where's your laundry area/room? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no laundry room. My stackable washer/dryer is in the hallway behind bifold doors next to the furnace and water heater. I fold clothes in the bedroom usually on the bed. It makes it easy to put them away to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ours is a separate room off the kitchen. At first I hated that it has "Old West" style swinging doors, but now I don't mind because I can keep the view shut off to an extent and my cats can still get in there for their food and litter box. I have a side-by-side washer and dryer and there's counter space there to fold if I want to, but it's a lot more comfortable to me to sit on the couch in the den and fold while I watch TV or listen to music!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a washer and dryer in the basement. The dryer is dead, though. I hang my clothes outside when I can or on a line in the basement if I have to. It works but I never have soft clothes like from the dryer. Any ideas how to have line dried clothes soft? I do shake them out before I hang them to get rid of some of the wrinkles. I use liquid fabric softener, too. I'm hoping to get a new dryer if the old one can't be repaired.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is in the basement. We have a laundry chute. When we first moved in, we loved it. We always used the chute. Shortly after we moved in DH set up his drums in the basement. He had to show me the 'perfect' spot he set up the drums. As I looked at the set up drums, I noticed it was right below the laundry chute. I had to laugh at that. We still used the chute for awhile (occasionally taking pieces of laundry off the drum set). Once DD was a toddler and putting her 'soiled' clothes down the chute (and on DH's drum set),.. well.. DH put a stop on the chute. Now I just haul the dirty clothes downstairs the old fashioned way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Countertops

In March my DH and I went refrigerator shopping but came home with the refrigerator and a pair of fron loading washer and dryer. The only place in this house to put them in the washer by the back door in the kitchen and the dryer on the other side of the kitchen by the tiny bedroom. Right now the dryer has the micowave on top with some extra baking dished that wont fit inside the cabnet. The washer will get a marble/ granet or a cheap piece of kitchen counter top places on the top of the washer to add a little bit bigger countertop then the rest of the kitchen does.( it will actully be the biggest countertop in the kitchen). At least will will serve a double duty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel for you carrying the laundry up and down. My sister's family built a couple of houses over the years with upstairs bedrooms, but they put the laundry upstairs on the last one and she's never regretted it.

Ours is behind the kitchen, at the opposite end of the house from the bedrooms/bathrooms. I fold clothes on the kitchen table mostly, but sometimes do the pants and towels right as they come out of the dryer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456