where's your laundry area/room? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My laundry area is off of my kitchen in a hallway behind 2 bi-fold doors. I have an empty closet in my spare bedroom where I hang all of my clothes to dry. It works out very well. I usually fold my clothes as I take them off of the hangers in the spare bedroom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine is the same as Darlenes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a laundry room, we have a closet in the hallway between the familly room and bonus room where our washer and dryer are. I wish I had an actual room!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in a mobile home so my laundry "room" is a hallway just outside our bedroom. But the location works great since the covered deck is right there and I have 2 small clothes lines strung up between support beams. I fold them either on the couch, if I'm watching tv, or on our bed. I prefer the bed because it has more room and I have no choice but to put them away if I want to go to bed that night. I tend to leave them on the couch too long when I do them there.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is a closet in the computer/dog room in the center of the house. It use to be a small bedroom. The "laundry room" part of it is in the slideing closet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is off the kitchen also. I have 2 rods to hang clothes either out of the dryer or wet. I also have the pulley system clothes line right at the back door, which is right off the dryer...lol. I fold clothes as i take them off the line or outta the dryer. the kids just take everything and throw it in the baskets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We recently moved out of our house, where the washer was in the basement and the dryer was in our "bonus room", which used to be a porch but is now a room. You have to go out on the back deck to get to it. What a pain THAT was. In our new apartment, the washer and dryer are both in the kitchen and surprisingly, I love it. I am so much better about doing the laundry now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is behind the kitchen area. My sister built her house with bedrooms and laundry room upstairs to save on trips.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

mine is in the garage. I fold and hang stuff right as is comes out of the dryer. That is usually as far as I get with it. Everyone comes and gets thier stuff and puts it away. Eventually I put mine away too.

shubh
    Tourist

It is in the backyard of my house. There we have one shelf also tt has three partition. We use each partitions for dirty and washed clothes while third one is used for storing detergent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine is off the kitchen and is also too small for a folding table.

The house I grew up in the street level was the upper story and we had a laundry shute. It was in the kitchen next to the sink. The clothes landed in a basket in the laundry room, on a shelf over the washer/dryer.

The laundry room had a full freezer in it when I was young. The other features that house had that I wish we had was a full double closet in the laundry (no dumbwaiter), and a real linen closet upstairs in the hallway with pullouts to place sheets, etc. on. (Like large cutting boards.)

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is in the basement right along with me The furnace, hot water heater and deep chest freezer are in there. We too have a rod hanging above the washer/dryer/laundry sink and one over the deep freezer. We installed a shelf over the washer/dryer/sink and mounted a former bookshelf on another wall - these house my stockpile of laundry detergent, dish soap, tissues and a few other cleaning supplies along with my iron which rarely gets used lol.

The only complaint is that my bedroom is right next to it - not the noise b/c laundry isn't done when I'm sleeping - but the twice long walk. To leave my bedroom its a long walk out (door placement) only to do a U turn to walk the same length back to the laundry room lol. But the long hallway is what affords me two dryer racks worth of space!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is a combo mud room/laundry room. It is the ugliest room in my house as it also houses the two litter boxes, extra storage containers that I have no room for (seasonal decor and clothes, bedding) and the very large dog crate that my dog sleeps in at night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine USED to be in the kitchen- and I HATED it! Noisy, never looked nice, always some pile of stuff laying around. We finally built a second bathroom, and the laundry is in there now. LOVE IT!! Shut the door on the noise. Out of sight of anyone visiting - it's the private, master bath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is located in the hallway. I do not like there but what can I do. The house we built when we got married had it in the kitchen and I loved it there. The one we have now has no room for anythingelse as the water heater and the braker box in it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast