Here is the list of the ingredients and what I paid for them

SUN with bleach alternative...dollar tree $1.00 + tax around 8 cups
    SUN Oxygen cleaner....Dollar General $5.00 + tax around 12 cups
    Arm and Hammer Washing soda 2.63 + tax around 6 cups
    Borax (Walmart) around 3.74 + tax around 10 cups

The Oxygen cleaner can be gotten at Walmart, Dollar Tree, or other grocery stores. and you can use Oxyclean in place of it, but it will be much more cost effective if you use the SUN or off-brand oxygen cleaner stuff, unless you get really good coupons with Oxyclean or something!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This video shows a women making a recipe similar to the Tide Clone, she uses 1 bar Ivory soap grated
    2 cups SUN oxygen cleaner
    2 cups borax
    and uses heaping T. for front loaders and 1/4 cup for top loaders. She says it works fabulously!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAi4mTWIjo&feature=search]YouTube - Cleaning with Candy - Laundry Det.[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anybody else try the Tide Clone, how much did you use, how did it work?

Ive been using 1 Tablespoon (2.1 cents) even with large loads, now Im going to try 1/8 cup (2 Tablespoons...4.2 cents) and then 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup...8.4 cents) and just see what happens. No matter what, it still is cheaper than Tide with Bleach which runs around 20-22 cents per load.

I found some more information, someone took the Tide Clone recipe and made their own variation to it, she used Purex instead of SUN powder detergent, and used baking soda. I think the most important ingredient is the SUN oxygen cleaner. (dollar tree has an off brand oxygen cleaner that can be used also)

Heres the links......
    MotheringDotCommunity Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with Purex?

MotheringDotCommunity Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with Purex?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now in my front loader.
    I love it! The clothes come out so clean and bright.
    They are not as stiff anymore either. I guess it was too much soap before. I'm using 1 tablespoon in each load.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast