TWENTY WISHES AS OF January 3, 2012 posted on FV
1.Declutter the house January: sort through one box in the storage room and deal with the contents.
4.Study the Bible DH and I have 5-part Bible study that we are going to go through together. Finally started this Friday morning
13. Study history
I am studying Medieval History through a free online course from Sam Houston St U. IN January I should cover (1) The Transformation of the Ancient World, (2) The Migration of Peoples, 93) The Formation of Western Christendom, (4)The Frankish Kingdom and the Carolingian Empire. I plan to do the required reading and answer the essay questions
18. organize my wardrobe I was given some really nice clothes last week. I need to try them all on and figure out what I need/want to keep.
I started a credit course in creative writing in December. It will end February 3. I'm having fun with it. it's all online. I finished Lesson 7 last night and I'm working on Lesson 8. Now on lesson 10
01-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Yesterday was a fairly productive day, though not in respect to the 20 wishes. My spring classes have started up, so I devoted all of yesterday to doing as many assignments as I could. Out of the 3 classes, two are now done through the start of February. I'm hoping to catch up on the third one today. I also watched some movies and fiddled around online.
Today I'm going to finish the one class assignments through Feb. I'm then setting up my new sewing machine, and taking stock of what is in my fabric drawer. I've decided that I will be making bean bags as my craft this month, and I should use up plenty of fabric as I have to make 45 of them!
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM
What are the bean bags for, and what are you putting in them?
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - daily devotions today. Also listening to R.C. Sproul. Never heard of him before I encountered this one woman at church. I'm listening to see what I think. The cassette series I'm listening to is called "Chosen By God". It's on predestination and the different views of it.
8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - 1.6 lbs. from last Sunday. That's a total of five pounds lost since Jan. 1st.
9. Eat healthy - cheated last night on the diet. But today I'm back on track.
10. Exercise 5x/week - fit in my exercise today.
11. Do affirmations daily. - done for today.
19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - binding my canola field rug.
20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - had a chat with someone better at photography than me and got a few pointers. Will try to redo a couple of photos at least.
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - all squares have been sewn with the batting...started to assemble the quilt today, deciding on which square goes where....this is a bigger job than I first thought!
4. Read 12 books this year....one per month. - finished Building a Better Vocabulary last night8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk/run this morning and 100 squats
9. Lose 12 pounds - still down 2.8 pounds....weigh in is tomorrow morning
10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - finished my readings last night before bed for yesterday. Attended mass today.
12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did well today
13. Quit smoking.- day 15 of no smoking
18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - didn't do well last week...determined this week will be better
01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
7.Get all the family heirlooms labeled and stored safely
Get the heirlooms out of storage. Have Mom ID them and tell me everything she knows about each item. Write it down and label each item. Repack and store in a safe place. We did one box full, 18 items, and started a second box.
01-15-2012, 09:14 PM
That's a difficult, time-consuming job.
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes, it is but the stories are interesting!
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
2. Organize closets through decluttering/donating and use of storage/organization materials. I looked at Dollar Tree's baskets and bins today for my bathroom cabinet shelves and plan to buy some in cute colors (to match my window valances) after I've decluttered. No sense storing things I don't need.
3. Save $17-20k. Transferred a little more to savings.
12. Finish all incomplete craft projects with minimal purchase of new supplies. We've had some nicer days where spray painting would be possible, so I bought 1 can of spray primer for the wooden basket project and 1 can of moss green spray paint for the wooden shelf. The next nice day I have, I can hopefully take these 2 off the list and move on to a couple more.
01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Spirit Deer, I'm a preschool teacher. The bean bags are for my students. I have 15 three year olds. The bean bags will be part of their end of the year/welcome to summer gift. I plan on sewing a simple fabric pouch, and then I will get dried beans from the store. They sell a 20 lb bag for like $5.
01-16-2012, 07:51 PM
This week's to do list
To Do List for Jan. 16-20th
1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal – Find Canadian giving options to do by mail or in person, as then all my money goes to the charity, instead of a bit taken off for Paypal, a bit taken off for CanadaHelps, and a bit taken off for exchange rate. My $20 donation to EMAS ended up only being $13.67 by the time all the fees and exchange rates were taken off! 2. Make something for sale each week. - finish 4 cornered apron, toddler coveralls. 4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - spoke to DD#1 about writing descriptions for me, and then decided to redo some photos this week. She's looking over my Etsy shop at this moment. This evolved into a discussion of setting up our own family website to sell things. 5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Next chapter in weekly Bible study. Rest of R.C. Sproul “Chosen by God”. 6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - DH and I are window shopping on his days off, pricing the cost of the utility room shelving. 8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - lose 1 lb. 9. Eat healthy – elimination diet starts this week, Phase 1 10. Exercise 5x/week – Leslie Sansone's 5 day slim down 11. Do affirmations daily. 12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - No spending this week out of my allowance. 13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Go for a walk by the creek when it warms up later this week. 14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Continue using “Pictorial Hooked Rugs” to fix the lupin rug. 15. Build a network of creative people. - check in on RHD daily. 16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - attend EC and watch... 17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - had a chat with DD#1 about this. She has the know-how to set up the website. She wants to try writing for a living. She's already had a couple of gigs. People like her writing. And have asked her to write for them. I'm thinking we need to set up a family website and sell e-books from all of us on there. 18. Write e-book. - going through my old blog to come up with some topics for e-books. 19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - finish binding canola field rug. 20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - take new photos of hat and BBQ apron for Etsy.
01-16-2012, 09:07 PM
My husband made huge progress today on the living room tongue and groove project. He's hoping to finish that tomorrow and I'll slap the sealer on it. Yea! That will be another thing crossed off The List.
01-16-2012, 09:11 PM
2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - two more totes bought today
5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - used up another skein today
8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning and 100 squats
10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - readings finished last night before bed for yesterday
12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health - was doing well today until I heard some news that I have been dreading...then munched on some potato chips. :thud:
13. Quit smoking. - day 16
19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio
01-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Made huge progress on #18 today...
18. Write e-book. - going through my old blog to come up with some topics for e-books.
I ended up going through my blog and came up with three potential e-books, possibly four: one on goal setting, one on frugal tips, and one on managing the grocery budget frugally. I could also do a separate e-book cookbook. That's all I could come up with so far.
I'm sure there's lots more on the blog I could do. I'm not sure I want to. I could do one on the Money Makeover the year I did that. But it would be humongous! I tend to think e-books should be under 100 pages. Too easy to lose people's interest.
I could do one on the different years of the 20 Wishes I've done. I think I've been doing them for 3 years now.
And I could do one on my personal shopping experience. Maybe as part of an e-book on reducing the clothing budget.
I could also do one on my creative journey, but I'm not sure I want to keep that in the public sphere. Lots of personal stuff in that one. And lots of photos too...
And I could do one on the Christian aspect of frugal living, but that has a narrow audience. Or just my articles on Christianity in general. Hmmm...
I think I have enough to start with for now.
01-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Sounds like you have some excellent ideas there, peanut.
I'm afraid that, while I got many things done over the long weekend, none of it pertained to the 20 wishes. I did buy some muslin for the bean bags, but didn't actually start on them. Oh well.