2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 14
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a blog. I spend way too much time online as it is, don't need to let myself run on with a blog. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't under estimate yourself SD. I think it would be interesting to see some tutorials of some of the things you've done, and to see before and after shots of different projects around your place. You're such a go-getter when it comes to finishing projects!

ETA: But you are right. It all takes time. It's a question of whether you want to spend time actually doing things, or posting on the blog. I'm with you in that I'd rather actually do the stuff than post on the blog...at least right now...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get paid to write tutorials, among other things. I don't want to do it for free!

I also post a lot of how-tos on forums like this one, so don't feel the need for a blog. Not at this time, though.

If I could find a blog site that didn't allow people to copy the content, I'd be more interested. Copyright infringement irritates the hell out of me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I sure can understand that then SD. You don't need a blog then...or really want one. You're doing just fine without it!

Today I spent with a creative friend.

I managed to put snaps on one of the toddler overalls. DH took my sewing machine to the shop for repairs.

I picked up some new-to-me jeans for $10.49CAD at Value Village...yes, that's secondhand jeans at a thrift store. It was cheaper than the Sears Clearance Centre though. They only had one pair that fit and it was about 6" too long in the leg! Plus it would have been $15CAD. The secondhand pair already came the right length. Love it when someone else gets the hemming job.

Spent some time listening to "The Heart of Revival" by Nicky Gumbel on Isaiah.

Tested frozen peaches today and reacted to them. Then realized they are coated in ascorbic acid/citric acid, so I could be reacting to that. Will have to wait awhile and test for citrus before adding them to my allowed foods list.

Friend and I chatted about an upcoming trip to the US this spring. We're thinking of going down to Minot for a bit of shopping for a couple of days.

Did some spinning to make more yarn to sell or knit to sell.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a really productive day here. I spent most of it lounging around, trying to get over this cold I have. But I spent some time working on my spool knit rug, and added about 6 inches to it. It's about 5 feet long now. I think 20 feet should create a suitably sized rug for the chair.

I also almost started the write a novel goal. I had a great wisp of an idea, but once I started fleshing it out it fell apart. Oh well. Maybe a good nights sleep will help me work out the kinks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been working on my list but, I still have 7 more to come up with....it's really hard for me to figure out what to use this challenge for.

20 Wishes Challenge

1. Start writing in my journal at least once per month. 0/12

2. Paint my “woman cave” a cheerful, warm, color. (Idea’s anyone?)

3. Start the rest of the grandkids photo albums and put their pictures in them.

4. Read a book every month, even if it’s a re-read.

5. Get wedding rings re-sized.

6. Connect with two of my very good friends at least two times each month. J--1/24, L--1/24

7. Update my website.

8. Get a new handrail up in stairway going upstairs.

9. Refund BEF---$3,000. I do $3,000 since most mini-emergencies can run upwards of $1,000 (engine as an example was $1,228.)

10. Go camping at least two times this summer for 7 days each time.

11. Swim more this summer. Started swimming again last summer and it reminded me how much I have always enjoyed swimming.

12. Purchase a headstone for my baby brother’s grave.

13. Do something with just my daughter at least once a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard there's great camping in Michigan (the UP is on our to-camp list) so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good spot to take care of #10. Wisconsin is a great place to camp, too.

Cedar, keep writing! Even if you think it's really stupid and not going anywhere. It's amazing how often something that doesn't seem to be anything suddenly becomes something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, Spirit Deer there is great camping in Michigan. Since dh got hurt we aren't able to go to the UP any more...to long of a drive for him. We now camp by Dublin. There is a wonderful DNR campground there and we just love it.

1. Start writing in my journal at least once per month. 0/12

2. Paint my “woman cave” a cheerful, warm, color. (Idea’s anyone?)

3. Start the rest of the grandkids photo albums and put their pictures in them.

4. Read a book every month, even if it’s a re-read.

5. Get wedding rings re-sized.

6. Connect with two of my very good friends at least two times each month. J--1/24, L--1/24

7. Update my website. DONE 1/22/2012

8. Get a new handrail up in stairway going upstairs.

9. Refund BEF---$3,000. I do $3,000 since most mini-emergencies can run upwards of $1,000 (engine as an example was $1,228.)

10. Go camping at least two times this summer for 7 days each time.

11. Swim more this summer. Started swimming again last summer and it reminded me how much I have always enjoyed swimming.

12. Purchase a headstone for my baby brother’s grave.

13. Do something with just my daughter at least once a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - daily devotions done today.

6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - DH at work in the basement. Not sure entirely what he was up to. But things were happening.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - Down to 164.4 lbs.! Goal is 135 lbs. (my goal...the naturopath wants me at 120 lbs.).

9. Eat healthy Broke my diet today. But I had a good reason. See below.

10. Exercise 5x/week - Spent all afternoon on my feet teaching cooking classes to a couple of South Korean ladies.

16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - My emphasis today was on the cooking classes I taught this afternoon. I taught two young ladies how to make Blueberry Muffins, Chocolate Chip Muffins, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Peanut Butter Cookies. Unfortunately I had to taste test them because DH was saying everything tasted good. He's hardly a critic!

Whatever I do tonight I'll be sitting on my butt. My feet are sore!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

Hello,

I'd love to join your challenge. Here is my list.

20 Wishes 2012

1. Lose 56.8 lbs
    2. Read 12 books
    3. Listen to 12 audio books
    4. Complete 12 craft projects
    5. Get out of debt
    6. Save $7000.00 in savings
    7. $1000.00 EF
    8. Make cinnamon rolls from scratch
    9. Make bread from scratch
    10. Get passport
    11. Declutter apartment (jan - bedroom) (feb- living room) ( march - kitchen)
    12. Plant herb garden
    13. Give up caffeine
    14. Organize pics
    15. Finish a puzzle
    16. Get my will done
    17. Rent a safety deposit box
    18. Monthly pampering
    19. Go to one Red Sox game
    20. Watch entire collection of I Love Lucy DVDs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, Colleen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Colleen! Like your list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome Colleen!

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - sewing all done today. Now just the snipping and fluffing. Will post picture when that's all done.
    6. Work through and use whole stash of fabric. - finished sewing my Mom's quilt and used 21 yards of fabric and 4 yards of batting. Next will be a few tablerunners then starting a lap size quilt
    8. Exercise 7 times per week - 30 minutes this morning and 100 squats
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - attended mass and keeping up on readings
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did fairly well today
    13. Quit smoking. - day 22!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome Colleen!

Cedar, thanks for the info on the Q & A Journal. I'll look it up. I've still got these Mother and Father memory books that I'm (and DH) struggling to get finished but somehow it seems like the Q 7 A Journal would be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome Colleen!

Yesterday was a singularly unproductive day. Not only did I not get out of bed until 11am, but I didn't even shower and get dressed until around 1pm. Skipped breakfast obviously, had some toast for lunch, and snacked on a bunch of not-so-good things. Spent the day on my computer watching random videos and things on netflix. Accomplished nothing.

Today, however, should be a better day. It's back to work with only a minor sore throat, and I have to do some homework tonight for my online classes. I'm really going to buckle down this week and get back into the swing of things.