2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started -I worked out today that I still have 184 squares of fabric to cut out. I will work through the fabric stash and decide what will work.
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - One tote bought the other day. This will be a large project.
    3. Organize, make an inventory list and maintain stockpile - made list today of items I needed to replace items used at Christmas
    4. Read 12 books this year....one per month. - self explanatory
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - I have been working on a knitted sampler blanket...good way to use up the stash. I want my stash gone by the end of the year and just purchase what I will need for current projects
    6. Work through and use whole stash of fabric. - same idea as yarn stash. Using fabric currently for my Mom's quilt.
    7. Make/build a retreat/entertainment area outside this summer. - Will have to wait until warmer weather.
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - walked/ran 45 minutes today
    9. Lose 12 pounds - I have lost 39 pounds the last four months....another 12 and I will hit my goal weight
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - will be starting tonight
    11. Organize paperwork from last three years. - this has gotten out of control and it needs to be controlled again. Found an unused binder in storage today so will start piles for the first year tomorrow!
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - good eating day today
    13. Quit smoking. - I have not had a cigarette today. My first smoke free day is almost over!
    14. Join or attend some type of craft group this year. - watching the community calendar for events
    15. Start vegtable seeds indoors and transplant to garden. - will start in March
    16. Find, complile and organize all photographs - will work on this throughout the year...we have alot of photographs that need to be preserved
    17. Buy or make at least one Christmas gift per month. - Nothing bought or made today.
    18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - something new I want to try ...... something just for me!
    19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio - Nothing today...stormy outside. If the wind calms down tomorrow, it might be a perfect photography day!
    20. Have a fully funded BEF and do not touch it! - found a basket container I will be using. Dh and I have a fully funded BEF but this BEF is just for me.....for classes, supplies ect that I might want to purchase one day that are really expensive....like a new digital camera and lens....yes, Dh is aware of the fund....

I will update every day but only the ones I have worked towards accomplishing. Today was kind of an overview for my own mind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Go DC go! Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I've ever witnessed anyone do. My SIL took 3 tries before he finally managed to do it, with outside help. But he did it. I have faith in you DC! You can do it too! Way to go on your first smoke free day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Plan for today...

• Sew on apron for sale
    • Plan retreat/spa day for tomorrow
    • Find yard plan with patio drawn on it and make a patio plan
    • Do a workout video
    • Phone naturopath about diet
    • Pick up supplements
    • Check in with rug hooking community
    • Design a simple small hooked piece
    • Hook on the rug for dniece's wedding
    • Find camera manual
    • Find e-book on writing e-books.

My focus is on pulling together the tools I need to make this year work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My Plan today -
    • Donating items to DD old daycare... she doesn't need them anymore
    • Going to HFS(Health Food Store) to pick up some local produce... that will blow my weekly food budget - but hopefully I will get that under control soon
    • Taking DD to Gym Practice at 3 - so will bring a book to read while I am there... I am reading the Happiness Project

I guess I should finish my list of 20 wishes :-)

1. Eat Locally - when available - Heading to HFS today for produce - and Farmers Market next Sat
    2. Cut spending by 1/3 - on EVERYTHING - I will be tracking every penny with a notebook
    3. Don't buy ANYTHING that is full price - Buy second hand when possibleI will be doing this everytime we need ANYTHING
    4. Learn to say NOThis will be tough since I tend to be a people pleasure
    5. Use Crockpot 2x a weekI am checking out different websites for recipes and I already used it on January 1st
    6. NO FAST FOOD I will plan for times when on road.. if we have to grab something on the fly it will be in a cooler
    7. LEARN TO RELAX! ACCEPT! and LOVE ME!join a challenge for this one+ have already decided Sunday will be Mommy Day a day of REST not Chores!
    8. QUIT MY CURRENT JOB in OCTOBER! - and find something I LOVEI 1st need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
    9. Buy a New Used Car for trade-in and cash- no credit!I need to save the cash for this one!
    10. Rid my home of 1012 items that are unloved and unused - minialism is KEYStarting this today see above
    12. Lose 20 lbs - Joined the pound a week challenge - I will track all food - increase veggies - decrease fat and learn to atleast 15 minutes of exercise a every other day not easy when you are always on the run and work full time
    13. LEARN TO DRESS BETTER I have become lazy about dressing since moving to Florida and NOT liking my body.... I need to learn to LOVE ME NO MATTER what my shape --

I know I forgot some things but I am sure I will remember them later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie, my parents both stopped smoking in their late 60s. Despite the fact they had been smoking since they were fourteen years old, after two years or so they can't imagine ever smoking these days. It was hard, but even a lifetime habit can be broken!

KimZ, you've inspired me: I'm including "15. Dress in a way that flatters the body I have and not in a way that would flatter the body I wish I had" in my wishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie on February 4th It will be 8 years that I have quit and it was the best descision I ever made... but I won't lie... it was one of the hardest! I would have rather gone through child labor again than attempt it... It took me 2 years of trying until I finally was able to quit... I had to control that little voice Nic! which is short for Nicotine... I had a HUGE Support group online... I joined WhyQuit and I lived on that sight for a good year and a half until I felt I was truely over my addiction. If you EVER need to talk to someone about it let me know.... I will always have an ear for a fellow quitter

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Red face

Debbie Cat, we can do this whole no smoking thing.
    We shall join forces and slay the horrid beast

I have been smoking since I was 15, that is "ugh" 32 years that is alot of money. Not so much the first part of it. But definatly the last 7 years or so .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm impressed with all the awesome goals I'm seeing here. I hope we can each meet at least some of our goals!

Also wishing the very best to those quiting smoking. My parents both quit in their 40s after smoking since they were teens. Drink lots of water to help flush the nicotine out of your body faster! I worked with a doctor who did stop smoking seminars. He says in 3 days the physical addiction is over for most people but the psychological addiction goes on MUCH longer. Watch for those psychological traps like sitting down in a favorite chair or where ever you normally light up, etc. If you're watching for them, they won't be so likely to catch you off guard and trip you up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Be careful not to replace smoking with eating. Then you'll have another health problem to contend with. Drinking water would be a good substitute and a healthy choice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's to do list

• Sew on apron for sale - need to buy a cotton sheet for a lining.
    • Plan retreat/spa day for tomorrow
    • Find yard plan with patio drawn on it and make a patio plan
    • Do a workout video
    • Phone naturopath about diet
    • Pick up supplements
    • Check in with rug hooking community - They are having a challenge - a small piece to be done in yellow for January. I'm IN!
    • Design a simple small hooked piece
    • Hook on the rug for dniece's wedding - strips cut. Just taking a break before picking up the hook today.
    • Find camera manual
    • Find e-book on writing e-books. - this is still eluding me. Can't think where I put it on my computer...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Oooh, can I join, huh? huh? can I?

I've been working on narrowing my 2012 goals list down some (it is currently at 26 items and I'm continually thinking of more). If I had to pick 20 they'd be:

1. Make regular charitable donations to charities that deal with issues I'm passionate about: animal welfare, homelessness and combatting hunger
    2. Eat better and exercise (along with overweight dog) so that I can lose 75lbs and she can lose 10
    3. Pay off and close Credit One credit card
    4. Create small emergency fund
    5. Donate clothes I no longer wear and books to Goodwill (if they take books, the library sale if they don't)
    6. Plant a container or raised garden this spring and actually tend it and harvest veggies rather than letting them wither on the vine when it gets to be 105+ outside and I just don't feel like going out.
    7. Cancel netflix
    8. Relearn where all 50 states go on the map, and relearn the 192 countries that we test our students on each year, if they can pass the dreaded "map test" then I can too!
    9. Build up a 3 month stockpile (space doesn't allow for more than that right now)
    10. Take a vacation, even if it is just a roadtrip or weekend cruise somewhere, haven't been anywhere since 2006.
    11. Scan and archive photos, some are so old they're turning pink, not long left to salvage them.
    12. Get a gun, a concealed carry permit and take lessons to learn to use it (not in that order though, I suppose lessons should come first)
    13. Get to work on time and stop taking for granted that I have a lax schedule. 8:00am means 8:00 am, not 8-ish; remain productive at work.
    14. Go to doctor and dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
    15. Learn to use the sewing machine I got for Christmas 6 years ago that has set in the box ever since.
    16. Read 40 books, including some non-fiction, and some history books about the Great Depression, Nazi Germany, Early American History, Ancient Egypt, and some on topics I like that others find kooky like alien abductions, zombies, bigfoot, hauntings and zombies.
    17. Take Mom to a Grizzlies game, or a Redbirds game, or both.
    18. Take care of the home repairs that are building up: doors, locks, knobs, water heater, back fence, microwave---why does everything break at the same time!?!
    19. Recycle more
    20. Be more active with mypoints, swagbucks, mycoke rewards, p.c. surveys and more, gift cards earned through these programs actually helped a great deal this past Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sure woodogmom! to the thread! Your list is quite all encompassing! I can't believe you had a sewing machine in a box for *6 years*! Oh well, it's no worse than me having a quilt I've been working on for 35 years now...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to join in on this too! I find that I do better with completing things if I'm accountable in some way. So, here we go:

1. Read the bible in a year ((Plan found, will be reading daily))
    2. Lose 25 lbs to reach my ideal weight ((Weighed in on the 1st at 160lbs. Goal is 135 lbs.))
    3. Write for 15 minutes every day
    4. Open a Roth IRA
    5. Walk on the treadmill 4 days a week
    6. Sew one new thing every month
    7. Make handmade gifts for people
    8. Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((Found a nice 5 year journal with 1 question per day, very cool))
    9. Plant a small vegetable garden ((Just spent $80 on seeds and supplies. Starting small with carrots, radishes, peas, and cucumbers for pickling this year. Hoping to go big someday.))
    10. Write a novel
    11. Continue education towards AS degree in Early Childhood Education ((Starting my 2nd semester in a week, out of 6 semesters))
    12. Take more pictures & learn to use camera
    13. Eat Healthier
    14. Reduce spending ((Firmly resolving to not buy any new books this year! ))
    15. Make a regular cleaning schedule & stick to it ((Vacuumed today ))
    16. Give to charity monthly
    17. Walk 365 miles on treadmill
    18. Grow my hair out & donate to Locks of Love again
    19. Finish Spool Knit Rug for desk chair
    20. Spend more time in the sun

And I'll also add a special 21st goal, because I can.

21. Post on FV at least once a day & stop lurking so much ((Lurking is my thing, but I want to contribute too. I need to start breaking out of my shell.))
    Last edited by Cedar; 01-02-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Yay, red text

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have so many resolutions this year I am having a hard time coming up with my 20 wishes... I am working on it though. I'll be back with my list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8. Exercise 7 times per week. - walked/ran 45 minutes today

9. Lose 12 pounds - I have lost 39 pounds the last four months....another 12 and I will hit my goal weight
    Debbie-Cat - way to go and WOW about your weight loss... I saw how much you exercised when I joined the monthly exercise challenges in 2011... now I know all that walking paid off!

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast