2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 21
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Photo intermission! Here's some of the rug hooking from the course I'm taking. Bear in mind these are all preliminary exercises for more hooking later...

Stars...

Don't ask me what these stars are for, but they'd look great in the middle of a chair pad or trivet! Might do some more with a background to offset them for sale items.

And a piece using different plaids and tweeds.

Don't know what it was with me and pink this week, but it's got in my mind and I can't get it out!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The house showed yesterday and the potential buyers were inside 45 minutes. It's showing again today.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut - those look great!

mymelody - good luck to you in selling the house!

Haven't been posting on this thread much but that's because I have been busying working on my wishes!

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - done
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - on tote number 8.....now Ds might be moving into an apartment (his first) this summer after school with his girlfriend and there is alot he wants me to bring for them to use in their new place so that will dramatically help having to pack up and store his stuff!
    3. Organize, make an inventory list and maintain stockpile - haven't worked on this yet
    4. Read 12 books this year....one per month. - 1/12
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - been making good progress on this but I think it is going to take all year to get through it!
    6. Work through and use whole stash of fabric. - hoping to organize my stash soon to plan on what to make with what I have
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - been keeping up with this goal
    9. Lose 12 pounds - 5.2/12
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - been keeping up with this daily
    11. Organize paperwork from last three years. - worked on this alot today. All three years are in piles according to date....at least the paperwork that I have found so far. I then hole - punched each year and placed in a binder.
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - doing well with this
    13. Quit smoking. - still smoke free since January 1st.
    16. Find, complile and organize all photographs - 5 albums done and put in photo box
    17. Buy or make at least one Christmas gift per month. 1/12
    18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - need to be consistent with this wish
    19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio - been working on this
    20. Have a fully funded BEF and do not touch it! - $94/$1000

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - Decide what charity to support this month. DONE
    2. Make something for sale each week. - hooked rug week! Maybe finish the yoga mat bag I started before my sewing machine tension went wonky. No time to do anything but rug hook this week.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - No time until this weekend...maybe. A small baby quilt top? See above.
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Not having much success with selling online. I refuse to under price my work. I need to phone the lady for the spring fair tomorrow. DONE
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - I went to a ladies Bible study today, and have been doing devotions daily, taking time for prayer. I have yet to find a free day for my monthly retreat. Need at least 8 hours to relax and do a proper one. Won't have it till maybe next Wednesday... All done BUT the retreat.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - DH is down there mudding the utility room. The contractor comes tomorrow to look at the shower. I am on call to help whenever needed. Contractor has no time to work on the shower. So DH and I are doing it. The old shower is out. This weekend we'll buy drywall and drywall the bath in preparation for the new shower installation.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - not on our radar at the moment
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - lose one pound this week...be 162.8 lbs. or lighter by Friday. Right now I'm at 163.8. Not likely to happen. I am hovering at 164.5 lb. for the last two weeks.
    9. Eat healthy - watch carbs. Go back to insulin resistance diet. No SUGAR! No late night snacking! Cheated tonight while out. Won't lose weight this way!
    10. Exercise 5x/week - Exercise DVD tomorrow.I've been doing renovations and errands...generally working up a sweat doing real life things. I'm hoping that counts as exercise, but I don't know.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - work on these. I think I need to rewrite them. Where I want to be and where i am now are miles apart! DONE
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Reassess all expenditures. I want to save up $700CAD for a weekend trip to the States the end of April. Figure out how much I have to save each payday. Right now I have $300 saved for it. Down $50 today. Had to order some backing for rug hooking for my class.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Not till the ice melts!
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Finish textures. Start hooking water in Moose & Mountain rug. Did two texture pieces: one traditional and one less so. No Moose & Mountain rug this week. I will be hooking ocean samplers tomorrow and the weekend. Also re-skeining more yarn.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Work on building relationships with people online in my rug hooking course.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - No teaching this week, but I will be watching masters at work again on Thursday. I lied. Turns out I'm teaching a cooking class to two International students tomorrow.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - On hold...
    18. Write e-book. - On hold...
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Done already. This week I am hooking texture samples and starting the Moose & Mountain rug. Texture pieces done...

20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - I am finding I need to learn how to use the manual settings on my DSLR. I am not happy with the automatic settings in natural daylight. Sometimes I want the flash on, even though it's broad daylight. Otherwise the colour goes funny on my photos. So I am going to look at the manual and experiment with some of my rug hooking. I found if I lay the pieces on the floor, the flash automatically comes on...which is what I need for the colour in my rug hooking. Natural daylight just washes them out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haven't accomplished anything this week towards my wishes...been to busy wishing for other things. Nels is doing much better today but, it will take a while for him to get back to pre-Monday condition. Going to check into getting him back into therapy to see if that will help speed things along a little bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also haven't gotten much done this week in the way of wishes. I'm hoping to maximize my weekend time and try to get a lot done. Here's my Saturday to-do list. I think I'm going to have to start making weekly to-do lists in order to keep things moving forward and not just stagnating.

1) Do as much homework as possible
    2) Vacuum & Dust bedroom
    3) Cut out all muslin pieces for bean bags
    4) Return books to library
    5) Go to Walmart for Valentines Day stuff
    6) Go to Joann Fabric for yarn
    7) Upload garden photos & post here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

February's recipe: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Spanish Rice (The Traveling Spoon: Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken and Spanish Rice)

This will also work towards my goal of using a time-saving cooking method each week.

Also interested in cooking this new recipe if I have time (but definitely not diet fare): Blueberry Pizza (Blueberry Pizza ~ Time 2 Eat Yall) because I have a ton of frozen blueberries from my Granny and I could make my own pie filling to go on top.

Going to Amazon to look for new Kindle books today - hoping for some light reads to enjoy after work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another fine day. I got most of yesterday's list done, except the errands, because the Joann sale doesn't start until today. So I will be running the errands today. Here is today's to-do list.

1) Run all errands (walmart, grocery store, Joann, library)
    2) Upload photos to photobucket and post here
    3) Finish homework
    4) Continue working on bean bags
    5) Laundry
    6) Clean bedroom

I'm also adding Wish Number 19 to my list:

19) Complete overhaul of bedroom ((This includes a complete declutter, repainting the walls, new artwork for the walls, setting up my aquarium, two-step polish and cleaning of the wood floors, and rearranging the furniture to create more space.))

Working on my weekly to do list, will post it tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's my garden! It's nothing special, just a small pyramid planting box and a plastic tub. The bottom and top tiers of the pyramid have radishes growing. They've already sprouted, as you can see. The middle tier is seeded with carrots. The plastic tub will hold a cucumber plant with pickling cucumbers. It's a small garden, that's for sure, and it's on the side of the house, under my bedroom window. Association rules say the garden can't be visible from the street, hence it's location and size.

Here's the little cucumber plant. I can't wait to try making pickles and learning to can!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Make something for sale each week.
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month.

My latest two projects in my rug hooking course...

They are both 6" x 6". I might be able to sell them for about $15 I'm thinking. We'll see...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I am working on unfinished craft projects.

- framed a small cross-stitch project that I made in August and it's found a home in my laundry room.

- began spray painting the wall shelf and it's sitting outside drying - needs one more section on the "legs" sprayed, and then the center bar (that got broken off) will get painted after I sand the areas I filled with joint compound.

- began spray primiing the wooden basket but a pinkish tinge keeps showing through! It's Zinsser in a can so I have no idea what's going on ... maybe the basket really wants to be pink?!

Pictures to come - I plan to get the large shelf reassembled today. It's just 4 screws but I may need to look for some longer ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From my February To-do List

2.Finish the house Finish kitchen cabinets including molding, pull- out drawers at sink, doors, handles, attach counter tops to wall. This is happening!!!! Last week, we sanded and re-stained the north wall of upper cabinets. Then DH put the first coat of polyurethane on. Today he is planning to put a 2nd coat on. They added those last few pieces of crown molding too!

19. write Complete the quizzes for Lessons 11 and 12 and the final exam of the course I'm taking. Sign up for another course in mid-February. I finished this course and took the exam. I got them all correct Still don't have quite enough money saved up to do the other course I want. Still hoping!

I need to make a weekly list also. I stay focused better with small bites.
    Last edited by daylily; 02-12-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's pics of the framed cross stitch and shelf progress. New paint color on top, old paint color on bottom. I also listed up 5 things from the office closet for sale on the local online classifieds and will deposit any money earned in savings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't accomplished anything this month! It just flew by with no sense of time... wow.back on the wagon I will force myself. I'll be back later with an updated list and to do list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of pretty pictures here I like to see everyones projects.

No polyurethaning today. It only got up to 22 degrees so it was too cold to have the windows open. However, DH and DS did glue up another section of the shelves for DD's closet and that's good too.

9. Make a garden notebook with all the information I've collected Collect the information from around the house. Buy sheet protectors and tabbed dividers. Work on purging and compiling the information I worked on this several hours today. I started notebooks for Fruits & Vegetables, Flowers, and put lots of other info into sheet protectors. I'll have a Landscaping Ideas notebook and I'm not sure what else. I'll see how it evolves.