2012 Craft & Hobby Supplies Use It Up Challenge - Page 27
Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Never thought to keep track of what I am completing - shall do so for 2012. I found one medium size ball of the palest pink - strange yarn, but it works great for the gnomes and will get rid of some more of my DMIL's yarn staff - then I'll use the tan/beige yarn.

Made my first gnome last night - following directions, but perhaps it was just my interpretation of them because the gnome turned out being 50% larger than expected. So this morning I created some more using only the row count and they have turned out just fine.

Making Valentine's Day Presents with stash on hand!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spend way too much time online and I'm going to try and get back to not being online except in the evenings. I've been playing Zuma's Revenge on the computer though and it's habit-forming! Something else I plan to change come Tuesday.

A lot of projects I did are either small projects or stuff that was partially done, so it went fast. I expect things to slow down this month. I'm also not doing anything complex, just utility stuff so it doesn't matter if it's not as pretty as things that take more time.

Actually I did 52 stash items in December. I also shortened a tablecloth so it's usable now. Forgot about that.

I worked on the lapghan some more and it looks like I should have enough yarn. Yea! Now if I could just figure out what colors I can make work for my mom's. I really don't want to buy more yarn, even from GW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My one and only gnome is about 5.5 inches. I might make a bigger one sometime for a doorstop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My second quilt top has all the blocks sewn. Now to put them together. They are hanging tantalizingly on my design wall right now. Maybe after church today I'll sew them together...and then all I'll need is the borders and I'll be finished that quilt top too.

Love just sewing the tops. Drives DH batty though. But I love it. And it's getting rid of fabric. Though I seem to have a lot of scraps left over. I refuse to pay $25/m. for quilt batting. I think I'll wait till later this year and a trip to the US with a friend for that.

How much do you gals in the U.S. pay for a yard of 90" wide 100% cotton Warm and Natural?

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I spend way too much time online and I'm going to try and get back to not being online except in the evenings. I've been playing Zuma's Revenge on the computer though and it's habit-forming! Something else I plan to change come Tuesday.
    Some girlfriends of mine set Internet timers. I think that is a fairly solid idea.

I spent NYE knitting at Perkins until about 1:30 a.m.

I made the Marian and used up my single remaining skein of Rowan Big Wool. It is glorious and squishy and soft. And it knit up super quick. And I used a skein of yarn from my stash!
    Ravelry: Marian pattern by Jane Richmond

I also got started on the Luxe Cowl with two skeins of Rowan Drift. It is easy and quick. Once blocked it is supposed to be super pretty.
    Ravelry: Luxe Cowl pattern by Margaux Hufnagel

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The game I'm playing isn't online. I try to avoid downloading games because they tend to mess up my laptop big time, and I don't put games on my desktop at all because when I'm out there I'm supposed to be working. But a timer is a good idea.

Peanut, I'm not sure about pricing but if you check out Home : Shop | Joann.com and www.hancockfabrics.com you could get some idea. I would also see what you could scavenge up at a thrift store. I bought a blanket the other day that is a double layer of some incredibly soft fleecy stuff. We'll be using it for a blanket, but it would make great batting. Or you might find actual batting! You never know.

Here's a link at Hancock for the batting you mentioned: http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Warm--...VVviewprod.htm

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry I wasn't very clear- They set an egg timer or an oven timer to keep their Internet from being a total time suck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. Ready to go in the bright shiny new year. Last night I finished preparing the projects I had planned - a ton of them. Well, 20, which is more than I can possibly finish this year, but it feels good to have then ready.

Today's task is to deal with the aftermath. I stopped being neat and putting away unused skeins as I went several days ago, and both my living room and bedroom look like an explosion in the Walmart yarn aisle. So today:

Make a list of all the colors used in all the projects
    Get those separated into containers just for project yarn
    Inventory how much I have of all those colors
    Put inventory and project info into my crochet project book

That should keep me busy a while!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do set time limits on myself for gaming. Sometimes they even work! There are internet timers that will shut the game down. Not sure they work with all games. Maybe it's just online games.

You're doing great, D. I have to do some organizing too, but I have project bags with Snuggles, gnomes, caps, and now a lapghan. Those will keep me busy a while, although I think I'm going to give up the caps altogether. And my husband found the x-stitch hummingbird project for me to work on, too. It should be a very crafty year for me!

I cut out four window quilts for my office yesterday. I've decided I'm going to take the scraps from the drapes and make two half-quilts for our bedroom windows. They're at the head of our bed and it would be nice to have something to keep some of the cold away. Putting quilts on the bottom halves should help a lot. And use up more stuff!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks SD. I checked Joanne's and they have a sale on an entire bolt right now. I could get it for $7US/metre! Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Seven dollars is 1/4 the price we pay up here.

MrsMD: thanks for the timer idea. I think I'm going to implement that here. Sometimes I spend so much time online I don't get much crafting done. Right now I've been up since 6 AM and busy quilting...after an hour or two online.

At any rate, I have taken a break and finished piecing the quilt top. Now I'm taking another break to wait for the sun to come up and I'll go back up to pick all the threads off and get a nice picture for this thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, this relates to something I made last year, but I thought I would share it with all of you. I made the attached wall hanging for a friend of mine. I just got an email from the website where I bought the designs and they are going to feature my wall hanging on their site in the Stitcher's Showcase section on January 17th! I'm so excited!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love that wallhanging tervs!!! It is just so adorable! Congrats for being featured on the Stitchers Showcase!

Love that Luxe cowl McD...will have to search the stash to hopefully find something suitable!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, is that cute, Tervs! Congrats!

I knocked out the first UFO for the year by using screws we had on hand and some trim strips to finish off the access panel under the breaker box. Now it will be easy to get in there when we need to run the wiring for the microwave circuit. I can't wait till we can run the micro and countertop oven at the same time. There are soooo many times we'd like to be able to do that, and so many times we forget we can't and throw a breaker. No harm done of course. It's just a major annoyance. The wiring will have to wait till it's warm outside so we don't crack siding removing it to get at stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just did a head count of what I have made since the end of November. So roughly the last 5 weeks. I have made 3 double reversable hats, sold 2. And 25 regular hats of which I have sold 3.
    The ones I sold were orders I did to customer specs.
    I also did 3 double thickness doggie blankets. Two our pets got but the 3rd has the pattern and I still up in the air about it. I still have to finish seam on the last side so I can take a pic of it.
    Most of my work is knitting. 3 of the 28 hats were crocheted.
    I do start a lot of my hats on the machine, but 2/3 of the time in each hat is handwork with 2 needless. Seam is sewn by hand.
    I don't have all these hats completely finished but I am calling them done to give me a once a month head count. Goal is to have a decent number of hats in inventory of a lot of colors, so that I can do some craft shows later this year.
    Plan was to start a few more today, but I think I will work on finishing up the last few I started.
    I am going to start a notebook, so I can track my inventory.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tervs: great looking wallhanging! Wish my machine quilting looked as nice as yours does up close.

Ladytoysdream: Thanks for the idea. I think I'll keep a list too. To motivate me to finish things!

I finished the quilt top I was working on. This one is called Building Blocks.

I think I'll take the rest of today to clean up my sewing room and rug hook. My sewing room kind of looks like a whirlwind hit it.