where's your laundry area/room? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by mrsengeseth
    Ours is off the kitchen and way too small. I need more room. But I try to fold everything as it comes out of the dryer, using the top of the washer and dryer as folding space.

It's crammed on the back with an upright freezer and all the stuff that's between coming in/out or going up/down. The back door and basement steps are back there too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Count me in for the dungeon. There isn't enough room to really do the folding there, so the hanging stuff, I hang and leave it hanging from a pipe until I remember to has Rob to bring it up. The foldable stuff I toss in the laundry basket and cart up the two flights to the bedrooms, then I try to fold and put away right away, but the fact is, there are two laundry baskets full of clean clothes on my bedroom floor that have been there since Sunday night that still need to be folded and put away.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our washer and dryer are in our kitchen. When our home was built in the 50's they had 2 laundry systems set up in the house. One in the basement, a washer and bar, after bar, after bar hanging from the rafters to hang the clothing from. And the kitchen, right next to the sink they had built into the house a vent and plumbing for a washer that was also a dryer. Ever heard of one of those? I never would have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes. It was a washer that when it completed its wash cycle began to dry the wash load! We got rid of it (To a good home) and put a washer in it's place.

Our Kitchen is a long very narrow galley style. 1/3 of it is a through fare into the living room and a space where a built in dining table was. That built in table is now gone and our dryer sits there. Eventually we would like to get a plumber to route water pipes over to that side of the kitchen so we can put the washer next to the dryer. Then close it off with panel doors. At this time our kitchen is also our laundry room and it looks very odd indeed.

In my dreams I have a gigantic laundry room, with a folding table and racks for drying and hanging clothing, a spot where the ironing board could stay up at all times *SIGH* Some women dream of fancy clothes, expensive cars, trips around the world......I dream of a working laundry room....LOL!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

laundry room connects the garage to the inside of the house. i dont fold laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Neat post. I live in a small split level house. Our laundry room, I should say MY laundry room is downstairs. We have two bedrooms, the family room, and a bathroom down there. I go through the bathroom to get to my laundry room. I just open the bi-fold doors and there it is. It is very small. I have enough room to walk inside, open the doors to the washer or dryer, and put the clothes in. I stand in front of the washer because I have a laundry sorter that holds the dirty clothes in front of the dryer. There are 2 shelves above the washer and dryer for storage. I fold on the couch and watch TV at the same time. Every time I see those beautiful efficent laundry rooms in Country Living or Better Homes and Gardens I get very jealous.

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is in the garage. No basement in South Florida you hit water digging a hole for plants.
    We have reached the point with dh being home unemployed that he flips landry from washer to dryer and hauls it into the guest bedroom and folds and puts away. He feels if I'm out working he should take over my home jobs. I love it.
    Also DD has reached the point (15 yrs. old) that she handles her own landry and surprise surprise she'll come into our room and take our dirty clothes to make a full load!!! I did I taught here to be frugal and kind without trying???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our laundry room is more of a big laundry closet...... It sits right off the kitchen. I hang the clothes on hangers and hang them on the rod above the washing and dryer in the winter, and outside on the line in the summer. I fold as I pull from the line, and carry them in a basket to the house. Like most of you I would love a big laundry room!
    Last edited by Patty A; 02-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is right off the dining room. It is a utility room with a 3/4 bath...so not much room for folding. I use the top of the dryer and washer for folding and do it as soon as they come out of the dryer. Sometimes I use the kitchen table for folding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is in the basement. The kids bring their hampers down from the second floor to the basement. Our bedroom is on the first floor, I take our hamper down to the basement. There's plenty of room to fold laundry down there, but I don't. Everything gets folded in the living room, then the kids take their clothes back up to their room. I'd love a laundry shoot...but I think I'd find a lot more non-laundry stuff in there if I had one. Like GI Joes, Legos, maybe my 7-year-old
    Last edited by YankeeMom; 02-28-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is just off the kitchen. It's small so I fold on the washer and dryer. My bathroom is huge so I have a hanging bar in it and a folding rack. I use these most of the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is on the main floor. It is small and crammed with stuff. We hang our coats in there, feed the dog and cat in there, keep our cleaning supplies and ironing board in there. I have a pole that goes across the room for hangers. I try to hang as much as I can in the basement or outside in the summer. I take my baskets into the living room and fold laundry there. I can't fold in the laundry room because all the dog and cat hair would get on the clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In the basement in its on seperate closed off room so we don't have to listen to the washer and dryer when they are running.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My washer and dryer are right across from my stove....in the kitchen. We live in an old mill house where they just added on where ever.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is on the first floor of a three-story house. I hate it. I am trying to save up the $4,000 it will take to move it up to the second-floor (which is the main living space). I have a bathroom that I don't really use on that floor, so I want to get rid of it and put the washer/dryer up there.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine is just off the kitchen and is also way to small. Doesn't help that it is also the rear entrance/mudroom too. I usually fold on top of the dryer and put away right then.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast