really good smelling laundry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make my own, but I do admit I love those freebie samples in the mail (I mix them in with my homemade and they make the entire batch smell good)

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I could find a brand that just smelled like good old fashioned soap and water, like that perfume pure grace. That's some good stuff. You feel like you just stepped out of the bath all day long when you wear it. I'd love a laundry soap scented like pure grace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by became4347 View Post
    SUAVITEL !!!

OMG it is the bomb! The liquid (blue container) is the best, but the dryer sheets (blue package) are pretty good, too.

The problem is that it is hard to find! Our Walmart can NOT keep it in stock. I can sometimes find the sheets in Family Dollar.

Just remember it is the original scent in a blue container/packaging (Field Flower aka Fresca Primavera). I think they have a floral one, too. I don't like that one as much.

These are marketed toward the hispanic market. That might be why they are hard to find. But it is AWESOME!
    My Walgreens always carries it. When there's a sale it's usually BOGO, and I stock up. Got some about 3 weeks ago, so it should be coming up again in the next 3-5 weeks. I like both the blue and the yellow. I always stick to the liquids. I think they work better for me than the sheets.

Right now I'm using Gain liquid detergent. It was on sale for $5, and I had a $1 coupon. I got the lavendar scent, but I think I prefer the regular. It makes my sheets and towels smell great when I hang them out side. I also think the powder has a stronger scent. I got another coupon, so I'm gonna get the regular scent this time

Theresa

Oh, I forgot to mention that some ladies have mentioned using essential oils mixed with vinegar or water for the rinse cycle. That might be nice. I would love to try a lavendar scent. It's so relaxing to me, and hubby can tolerate that, or vanilla w/o it bothering his asthma.
    Last edited by mamamia; 02-28-2009 at 03:58 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find that I get used to a certain scent of laundry detergent if I use it for too long. I alternate between tide, gain, cheer, and wisk. This way, I always think my laundry smells terrific, because I haven't gotten too used to the scent. All of them, IMO, clean great. For liquid fabric softener, I typically use whatever-- downy, snuggle, etc etc. I have not tried suavitel, though, I will have to!

I line dry all our clothes because I am far too cheap to use the dryer!

I use all free & clear for the baby's laundry b/c she has sensitive skin, though, and can't handle anything else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make my own laundry detergent as well with the fels naptha bar soap...borax and washing soda....I think it smells clean and fresh..but you can buy essential oils in any scent you want to scent the detergent, as strong or as little as you want! Same with vinegar and essential oils for fabric softener...way less expensive than the premade detergents and fabric softeners.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make the same laundry detergent as hotprincesscm and I love the smell of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lightbulb One word: CLOTHESLINE

I hang my clothes out on the line. No matter what kind of soap or softener i use, they smell like the outside. its intoxicating. i am sure that if you used really good stuff and hung your clothes out, it would be even better!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For us, hanging in the fresh air is the best.

I've known people that hang out their laundry to dry and leave it on the line for DAYS and then complain about the smell. Um, no.

Leave it out in the sun and air ONLY until dry and bring it back in the house. It will actually make you whole home (depending on how big of home you have) smell good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make my own softener, too. Always messing around for good scents because I love the smells.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gain rocks my world!!! I totally love the stuff. I use the liquid detergent, liquid fabric softener and the dryer sheets. Our entire house smells great when we do laundry. Once we open the dryer after each load, the smell fills the house and I love it.

Not to mention, we are always being complimented on how good our clothing, blankets, sheets, etc...smell. A couple of teenage girls in DS's class love to borrow his jacket because they say they like the way it smells.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I make my own laundry detergent and use vinegar for fabric softener. Occasionally I'll boost it with a little OxyClean. Always smells very nice and clean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love Lush's Karma scent and wish that I could get that in a laundry detergent...it's very hippy with sandalwood and patchouli...yum! I could just wallow in that smell!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use Gain detergent and Gain fabric softener...but will use other detergents if I have a coupon and it's on sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make my own laundry detergent and use vinegar in the rinse.
    Then hang them out to dry.
    I love to sleep on sheets that are line dried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123