Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-01-2003, 09:16 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Article: Five Tips for Healthier Houseplants
Recently I noticed that some of my houseplants needed a lift. They were looking dusty and just plain unhealthy.
So I took some time and gave each of them a lift. They look better already. Here I'll give you five tips for healthier houseplants.
1. If your plants have dusty leaves, give them a shower. I'm lucky enough to have a sprayer on my kitchen sink to do this with ease. If you don't have a sprayer, give them a shower in the bathroom. Doing this will automatically improve the health of the plant and make it look a lot better.
2. Cut off any dead or diseased foliage. You will be amazed at the difference this makes.
3. If you see roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the container, it's time to re-pot it. Simply pot the plant in the next size up container filling in the gaps with a good potting soil.
4. One of the best tips I have ever learned about houseplants is about watering. It is very simple and following it makes sure you don't over- or under- water. To check if your plant needs watering, simply poke your finger into the top inch or so of potting soil. If you feel moisture, don't water. If you don't feel any moisture, water.
5. Fertilize with a diluted fertilizer at each watering. Use about 1/4 the amount of fertilizer that the directions call for. This will ensure that you are fertilizing enough.
Follow these five tips and you'll be amazed at how healthy and vibrant your plants will look.
©, 2001, Monica Resinger
Monica Resinger is the Editor of Creative Gardening e-zine - the FREE e-zine that readers create by asking and answering gardening questions, sending in gardening tips and participating in a fun seed swap! On top of all this, there's an inspiring and informative gardening article included in each issue! To join, send a blank e-mail to:
Creative [email protected]
Or visit the website at:
By simplycuteflowers in forum Health and beautyReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2007, 02:16 AM
By baxjul in forum Just TipsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
By baxjul in forum Green LivingReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2006, 06:05 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Home and FamilyReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:09 PM
By Sara Noel in forum Leisure ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2003, 03:06 PM