2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 20
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our house had a realtor preview requested by 2 agents on Wednesday and will show twice today and once Saturday. That's 4 times with only 6 days of being listed. Hopeful it moves quickly but prepared if it does not.

Saving will be limited this month because we had expense of the home inspection. I will keep posted once I decide this month's recipe!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow its been a hectic week. I haven't had time to come here at all. I had 2 exams to do for my online classes, as well as numerous assignments that all ended up due the same week. One of the exams had to be proctored, and the professor didn't tell us this until 3 days before the exam window opened! Talk about stress and inconvenience. I finally got the exam scheduled at the local university, and spent more time driving there and back than it took me to take the test. And even then I only got a "C" on the test. It covered 4 chapters, including one on taxes and tax codes. Not exactly the light material I expected in Personal Finance 101.

As for my 20 wishes, I'm behind. I haven't gotten to do any bible reading or journal entries this week. I'm going to do some major catch-up this weekend. Thank goodness it's FRIDAY!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Update:

1. Start writing in my journal at least once per month. 1/12

2. Paint my “woman cave” a cheerful, warm, color. Painting is DONE !!! Pictures posted in a previous post.

3. Start the rest of the grandkids photo albums and put their pictures in them.

4. Read a book every month, even if it’s a re-read. 1/12

5. Get wedding rings re-sized.

6. Connect with two of my very good friends at least two times each month. J--3/24, L--4/24

7. Update my website. DONE 1/22/2012

8. Get a new handrail up in stairway going upstairs.

9. Refund BEF---$3,000. I do $3,000 since most mini-emergencies can run upwards of $1,000 (engine as an example was $1,228.)see siggy. I am also adding whatever I don't spend on groceries into the BEF.

10. Go camping at least two times this summer for 7 days each time.

11. Swim more this summer. Started swimming again last summer and it reminded me how much I have always enjoyed swimming.

12. Purchase a headstone for my baby brother’s grave.

13. Do something with just my daughter at least once a month. 1/12

14. Do something special with my youngest son at least once a month. 1/12

15. Put a real effort into quitting smoking. I love to smoke which is a problem for me when it comes to giving it up.

16. Re-work my flower beds in the spring.

17. Put shelves in living room closet for blankets.

18. Sort through bedroom closet.

19. Try to patch things up with my younger sister with whom I am estranged. (Failed miserably last time I extended my hand but, I'm willing to give it another shot) Unblocked her from fb and extended friend request, she accepted. Told her on her wall that I love her very, very much...she liked. Now, I am hoping not to get kicked in the teeth...not perfect but, it is a start.

20. Buy a real urn for my mom's grave.[/QUOTE]

The 20 Wishes goal is really helping me to focus on things I enjoy and things I have always wanted to get done or do. After making the effort to call my friend L. a couple of times, she called me and came out to visit . We spent hours visiting and just being with her made the world a wonderful place to be. Invited my friend J. out to have dinner with us yesterday and my dh prepared a wonderful meal for us. I did her taxes for her and we enjoyed each other's company. I love both of those women to death, they both represent the family I chose and I would lose a part of myself if they weren't in my life. I have known L. for 20 years and J. for 32 years and the last decade has been full of trials for all 3 of us. It feels absolutely wonderful to see them and to talk to them. I'm not going to let life get so busy again that I don't make the time to spend with these ladies. Thank you for helping me to get back on track with this thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning everyone! It's so nice to read about everyone's progress. Can you believe it's already February? Here's my Saturday to-do list, which I am posting so I can hold myself accountable and not just slack off all day. Some items are Wishes related, some aren't.

1) Catch up on all Q&A journal questions (Wish #6)
    2) Catch up on all bible reading (Wish #1)
    3) Take pictures of the garden (Wish #7)
    4) Walk 2 miles on treadmill
    5) Finish assignments for Positive Living class
    6) Order supplies for saltwater aquarium (Wish #16)

I may add some other things, but this is the stuff I really want to get done. I will check back in later tonight!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning Cedar and everyone else! I'm busy today, but not with 20 Wishes stuff. I must do errands this morning, then go to Crafting this afternoon, and then clean up my sunroom this evening! Absolutely MUST! Because I have people coming tomorrow afternoon. Nothing like a deadline.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Started working on #3. Start the rest of the grandkids photo albums and put their pictures in them.

Today I sorted through some envelopes & boxes of pics & put them into individual piles.

I am doing photo albums for the instamatic grandkids too . Theirs will start with pics from when they first became a part of our family.

I also having been reading my book for this month..."What About the Big Stuff"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's accomplishments...

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - did devotions/prayer time.

9. Eat healthy - eating healthy today.

10. Exercise 5x/week - spent 2 1/2 hours shopping and running errands. Also been sorting through the wool in my sunroom. I have a very sore back right now. Don't know if that means I did work or if I just wrecked my back bending too much.

11. Do affirmations daily. - Done.

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - So far, so good.

14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking.
    - Busy organizing fabric and yarn.

15. Build a network of creative people. - Working on it. Went to Crafting, and building online network.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month.
    - This month RHD has a challenge out to use red in an unusual way. Red I can do, but unusual way...hmmm... It has to be small because I have this course work to do as well. Plus I'll have lost a week just organizing the fabric and yarn!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was an excellent day! I got a lot accomplished. Including these things on my to-do list and a few extras.

1) Catch up on all Q&A journal questions (Wish #6)
    3) Take pictures of the garden (Wish #7 & Wish #10)
    4) Walk 2 miles on treadmill
    5) Finish assignments for Positive Living class
    E) Spent 30 minutes in the sun, reading
    E) Started toying around with the sketch ideas (Wish #5)
    E) I got an idea for a novel! And I wrote a chapter already! (Wish #8)

Today I have an all new to-do list. Here it is:

1) Catch up on the bible reading (Wish #1)
    2) Laundry
    3) Upload pictures from garden
    4) Grocery shopping
    5) Watch some of the movies in my netflix queue
    6) Finish my library book, start another

So today is a nice, easy day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a quick check in.

My food plan has to be changed back to low carb. I love ww and think its great but for me it has to be low carb, sugar makes me crazy!

I'm working on my reading, audio books, crocheting, decluttering my living room and watching I love Lucy DVDs.

I need to make a to do list for this week.

I will also update my debt tomorrow. I'm slowly working on that. I did set up an automatic debit to go directly into my ing account weekly so that's on auto pilot. I'm going to do the same for my savings in the spring when I'm back to work.

I'm off to watch per game for super bowl.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Get my white bedroom furniture from my childhood room brought to my house. Postponed until we're moved.
    2. Organize closets through decluttering/donating and use of storage/organization materials. Concentrating on office closet this month.
    3. Save $17-20k. Still plugging along.
    4. Update my work and personal wardrobe with quality key pieces. Next item I buy will be a wrinkle-free white button-down shirt.
    5. Have my vintage settee refinished and reupholstered. Postponed until we're moved.
    6. Use a time-saving cooking method weekly (slow cooker, OAMC, homemade mixes, etc). Making slow cooker cube steak this week with deer steak from the freezer.
    7. Plant a container garden with at least 2 veggies. Postponed until we're moved but want to plant these with bell peppers and roma tomatoes: Everyday Art: Hanging Garden
    8. Replace remaining interior light fixtures. Will resume this goal with new house (it needs a few updated fixtures).
    9. Learn to work with yeast dough and make pizza crusts, cinnamon rolls, and so on from scratch. Watched some YouTube videos about pizza dough from a bread machine and read a free Kindle book about breads, too. Haven't tried anything yet.
    10. Paint front and side porch floors. Will replace this goal with painting rooms in new house once we're moved.
    11. Paint carport stairs. Will replace this goal post-move.
    12. Finish all incomplete craft projects with minimal purchase of new supplies. Too damp to spray paint (and DH broke my shelf, but it can be fixed), but I did make valentines with things I already had (see pic).
    13. Decide upon and complete one landscaping project. I planted pansies in the porch railing planters and bought a new hanging basket today (see pic). I have another flat of pansies and will plant them later.
    14. Learn to use a sewing machine. Postponed until we're moved.
    15. Drop 2 sizes through consistent exercise and healthy eating. I hang my head low - no progress. Going to start drinking a protein shake daily and watching my sugar.
    16. Have the VHS home movies of my childhood transferred to DVD. Postponed until we're moved. I'd be sick if I got these from my aunt and then lost them during packing.
    17. Read at least 2 books a month (hard copy or Kindle). Success - in January, I read The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister and Easy, Fabulous Bread Making: A collection of quick, no-knead homemade bread recipes by Barbara Mack.
    18. Stay current on my work-related paperwork and documentation. I catch up about every 2-3 days and need to work towards my goal of making daily time to type.
    19. Try one new recipe a month. Success - tried 2 recipes in January (black bean soup with cilantro, chicken and dumplings made with tortillas), but I need a February recipe.
    20. Take supplements daily for my health concerns. Have been remiss but this is the week I'll get back on track.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone seems to be moving along just fine! WTG on all your progress peeps!

My progress yesterday...

2. Make something for sale each week. - finished hooking a hot pad

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - done.

6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard.
    - DH and I went out and bought drywall for the utility room and a new shower for the bathroom. DH put up the drywall and the beading last evening.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - I'm losing weight again. I think the elimination diet was not enough calories for me. I'm back to eating the insulin resistance diet and I've gone down a pound overnight for the last two nights. Go figure...

9. Eat healthy - see above.

10. Exercise 5x/week - helping DH haul a shower and drywall around. Plus shopping for 4 hours yesterday. Must have been exercise because I broke a sweat several times!

11. Do affirmations daily. - Done

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - So far so good.

14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Enjoying the rug hooking course.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Finished fixing the lupin rug. And the hotpad. And another star for my course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TWENTY WISHES GOALS FOR JANUARY 29-FEBRUARY 4

1. Declutter the house
    Pick a box from storage room: declutter and deal with the contents DONE
    Pick a bathroom shelf: declutter and organize contents
    2. Finish the house
    Find out how to clean the doors; see what else can I do Doors are clean!
    3. Become fairly fluent in Spanish
    Lessons 18 & 19; find professor Jason video on past tense verbs
    4. Study the Bible
    Read in Exodus; look up words in Hebrew Lexicon; Have read through Chapter 26Work on Lesson 1 with DH, read about historical context
    5. Weed and mulch all my flower beds
    Clean up the branches from all the beds DONE; put on burn pile (waiting for the ground to dry out so i can use the truck to haul to the burn pile)
    6. Reclaim my woodland garden
    Clean up the branches from the area DONE; put on burn pile (same as above)
    7. Get all the family heirlooms labeled and stored safely
    Probably nothing on this one this week
    8. Work on the Seven Steps of preparedness on Totally Ready website
    Find Natural Remedies book; make list of what I need to get or make DONE
    Do I need to order herb seeds? DD is working on this)
    9. Make a garden notebook with all the information I've collected
    Add sheet protectors and tabbed dividers to town list for February DONE
    Gather gardening articles, notes, etc. together in one big box (working on this)
    Work on categorizing the information; identify main sections for notebook
    10. Complete the mother and father memory books
    Aim for 1 page per day per book i.e. seven pages per book
    11. Improve Singing Voice
    Do vocal exercises daily (ask DD to show me how to play them on the piano)
    Encourage the recording of at least two songs this week
    12. Improve piano playing
    Practice chords and inversions, scales for a few minutes every day
    13. Study history
    Read The Formation of Western Christendom: The Frankish Kingdom and Supplementary Material Still reading this section
    Answer the essay questions
    14. Organize genealogy information
    Probably not this week
    15. Knit something useful
    Find a sock tutorial to watch
    See if I can remember what I was doing!
    16. do household inventory
    Work on organizing kitchen cabinets as we remove and do the doors
    Write down the serial numbers of all kitchen appliances
    17. make portable bird blind
    Probably not this week
    18. organize my wardrobe
    Play with my wardrobe capsule information I collected
    19. write
    Finish Lessons 11 & 12; take final exam DONE! Saving money for another writing course)
    20. earn some money
    Help DH gather up metal to take to the salvage place; help strip old wiring for the copper DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

13. Decide upon and complete one landscaping project. Got another couple bags of potting soil for planting the last flat of pansies in a pot with a stand for the front porch area and another pot elsewhere TBD. I have 2 stands and may place one at each door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

To Do list for this week...

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - Decide what charity to support this month.
    2. Make something for sale each week. - hooked rug week! Maybe finish the yoga mat bag I started before my sewing machine tension went wonky.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - No time until this weekend...maybe. A small baby quilt top?
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Not having much success with selling online. I refuse to under price my work. I need to phone the lady for the spring fair tomorrow.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - I went to a ladies Bible study today, and have been doing devotions daily, taking time for prayer. I have yet to find a free day for my monthly retreat. Need at least 8 hours to relax and do a proper one. Won't have it till maybe next Wednesday...
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - DH is down there mudding the utility room. The contractor comes tomorrow to look at the shower. I am on call to help whenever needed.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - not on our radar at the moment
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - lose one pound this week...be 162.8 lbs. or lighter by Friday. Right now I'm at 163.8.
    9. Eat healthy - watch carbs. Go back to insulin resistance diet. No SUGAR! No late night snacking!
    10. Exercise 5x/week - Exercise DVD tomorrow.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - work on these. I think I need to rewrite them. Where I want to be and where i am now are miles apart!
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Reassess all expenditures. I want to save up $700CAD for a weekend trip to the States the end of April. Figure out how much I have to save each payday. Right now I have $300 saved for it.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Not till the ice melts!
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Finish textures. Start hooking water in Moose & Mountain rug.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Work on building relationships with people online in my rug hooking course.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - No teaching this week, but I will be watching masters at work again on Thursday.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - On hold...
    18. Write e-book. - On hold...
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Done already. This week I am hooking texture samples and starting the Moose & Mountain rug.
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - I am finding I need to learn how to use the manual settings on my DSLR. I am not happy with the automatic settings in natural daylight. Sometimes I want the flash on, even though it's broad daylight. Otherwise the colour goes funny on my photos. So I am going to look at the manual and experiment with some of my rug hooking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

20 Wishes Update

1.Lose 56.8 lbs.......it's up a bit from where it was....last week was a disaster...I've gone back to my low carb food plan and I'm feeling better...hopefully I'll have a loss on Saturday.

2. Read 12 books.....I'm doing pretty good on this...I'm on schedule...I have two books going atm and am about half way through both.

3. Listen to 12 audio books..... I just finished my Feb selection today.

4. Complete 12 craft projects.......ran out of yarn so I'll try to get some this weekend.

5. Get out of debt...I paid some money on cpl ccs ...not sure what my balance is atm.

6. 7000.00 in savings....I put 40.00 in my account today.

7. 1000.00 in ef.....set up draft for 20.00 weekly.

8. Make cinnamon rolls from scratch....I have found a recipe...I'm going to wait till I'm at my first goal of 30 lbs lost and then make some and celebrate.

9. Make bread from scratch...same as above.

10. Get passport....I'm going to get a new pic taken when I reach that 30 lb goal.

11. Declutter apartment.......working on living room.....bedroom is finished.

12. Plant herb garden.

13. Give up caffeine...I'm down to 1 diet coke a day.

14. Organize pics.

15. Finish puzzle.

16. Finish my will....just need 2 witnesses.

17. Get a fireproof box for my important papers.

18. Monthly pampering...going to book a massage soon for this month.

19. Go to a Red Sox game.

20. Watch my entire collection of I Love Lucy dvds...working on season 3.