Alex, I'll take laundry pet peeves for $100 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haven't read all the replies - Mine is that the stains are not set aside. I'm better now. I put them on the floor (they're already stained, right?) w/ the stained side facing up and give them the pre-treat before I put them in the laundry.

The other is not zipping up or closing the button pants. ERGH! Annoys me to no end. And yes, that would be me.

The other! Is the FREAKIN' ball point pen left in a pocket or clipped to a shirt lapel! It RUINS the entire load and ( I ) only find out after the dryer cycle.

Um, yes, that would be me again. . . I've actually forgotten about all the crayons, gum, wax, chocolate, frogs, rocks, toys, etc. that my son used to leave in his clothes.

I'm not even going to mention the poopy cloth diapers, spit clothes, etc. Um, no - that's not me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pollypurebred39 View Post
    What is throwing a freshly laundered load on the bedroom floor instead of folding and putting away.
    This is exactly what I was going to put. When ds was a teen I'd put the clean clothes on the bed and then they end up on the floor and his room was right across from the laundry room. Guess where the clean clothes went next... . . . . . . . . . into the laundry room to be washed again without being worn.

Oh and JerryG,

Dh's cousin had four kids and refused to check pockets. Her dh always left gum in the pockets and his dress shirts would come out of the wash with glued together pockets she would just laugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Living in an apartment and using the washer/dryer there. Then having someone hover over your dryer and take your clothes out, tossing them on the laundry table or on top of the dryer so that they can put their clothes in the very second the dryer stops. Even if your clothes are still wet, which they most likely are because the dryers are very very old.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Drives you nuts, but they do it over and over again

What is tossing their shirts with one sleeve right side out and the other inside out into the laundry?

next...
    Update:
    Since I spoke to the offending party(he that shall not be named) there has been slight improvement. One sleeve was completely right side out and the other was 2/3 of the way to right side out. That was on both shirts that were in the laundry. Al-mo-st there.
    Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sara

Leaving little toys in pockets, taking laundry out of the dryer and creating Mt. Clean Laundry on the folding table, leaving laundry on the floor less than 6" from the hamper, and not putting away laundry that I've folded so that it ends up on the floor and then back in the laundry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Or putting clothes that no longer fit (that I'm not aware of) back in the laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~What is a fitted sheet in the dryer that catches a bunch of other stuff inside and leaves them damp and wrinkled at the end of the cycle?~
    I don't get this one either. Happens everytime I wash fitted sheets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Washing a load thats too small to consider washing - as in huge basket of laundry to do but once you sort it out by categories, they all must be washed sep. Um hello - jeans & colours or jeans & darks can go into one load to make up a FULL(er) one load kwim?! Stop wasting time/money. And yes...that would be my future other half (and I don't care that his washer/dryer are HE)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Maytag used to be a good brand but is self destructing after about 5 years. Hate you Maytag.
    Have to agree 100% with you on this one!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The wife seems to think that the pants pockets always empty themselves. It is never money left in the pockets and is ALWAYS chapstick. My drycleaning bill afterwards is always the cost of a new shirt. UGH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't unroll or clean out pockets. If it needs unrolled, it gets put in your chair (laundry is in the kitchen) and doesn't get washed. Oh, you wanted it to wear, too bad...

The only time I will clean out pockets is when I am taking pants from the "already worn, but still wearable again" shelf. DH will get quite a collection and I will clean them off and wash them all sometimes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Things left in pockets! I never put things in my pockets....I carry a purse constantly....no need to put things in my pockets. My kids put candy wrappers, gum(unchewed in the wrapper) and other weird garbage in their pockets....then I always find it....in the dryer! Oh and if I find money, it's mine! It's my pay for doing your laundry!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123