Article: Making Garden Scented Greeting Cards
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Article: Making Garden Scented Greeting Cards

One of my hobbies is turning photographs of flowers and garden plants into scented greeting cards and notelets.

I usually take several pictures of the flowers I want to feature on my cards and pick the ones with the sharpest image.

The best time to take photos is early in the morning for a dewy look to a flower photo or early evening when the colours of the flowers tends to look more vivid.

Take the photograph against a dark background if possible to bring out the image of the flower. A light background can look "wishy washy".

I use Microsoft Publisher for my card creation and scan the photo in. Print out using a good quality glossy card
    paper.

To scent the cards I use Pure Essential oils to match the fragrance of the flower or plant featured on the card.

For example:

Rose essential oil for photographs of roses Lavender for photographs of lavender Lemon for photographs of lemon trees

and so on...

To scent your greeting card/s, simply place 2 drops of the appropriate essential oil (or blend of oils) onto a piece of blotting paper or cottonwool balls, then place in a plastic bag with the card that you want to fragrance. Seal and leave for 48 hours. When you remove the card it will be delicately fragranced.

You can also use the same photos to make a range of bookmarks, writing paper, invitations, place cards etc

You can give your cards away as gifts or start a part-time scented greeting card business.

In New Zealand I sell these cards on average for $10.00 for a pack of five plus $2.00 postage and packaging.

To sell your cards advertise in gardening magazines or see if your local garden centre will sell them on your behalf.

----------------

Copyright (c) 2003 J Black. This free article is supplied courtesy of http://www.netwrite-publish.com. To receive more tips like this subscribe to "simply home life" at: [email protected]
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love this idea! These would be great to send to my ChemoAngel patients!

You could do other pictures/scents, too... how about a picture of a steaming tea mug with some cinnamon scent?

Thanks, Sara!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great ideas ! I like the idea about the cinnamon tea also Amy !!!!!!! Thanks Ladies !

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh what a lovely idea - I'd never thought of anything scented like this before - It sounds soooo nice!

Do you know how long the scent lasts?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great idea