Airing and Sharing our Dirty Laundry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Airing and Sharing our Dirty Laundry

Laundry is a hot topic in home organization, no matter who you are. A problem for me, as I stated in my original bathroom post, is where the laundry goes as soon as you take it off your body. Our clothes wind up in strange places in this bedroom.

So, I was wondering...where is your dirty laundry? Do you have a laundry basket? Hamper? Where is it located? In your room? Bathroom? Hall? Do you separate it as you take it off? In the laundry room?

I am hoping to find some inspiration and ideas in your posts. This will get us thinking more about our clothes, because on Monday, my friends...we attack our dressers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our clothes go into a large wicker basket kept next to the washer, in the bathroom. I seperate as I do the laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a laundry organizer with different sections. When anyone takes something off, they take it to the laundry room where it is easily sorted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a hamper in my bedroom where dh and I put our dirty clothes...the kids have a habit of throwing theres on the floor, I pick that up and take it to the laundry room where I sort it into one of those laundry organizer with the 3 sections in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My washer and dryer are in the garage.. So right now it is in a pile on the floor(we don't park the car in it)... We have a laundry basket in our room for my clothes, and a hamper for DH.. The kids take their clothes off everywhere.. There is always a pile in the bathroom as well... I started having oldest DD, and youngest DS sort laundry when it migrates to the garage.. I have blue baskets for the darks and white baskets for the whites..(who would have thought of that???LOL) If they are unsure it just sits on the dryer until I can see it. I have having my laundry in the garage.. Right now it is TOO COLD for me to even want to be out there.. And in the summer it gets way too hot...Any way now you know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hamper in the master closet, hamper in ds's closet, laundry basket in the foyer closet (huge closet that we use mainly for dh's work uniforms and the dirty uniforms go into the basket). I separate into loads as I do laundry.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hampers in the bedrooms and kitchen (kitchen is downstairs, bedrooms and laundry are upstairs, so the kitchen hamper catches dish towels, guest bathroom towels, and stray socks).

The hampers get sorted into a 3-section sorter thing in the laundry room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Laundry is a real problem over here. The bedroom is upstairs and the laundryroom is two flights of stairs down from the bedroom.

There's a hamper in our bedroom, but I can't tell you how often Gabe's socks are in the familyroom or a shirt tossed in the corner of the hall outside the bathroom. I often wonder if I put a plant there, where he'd put the shirt. lol

In a perfect world, I'd have a laundry chute or a first floor laundry room. I can dream.

I was glad you said it was time to tackle the dressers. I was scared you were going to say it was time to tackle the laundry room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Laundry basket in the laundry room!

Julia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a hamper in our closet and DD has one in hers. I sort when I wash. Even though there are only three of us, I have to really keep on top of it, because I don't have a dryer. If I let the wash pile up and then do it all in a day, I have laundry hanging everywhere to get dry! So I sort, wash, dry and iron a load a day. It's not so bad in summer, because I can hang the washing outside, but there's no chance in winter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We each have a laundry basket in our closet however, dd's clothes tend to be all over her room and bathroom. It's a constant argument here. I do make her pick them up and put them in the basket and bring them to me before I will wash them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In my room, we had a laundry basket in the corner (sort of) of the bedroom. However, as I stated in my original bedroom post, dh could never quite get his clothes there. I'm a culprit in terms of leaving my sleeping clothes in the bathroom on the floor. I take them off in there before getting in the shower, and by the time I get out, I've forgotten about them.

Yesterday, while thinking about all of this laundry stuff, I looked at our closet, because I want to get the dirty laundry out of sight. However, there is only floor space on one side of the closet because of the closet organizing system that the people before us left behind. I had a shoe rack there. Yet, in looking at it more carefully, I realized that I didn't really use the shoe rack the way it should be used, so I took out the shoe rack and put it in the garage sale box that we've set aside and put the laundry basket in the bottom of the closet. I like having it out of sight.

The problem? I apparently had finally trained dh to put his dirty closet in the basket in the corner because now that the basket isn't there, he's still throwing his clothes in the corner even thought there's no basket there!

The kids laundry: Julia's dirty stuff goes in her closet in a laundry basket and Patrick's goes in a laundry basket that is underneath his changing table.

Like Sara, though, my laundry room is 3 flights of stairs beneath the bedrooms. That is a nasty trek each day, which is why I do laundry on the weekends only.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have one of those 3 section thingies in the bathroom and manage to correctly place most of our clothes. Ds#1 has a basket in his room and he is responsible to empty it into the 3 section thingy if he wants clean clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a hamper in the bedroom (in the corner) no room for it in the closet. I sort as I do laundry. Fortunately, I've trained Mike that laundry goes into the hamper or else it will not get done

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

each kid has a dirty laundry basket that they put their dirties in. there is also a dirty laundry basket on the floor in the laundry room that DH and I use. then in the shelves in my laundry room si the master bedroom laundry basket for cleans, and on the dryer one for the kids (they share a basket) for their cleans. I recently bought a new basket that baby will share for his cleans as well as the laundry that has to go to the kids bathroom (towels, etc). Baby also has a dirty laundry basket. Course it isn't in use yet, but it will be soon! I sort as I wash. There's also a diaper pail in the laundry room, but that's kind of self explanitory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast