where's your laundry area/room? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry area is off the back hall, in the utility area coming in from the garage. I love it!!! It is fairly large with a huge panty/coat closet, overhead cupboards, a large sink with cupboards underneath, and a hanging rod. I can take laundry out through our bedroom back door to the clothes line...only a few steps. The only thing that's odd is ....we have 4 bedrooms upstairs and no laundry shute. Luckily, we have no kids at home....so the rooms are extra space for guests, and my sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is downstairs next to the kitchen. When we finish redoing the kitchen, the laundry will be in the space that's currently the kitchen work area and what's now the laundry room will be my pantry. (I can't wait!)

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is near the garage but we have a pole to hang clothes, out of the dryer and a clothes line in the garage for air drying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room in downstairs in the basement. I live in a two-story house and all of our bedroom are on the top floor. Yep, I get to climb the stairs 2 times when I'm hauling laundry back upstairs. Most of the time I do the folding in my bedroom. A little over a year ago, a rat came out of the washing machine when I opened the lid and my utility room/laundry room isn't a place I want to hang out anymore. I get in and get out because it just creeps me out. LOL!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our split level town house has the 'laundry room' opposite the front door - actually handy to have it out of the home due to the heat that is generated by the dryer (no clothes lines allowed). Our neighbors who have the mirror image unit have moved their washer/dryer at least four times in the past 16 years - don't know if they're happy with the pacement yet!!

Easy enough to fold laundry while watching tv upstairs in LR (masterbedroom upstairs) or downstairs in the familyroom (two more bedrooms).

No complaints on location - just need to add more shelves!!..gonna make my own laundry detergent tomorrow!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is below our apt. w/ the door outside around the back. Folding is either done on the bed or down there if I need some alone time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is between the kitchen and garage. I hang wet clothes in the doorway between the laundry room and kitchen. I do a load just before DH comes home so the wet shirt slapping him in the face as he walks in alerts him to the fact that I've been working hard that day. LOL I have drying racks in the garage just outside the door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katybird View Post
    I have a laundry room off of my kitchen but it is too small for a laundry table so I usually end up either folding them while sitting on the couch or on my bed. I do have a clothes rack in my laundry room so that I can hang the hanging clothing on hangers as soon as they come out of the dryer.
    That's exactly the arrangement I have! After I fold the laundry into stacks for each family member, they have to carry the stacks to their rooms and put the laundry away. LOL it usually makes it to the room, but doesn't get put away the way I'd like!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is in my very small kitchen so we fold clothes on our bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Just a laundry closet five feet linear. Our ranch house has a little atrium that the laundry closet, bathroom, the two bedrooms and the doorway into the living room face into. I just take 3 steps into my bedroom and fold the laundry on the bed.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My washer and dryer are oddly in a bathroom. If you really need to accomplish many things at once you could sit on the toilet and fold laundry. The dryer is right there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate the laundry set up in my apartment. The washer hook up is in a hallway between the kitchen and bathroom because it was easy to set up the plumbing.... but that's on an inside wall. So the dryer hookup is in the corner of the kitchen because that's on an outside wall for the venting. It's really inconvenient since I have to unload the wet clothes and carry them across the kitchen to put them in the dryer. But I'm thankful I have the washer/dryer hookup in the apartment and doing have to haul the dirties to the laundromat to the wash (it was at least $10 a week before we got the washer). I take clothes to the bedroom most of the time to fold (sometimes the living room if I'm in the middle of a tv show).

My DBF has a little better set up. His washer/dryer is on the one end of his kitchen. It's all open, but it isn't that bad having it there. He has a hanging rack on wheels (it does sometimes get in the way though because it's a bit too big for the area, but very convenient so the pros outweigh the cons) to hang clean laundry and the rest is folded on washer/dryer top and all is immediately put away in appropriate place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Are laundry room is on the top floor behind some bi-fold doors. I either fold it right away or fold it in the master closet. Sometimes it doesnt get folded but just taken out of the basket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Sara, I know what you mean about the laundry shoot. I would like one too but I sort of have my own.

My laundry area is downstairs. My house is a 'rancher'..full basement. Just me, so I don't use the downstairs all that much thus my 'laundry shoot' is to just open the door to the stairs and toss the clothes down the stairs. Yep it can be a bit 'hazardous' when I haven't gone down the stairs in a day or two. Have to shovel my way to the basement. Was only embarassed once when the plumber had to be called and wouldn't you know it....he had to go downstairs. Yep, I had to shovel us down the stairs ). Good thing I have known him for a long time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry room is downstairs. It's a great room with lots of cabinets and drawers. It has a 12 foot long counter that's great for folding clothes. I love it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast