2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 10
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea, I got the pot rack shelf modified! I used up two boards from the lumber stash and three mending plates, plus some sealer and screws on hand. Now my Corningware has a good place to live, where I can get at it easily and where it won't get broken and chipped, like where it was before. And no I don't care that it doesn't all match!

I will have to sort the baking stuff that was on that shelf and also cut the plexiglas 'liner' I'll be putting on the pull-out where the Corningware was, where the baking stuff will now be.

Before picture.

After picture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer, thanks for the info. I've actually lost at Nanowrimo 5 years running. Turns out I'm really bad at getting started. This year I had a great plot idea, worked the kinks out for two days before the start of the month, and then couldn't type a single word come November 1st. All month I tried, but no dice. I think by the end I had gotten to maybe 1000 words.

I'm going to try to write my novel without the deadline and see what happens, but if I haven't finished that wish by November, you can be sure I will be trying Nano again. Maybe the sixth time is the charm?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished the canola rug...I think...the hooking part that is...as long as I don't decide to rip anything out! Still need to bind the edge and such, but that won't take long. I'm trying a new technique for that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cedar, I'll let you in on a secret: All novelists have a hard time getting started. All you can do is bull your way through it with the realization that you may have to toss the beginning on edit, when you realize your story really starts later on in the story. Just remember, you can't edit a blank page.

I know someone who knows a well-known writer, and the writer often tells her "I've written my three pages for today, so I get to live." Just keep working a little at a time and you'll get there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As I head into writing e-books this year, thanks for the timely discussion ladies.

Today I get to watch some teaching. I go to an English Corner every Thursday evening where people take turns teaching ESL students English. Tonight one of the real good teachers will be teaching. I'll be taking mental notes on how he does it...and writing it down when I get home.

There are two really good teachers in this group of teachers. Both are trained professionals. I am very excited to see them in action. These are not your run of the mill school teachers. These two have something extra that is special. I want it! So I'm going to learn by watching them...I hope. And asking them questions as I go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to start installing the shelf over the sink but I don't want to. I'm hoping for some really good excuses not to, but we'll see. It would be nice to get it done though. I have three pans and three strainers that need to hang from it and a tiny collection of cobalt glass to sit on it, and it's all cluttering up the kitchen at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - more sewing done today and cutting of all batting done.
    4. Read 12 books this year....one per month.
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - between last night and this morning, I have casted on two more cowls to use up some of the yarn
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk/run and 110 squats this morning
    9. Lose 12 pounds - down 2.4 pounds
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - read readings last night for yesterday
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did well today, just need to make my quota on water intake
    13. Quit smoking. - day 12!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - played the vocabulary game on freerice.com and clicked 'donate' buttons on Greater Good.com. These are opportunities to direct other people's money different places. They require no cash outlay by me. I'll help them decide how to spend their money!

2. Make something for sale each week. - still working on the apron and the rug.

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - devotions today.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - down today again.

9. Eat healthy - leftover day today. I did well. I baked a special muffin I can eat to take with me to a meeting tonight.

10. Exercise 5x/week - Been out 3 times since Sunday.

11. Do affirmations daily. - yes.

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - I am doing okay with this. Should balance come the 15th.

14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Reading "Pictorial Hooked Rugs".

15. Build a network of creative people. - Hanging out online with other rug hookers. Looking for some to hook up with while I'm in Vancouver this coming week.

16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - Watching an excellent teacher in action tonight.

18. Write e-book. - I've been loading files off floppies (yes, I still have them!) onto my desktop computer. I am going to put them on my laptop to take with me next week.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1) Read the bible in a year ((Doing well here.))

3)Walk 10,000 steps per day ((Here are my stats so far with this goal:
    Jan 1: 4491
    Jan 2: 8714
    Jan 3: 17960
    Jan 4: 11098
    Jan 5: 10390
    Jan 6: 10200
    Jan 7: 20009
    Jan 8: 14936
    Jan 9: 8896
    Jan 10: 9667
    Jan 11: 9466
    Jan 12: 8820
    That’s with no real effort at adding steps or anything. Hopefully now that I’m concentrating on it, I can consistently reach 10000.))

5) Finished detailed notes for at least 1 textbook ((Changing this one to One new craft/skill per month. Tried to do this yesterday. Figured out that taking notes on material I’ve already studied is really boring. I don’t want any boring goals here, I want goals I can be excited about. This month’s craft is making bean bags. I've also decided that if worse comes to worse, my monthly sewing project can count for this if needed. But the intention here is to try new crafts, such as drawing, canning, new cooking technique, knitting, etc.))

8)Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((This is going well. ))

9)Plant a small vegetable garden ((My supplies arrived! I have Monday off, so I’m planning on setting everything up on Monday!))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - worked about another hour on this today
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - too cold lately to work on this since I have to sort and pack in an unheated building
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - started another project today...a knitted headband....now that's 4 UFO's going!
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - completed readings last night before bed
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - slipped up a big today....dug into a bag of potato chips while feeling a bit down...tomorrow is a new day
    13. Quit smoking. - Day 13 of no smoking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Get my white bedroom furniture from my childhood room brought to my house. No progress here. I did buy a mattress set to stage the front bedroom for when we list next month. Already have bedding.

4. Update my work and personal wardrobe with quality key pieces. Focusing on classic items in solids that can work for both career and downtime. Bought a red turtleneck, a black turtleneck, and a khaki jacket that will meet these requirements.

18. Stay current on my work-related paperwork and documentation. Doing much better this week with paperwork, but fell a bit behind Friday because I allotted time to a new project my boss gave me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made the black bean soup and it is great! Didn't add carrots or honey and simmered for only 20 minutes. I will make us a grilled chicken breast to go with it for dinner. I do believe this also counts towards my goal of eating healthier. Now to decide on February's recipe. Maybe something special for Valentine's day?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We installed the shelf over the sink today, finally.

So that's another item off the list!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was able to get to Fabricland's Ultimate Sale today to buy some notions to finish projects...like the 4 cornered apron. Also picked up some fabric to sew into items for sale.

My exercise was good yesterday...two 15 minute walks and some errands. Also today I spent 2 hours on my feet at the fabric store, and some time doing other errands.

Diet is pretty good. I'm staying on the gluten-free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free part. There are other foods I'm supposed to cut out but don't know how. I have to go make up a menu plan for the elimination diet I'm supposed to start this week. And a grocery list of items to buy to eat.

Made my first charitable donation of 2012 from my own allowance. I figure if it's my money I can do what I want, as long as I've got my bases covered for everything else.

Still losing weight.

Still doing affirmations.

Managed devotions both yesterday and today.

Binding the canola field rug. It will be finished soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2- make AND mail Christmas cards bought some Christmas ribbon on clearance to use on the cards
    7- learn to make 3 things from scratch that normally buy prepared have a recipe for dry Italian dressing mix, think this will be the first I try
    8- purge clothes from dresser did one more drawer, that's 3 total now
    14- purge cooking magazines gave dd 3, it's a start
    16- tame kitchen freezer I have a list of items I want to use up this month, I've crossed 4 items off of that list
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day