where's your laundry area/room? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is in the hallway in a closet. I fold my clothes at my desk or in my bedroom watching tv.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is right outside the main back door off the 'sorta' patio.... no heat but I am in and out and upstairs to fold everything, lol.

We do plan on remodeling that area and have heat in there, so thank goodness it's starting to warm up outside

On that note, I would LOVE a laundry shoot, DH did tell me he could make me one, might take him up on that offer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is in the basement. I get my exercise toting the basket up the second floor and back down again!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is off a hallway. Sad thing is it's the biggest room in my house. My computer and desk is out here. I fold the laundry on my desk and a table.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Take a look at these laundry rooms, complete with floor plans!

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/arti...570201,00.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is off of my livingroom which is nice sometimes I just fold clothes right from the dryer or If I'm watching tv I put in a basket and bring in the livingroom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is off of the kitchen, but there isn't room for a folding area there, so I fold on the dining room table. Since we eat there for all our meals, I have to then get it put away right after (or at least off the table).

Our previous house had the laundry room on the second floor near the bedrooms. When we first moved in I thought it was strange having lived all my life with the washer and dryer in the basement, however I quickly learned how convenient it was since the only laundry I ever had to take transport to and from the first floor was the kitchen towels. Wow...that was a great set up. Then...I did the folding on my bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is outside the main washroom and bedrooms. It is really nice as the basket always sits atop the washer and dirty clothes and towels get thrown in there. When the basket is full, I do a load. No hampers in any room. Saves on floor space and carrying heavy hampers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is in a small room off of our kitchen. There's also a toilet and a mini sink in there, as well as plenty of storage cabinets.

I generally take our laundry into the living room to fold if I can put it away immediately, but if I don't have time I dump the clothes on our bed to be folded and sorted later.

I'm so glad it's not in the basement, but I'd really love to have it on the second floor - a nice big laundry room and family closet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is upstairs right at the top of the steps and in between mine and the kids' room. It's big and has it's own closet and counters and it's own sink. I fold my laundry right in it and since I'm standing right there sometimes I put the baby in the sink while I work. I like my new laundry room.

In other houses I've lived in- I've had them in the kitchen, in a closet in the hall, in it's own small room at the end of the hall and in the basement. I like this setup best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    My laundry room is upstairs right at the top of the steps and in between mine and the kids' room. It's big and has it's own closet and counters and it's own sink. I fold my laundry right in it and since I'm standing right there sometimes I put the baby in the sink while I work. I like my new laundry room.

In other houses I've lived in- I've had them in the kitchen, in a closet in the hall, in it's own small room at the end of the hall and in the basement. I like this setup best.

Nishu, your picture brought me a smile. Your baby reminded me so much of my son Michael at that age. He had those big, saucer shaped, brown/back eyes too. Some people thought he looked like Desi Arnaz haha! Funny thing is that he is part Cuban from my hubby side. He still looks more Spanish than Italian which we are.

Anyway, we were talking about laundry rooms....Mine has 2 entry ways. I can go in thru the 3rd bathroom, or thru our garage, which is off the kitchen hallway. There's another exit door to the yard where my line is.

I force myself to fold as soon as they're out of the dryer. I'm not crazy about ironing my hubby's button downs so I try to get in there as soon as dryer stops. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it's all the way on the other side of the house. I don't always hear the buzzer, and it's also quite a trip because my house is a long ranch Also it needs a good paint job, including the shelves. It's about 8x 10, so it's an added storage too. That's probably the best thing about it I really need to pretty it up. It's just one of those things that gets pushed to the bottom of "to do" list.

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like you, I wish I had a laundry chute and am jealous of anyone who has one. People come over here and tell me that aren't hard to install but then they don't want to do it for me!

That still doesn't solve the problem of bringing the clothes back upstairs once they're cleaned. I don't have a place to fold so I do it where I can, usually on my bed. I also have learned to hang up almost everything as far as pants and tops and only have to fold a few things then. I often put clothes on hangers straight out of the dryer and leave them hanging in the basement for a little while until I need them. I bought a long skinny pipe to hang from the basement rafters so I can hang up a lot of clothes down there right by the washer and dryer and avoid having to haul them all upstairs at once.
    Last edited by HandyMom; 03-01-2009 at 01:42 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Mine also is in the basement...

there is a laundry chute on the main floor in my son's bathroom and I also have a huge table to fold on in the laundry room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine's in a closet off of my hallway. I fold everything in my living room while watching TV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our old house was 2 stories with the laundry in the basement. My kids were really little then so it was difficult to get laundry done. I asked DH to put in a dumb waiter or laundry chute but then we came up with an even better idea.

He installed the washer & dryer in one of the closets in our bedroom, the pipes conveniently went through the entry closet below on the main floor and into the basement.

Like another poster said, it was so convenient. The only laundry that travelled was the kitchen dish towels.

In our current house we have a fair size laundry room on the main floor but it needs to be redone. The linoleum is curling up and the cupboards that are in there are not a good use of the space. I do have a big sink and DH has hung a rod for hanging clothes on in the winter, there is a door to the outdoor line for hanging clothes in summer.

One of these days, when we have some extra money, we are going to go to Ikea and get a big self-designed cupboard unit with a fold-down ironing board, lots of deep cupboards, a sewing area and folding area as well. Not sure how I'll design that yet but we don't have the money right now anyway so it doesn't matter.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast