Update Your Blog Challenge - 2011
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Update Your Blog Challenge - 2011

This challenge went over fairly well last year, I thought perhaps I'd revive it for 2011.

Generally, it's about keeping our blogs current and active with new posts.

So far, in 2011, I've done alright. I have to admit that it's harder when I'm at work, to stay on top of this, but I'm trying!

I did update yesterday and again today, so I'm feeling good about that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Thanks for bringing back this challenge, Amy. I wasn't sure if there was enough interest to do it again but I'm hopeful now that there is.
    I actually did my first 2011 session of blogging last night. I wrote and published 1 post and scheduled 3 more.
    My goals for the year are:
    -style makeover
    -adding categories
    -48 posts and 12 tutorials
    I was pretty happy with my end of the year assessment from Wordpress. They said my blog was "Fresh". I gained a few subscribers and am averaging 20 more hits a day now then this time last year.
    My blog isn't fancy or wordy and I don't want it to be. I just want it to be a simple, but attractive idea board for others. I hope my posts springboard the creativity of others. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When I was active here last year, I was updating weekly on the "Week on the Ranch" blog and hope to continue to do the same.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh, I am in... I've been blogging a lot more this year ... so far. I want to keep it going because I find myself feeling so much better being able to express myself... even if only TO myself

My Blog

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for starting this AmyBoz. I wondered if it would be run again this year. I've changed my blog quite a bit this year.

~ I switched the style/banner, etc.
    ~ I added a new profile pic of me.
    ~ I am posting every day
    ~ I have blog posts written up a week in advance
    ~ I figured out how to get photos resized and uploaded from my new computer.
    ~ I've been checking out my stats.

As for the latter, it's been discouraging. I have 12% of visitors who return. And it doesn't look like they return for long. Obviously I need to do something to fix my blog. Readership went way down last year when I switched to blogging once a week. So I'll try to blog something every day. We'll see.

I'm going to reread "Blogging for Bliss" and see what I can do. I have some money to play around with, so I may just buy my own domain name and go more commercial with things. I'd like to get into selling e-books, but I'm nervous. I have a couple of things to read first. And then check out if I can afford to do it.

For now, could you ladies check out my blog and give me an honest opinion? What are it's strengths and where could I go from here?

Or alternatively, what do you look for in a blog?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

P.S. I just checked out everyone's blogs. They look pretty good. Interesting reading gals!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been keeping it up this week and feeling good about it! Just realized that I ran a contest and forgot to post the winner! Gotta go do that!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't see this one last year but will try updating at least once a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Well Jean, you want honest, *I think* your blog is a bit wordy and a *smidge* rambling. I love your topics and pictures so I think the content is great. The site is visually pleasing too. Maybe you could try to be a bit more concise?
    I think people don't have a lot of time to read blogs so you have to grab their attention and then give them your message before they lose interest.
    Your blog reads a bit like a magazine. Blogs in general are more like news articles, with personal style of course. Of course if you've looked at mine you'd see why *I* like things short. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah, nuisance, I did ask. And I think you're right. I tend to be wordy IRL too. OK I'll see what I can do. I try to pack everything onto my blog. Maybe it's time to be concise and just post the highlights.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

How's everyone doing? I have good moments and bad on the blog. I've tried some different things. I found out StatCounter wasn't counting what I wanted. I decided to not worry about it. Instead I just get the RSS feed for my own blog so I can see how many subscribers I have. Not many! But it's a start.

I find different topics tend to shake things up a bit. For example, this week I'm posting a lot about a studio journal course I'm taking and hits have gone up, as have subscribers. Interesting.

I also took down my 20 Wishes weekly review, and lost readers. So I brought it back.

Funny what people like.

Some people have commented they like the scattered approach on my blog. Others have said they find it too unfocused. I don't know. It just seems to cover whatever is interesting me at that time in my life. I figure that's what tags are for...go and select the topic you want to view.

Overall the new graphic style of my blog is working well. Everyone seems to like it. My new profile pic is much better than before. I don't think I had one!

I've been more conscientious about adding photos to my posts, which helps. And I've tried to cut the post sizes down...for the most part.

I find writing the posts a week in advance gives me time to edit and knock them down to size. Writing right on the blog is a recipe for a rambling post.

So I'm doing okay so far I think. Not sure what to do next. I think I'll try brushing up on my photography skills.

So how is everyone else doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been a bit spotty since bringing home baby, but think I'm back on track! St. Patty's day stories today!

Everyone else???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A new baby! Oooohh....I'm not surprised you were 'a bit spotty'.

I've been doing okay. I'm managing to post every day. This week I finally ran out of blog posts and things to blog about. I'm really busy with real life right now. I'll have to see what I can conjure up for weekend posts. I like to have my posts written a week in advance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, we haven't updated this thread since March! I'm hopeful that doesn't mean that you all haven't been updating your blogs!!!

Mine has been updated every day this week. Before school got out, I was having a tougher time doing it every day, but I was still on it at least once a week. Still, as I said, every day for a week, now. Summer is always easier.

How about all of you, fellow bloggers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been updating the blog but not the once a week I had planned on. I will aim for improvement.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast