New at this

Thread: New at this

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New at this

So I'm moving to Germany in a few short months and have never actually been a line-drying kind of person. Mostly because I live in a tiny apartment and have no yard! However, in Germany letting clothes dry by air is the norm. So my question simply was, is there anything you NEVER put out to dry on a clothes line? For example, I will be bringing a lot of work clothing with me for office work... any advice on those kind of pieces?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some fabrics seem to come out of the dryer and immediately hung up better, with less wrinkles - I'm thinking cotton shirts and lined fabrics. When I hang everything out to dry, I usually end up w/ more ironing to do. Wrinkled clothes freak me out. That said, no - there is nothing I wouldn't hang. Lots of things I prefer to hang - T-shirts, bedding and linens being one of the top items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mom hung pretty much everything on the clothesline. The darks were turned inside out and the underwear was in the middle of the clothes so no one could see them .

PS Anything with shoulders was hung upside down so there weren't any bumps in the shoulders from the clothespins.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Where in Germany? I love it here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I fold t-shirts over the line (about half way) to keep them from stretching out.

Anything that is "good" gets turned wrong side out to dry. That way the sun will bleach the inside of the shirt and not the outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to machine wash on gentle cycle my work clothes. These were dry clean only clothes. Shirts I put on hangers to dry. Skirts I used the hangers that you use in the closet for skirts and pants. Sure I had to iron but it was alot cheaper than the whole dry cleaner route.

I hung the clothes up on the shower curtain rod or door knobs.