Alex, I'll take laundry pet peeves for $100 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Paying the appliance guy $85 to remove those plastic floss picks form the pump - did I mention it's at the BOTTOM of the front loading washer and the appliance guys weighs AT LEAST 400# and I'm imagining having to do CPR 'cause he's huffing and puffing and red-faced and dripping sweat?

PS- I'm the only one who uses floss picks, too........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What is DD leaving nail polish in the tiny overalls pockets and DS having pink sparkle decorated pj's

What is DS throwing dirty stinky t-shirts in w/ my fresh dryer load to dewrinkle clothes-ewww/grrr.

What is DH's blue tinged t-shirts because he is too LAZY to do seperate loads

What is EMPTY the DANG lint FILTER every load before the firemen visit

What is Maytag used to be a good brand but is self destructing after about 5 years. Hate you Maytag.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sawdust. my pet peeve is sawdust. DD has birds. at the bottom of the cage is sawdust. when she plays with her birds sawdust gets into her clothes. I don't know how. I try not to figure things out anymore. But I find it...or rather the dryer lint trap does.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Laundry and I will get along just fine once it learns to fold itself and put itself away!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since DH is the main person handing the washing and drying, doing about 15 of our roughly 20 loads a week, I don't have too many pet peeves. >>>>

that much laundry for 4 people ?? wow
    we have 7 here- and we do maybe 12 a week at most including the never ending piles of towels the two teen girls use.
    we do have a large load capacity washer and dryer though .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Momto5RN View Post
    that much laundry for 4 people ?? wow
    we have 7 here- and we do maybe 12 a week at most including the never ending piles of towels the two teen girls use.
    we do have a large load capacity washer and dryer though .
    We have a large load washer as well; holds 18 large towels with room to spare. If we didn't, we would have 25 or 30 loads a week.

#1 - We don't reuse towels. One use the wash.

#2 - We don't re-wear any clothes. One wear then wash.

#3 - DS and DD are both involved in athletics which means LOTS of clothing and easily go through several outfits on a normal day.
    *DS has weight lifting everyday followed by football practice - two different sets of sweaty clothing that must be washed daily. Then, he has a JV football game Monday night and a varsity game Friday nights - those days he has to change clothes from PJ's to school uniform to weight lifting clothes to football practice gear to football game gear. Except for the first Friday of every month. That day he has to wear a specific shirt and tie to school. After Mass (around 10:00 am) at school he has to change to his football game day jersey. Next, into weight lifting clothes for 7th period weight lifting. Followed by football practice wear for football practice and so on and so on.
    *He also plays varsity baseball, varsity basketball, track and field and wrestling so he has to change multiple times daily all year for his various sports.
    *DD has volleyball 4 x week in the summer and fall and basketball in the winter. Her athletic clothes must be done daily as well.
    *DS, DD and DH workout at the gym on the weekend. That is another set of sweaty clothing for each.
    *If they go out with their friends on the weekend, well that is another outfit there.
    *Finally, they both have part-time jobs and both volunteer at the museum. Those activities each have specific uniforms that have to be washed once worn.
    For them, wearing the same thing all day is not an option.

#4 - Bed sheets and blankets are done once a week = 3 loads/week

#5 - Dog and cat blankets washed once a week = 1 load/week

#6 DH changes from sleep clothes to dress clothes for the office to casual clothes for the evening at home - 3 outfits a day for him.

It's no big deal, really. DH is good about doing a load before work everyday, one or two after work and the rest on the weekends. I do a load here or there and the kids will, too. We have a good system that works for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~What is a fitted sheet in the dryer that catches a bunch of other stuff inside and leaves them damp and wrinkled at the end of the cycle?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Balled up socks drive me crazy - why is my only joy in life unwinding socks.
    Tissues - since I airdry my clothes it makes me angry when I pull the clothes out of the washer with tissue pieces I want to scream!

Registered User hippytreehugger4ever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH doing the laundry, MAYBE throwing it in the dryer, but never folding or putting it away.

Or leaving the dryer door open because he's to lazy to shut it, leaving a nice warm pile of clean laundry for the cats to sleep in. I've accidentaly tumbled a cat more than once.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hippytreehugger4ever View Post
    DH doing the laundry, MAYBE throwing it in the dryer, but never folding or putting it away.

Or leaving the dryer door open because he's to lazy to shut it, leaving a nice warm pile of clean laundry for the cats to sleep in. I've accidentaly tumbled a cat more than once.
    I'm not a cat lover and am somewhat enjoying the mental picture

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Living in an apartment and sharing the 2 washers and 2 dryers with 13 other apartments. Plus paying $3 a load and hoping that we put just the right amount of clothes in to get our money's worth, but not so much that they won't dry. *Sigh* Next year hoping to rent where we can have our own .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by hippytreehugger4ever View Post
    I've accidentaly tumbled a cat more than once.
    How long do they last in a dryer? With a dryer sheet or without?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My pet peeve is hubby leaving his jeans rolled up, so that when I unroll them, all the dirt and leaves fall on the floor (or over the bed or wherever!) We get his jeans to fit when he is wearing his boots for work, but he doesnt wear his boots to work at home...That, and having to rewash clothes because they did not get put away and were knocked to the floor where the dogs so appreciate that nice comfy spot!

I have also "dried" my cat on several occasions - I come running now whenever I hear a "thump, clunk, clunk reeeoooowww!"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have laundry issues, I have a pet monster that takes care of them.

Laundry Monster lives at our house, it has for years. Please be warned, if you have altered your clothes in the following ways your clothes will be eaten by the Laundry Monster:

Cutting, tearing, or otherwise creating holes in jeans that allow butt to be seen in any way-shape-form. Accidental or created, monster doesn't ask, doesn't care, it just eats.
    Using safety pins to create a larger, pressed together cleaveage by attaching bra straps together. Favorite bra and safety pin will be eaten. Same applies to tank tops with spaghetti straps.
    Borrowing friends clothes that are obviously inappropriate and unallowed in my house, those clothes will be eaten. The laundry monster does not discriminate. Don't like it? Don't bring their clothes to my house.
    Laundry Monster eats ANY clothing that is obviously outgrown, and it doesn't care that the short-short skirt (created by outgrowing it) is super cute now as opposed to when you were 8 years old.
    Laundry Monster eats ANY items left in pockets, this includes money, no I haven't seen it.
    You will not find the Laundry Monster items anywhere in the house, you can stop looking now. It does not hide the items, it eats them. It also eats stained, (obviously ruined) or otherwise too worn clothes at will. If its missing, it was eaten, don't argue.

Hiding your clothes in your room to avoid the laundry monster will work for a short period of time. Say, until we have a room cleaning situation and its all scooped up and taken to the laundry or until Mother has witnessed an inappropriate item at which time she will find it while you're out and feed it to the Laundry Monster.

Dress appropriately, care for your clothes, and you can keep them. My girls joke about it now but boy did it help through those growing-pains years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

crackin me up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast