2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

to the thread Cedar! And please post daily. I don't like to 'talk to myself' on here.

Today I managed to complete all the things on my list PLUS do laundry and dishes before DH gets home. Not bad. My sewing room is even spotless right now.

Sew on apron for sale - need to buy a cotton sheet for a lining.
    Plan retreat/spa day for tomorrow
    Find yard plan with patio drawn on it and make a patio plan
    Do a workout video - Decided to go for a half hour walk instead.
    Phone naturopath about diet
    Pick up supplements
    Check in with rug hooking community
    Design a simple small hooked piece
    Hook on the rug for dniece's wedding
    Find camera manual
    Find e-book on writing e-books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for the pep talk and support about quitting smoking!!!! I am PROUD to say that I still HAVE NOT lit a cigarette!!! This is the longest I have gone. I also went through two large triggers....getting into a vehicle...just drove up to the storage building (on our property )with a load of things AND after dinner.....seems to be the toughest right now.

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - still making decisions
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - have two more totes on my grocery list for tomorrow
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - working on a knitting sampler blanket using yarn from stash
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk/run this morning
    9. Lose 12 pounds - Monday mornings are my regular weigh in day.....down .8 of a pound this morning
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - found the reading plan last night and read through January 1st and January 2nd last night. Will be reading before I retire each evening and will read until I tire.
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - No nuts, seeds, or cabbage today.
    13. Quit smoking. - on day two of not smoking!
    15. Start vegtable seeds indoors and transplant to garden. - while cleaning kitchen cupboards today, I organized and took stock of all plastic seed containers I have. I now know I will need more out of storage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DC, can I ask why you're buying totes for things you're getting rid of? They're expensive! Won't boxes or contractor trash bags work? Just curious.

BTW, Ace Hardware has totes on their new ad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD - I am buying totes because the items have been sitting in cardboard boxes and things are getting ruined...hence the reason I need to go through everything. We have three storage buildings on the property that are full and mice, weather (rain, change in temp), pigeons are ruining the cardboard boxes and contractor bags so I have decided to get rid of most of it and only save the very important items that will be stored in those totes. Thanks for the heads up at Ace! We have one here in town.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Aaah! I was wondering that too DC. Sounds like you seriously need to go through things and get rid of stuff. I decided to use my stuff this year to get rid of it.

I'm sitting here with nothing to do this evening, having finished everything on my list today. So I'm taking a break and just browsing books, etc. Thinking about what the rest of my week will look like. Trying to keep up the momentum. And trying to decide if I want a job or not. Someone's asked me to apply for a very part time position - 8 hours a week. Normally I wouldn't consider it. I suspect this one will have deadlines and pressure in it. My doctors would not be happy. Hmm...have to weigh that in my decision. OTOH, we could use the extra money, no matter how little it is, for work around the house. Hmmm...to decide to apply or not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What kind of work would it be peanut? Maybe your doctor would think it might help your health if the working conditions were right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It all makes sense now, DC.

I don't know how Ace's prices compare, but I just remembered seeing the totes in the new ad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's a church secretary position. But only two afternoons a week. Which will mean a real rush to get the bulletin out Friday afternoons. And will put a crimp in any craft sales I want to do that are Friday/Saturdays. Usually those start at 4 PM and you have to be set up in advance.

I'd be taking the job just before the Annual Meeting too...which may mean pressure to finalize an annual report. I'm not excited about that. Nothing like a baptism by fire!

Our pastor thinks I know a thing or two about computers. I use a spreadsheet to track the church library inventory. Guess that makes me an expert?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you could negotiate what hours you'd work, or work some hours at home on your own schedule.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know, we'll have to see. Truth be told, my doctor has told me in no uncertain terms that she does not want me to take a job...period. I am thinking she may be wise, considering how I was last year with Crafting for Missions...and that wasn't even a real job. It was volunteer. Being church secretary would land me right in the middle of church politics too, which I find particularly stressful. So yeah, I'm kind of leaning against the job right now. This morning I had a list of 8 reasons to not take it, and only 1 to take it - money.

Today is retreat/spa day for me. I'm having a great time. So far I've given myself a nice long relaxing bath, a manicure, and done some serious Bible study on the unhurried life. No wonder I'm not fond of the idea of going to work! It will interfere with my working on creating the unhurried life! Oh dear!

I think I am going to look over my 20 wishes again and see if I can simplify any of them to narrow down a smaller set of major goals for the year. In thinking about it now, one is to make money. The other is to lose 35 lbs. Here I am with an offer to make money and I'm thinking of turning it down!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it's going to be a big negative impact on your health, it's not worth the money. Period.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with SD.....health is more important...period.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - found two yards of the stuffing I need today...will start cutting the squares tomorrow
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - bought two totes today when picking up groceries this afternoon... will work on the totes tomorrow
    4. Read 12 books this year....one per month - stopped at the library...started reading A River in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters this afternoon
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning
    9. Lose 12 pounds - down another .4 this morning but ate too much today.
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - read Jan 3 and 4th last night
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - no seeds, nuts or cabbage today
    13. Quit smoking. - on day 3!!!!
    15. Start vegtable seeds indoors and transplant to garden. - found more containers today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I sent her an email saying I would not apply for the job. Gives her some time to look for someone else...at least a couple weeks. I finally ended up with 10 items on my list why not to do it. I think DH would like me to work. But he doesn't have to live with the health problems directly, as I do. I haven't told him I wasn't applying yet. We'll just leave it. He'll figure it out soon enough.

In the meantime...it was a gorgeous day today so I went for a one hour long walk with my camera. Had great fun playing with it and so hoping this good weather holds so I can get out more.

I also worked on developing an "Unhurried Life" as I mentioned in my last post. A very relaxing day. I felt rushed as soon as DH came home. I didn't have supper ready.

The visual journaling I did today was actually part of last year's modified 20 wishes list. I've been trying to encapsulate my experience with Crafting for Mission in a few pages. Kind of hard to reduce a year of hard work and many hours creating into a few pages, but I think I've done it by creating a couple of collages in Open Office and printing them off to put in the journal. With the creation of these pages my sojourn with Crafting for Missions will be over.

Thanks to all FV'ers for putting up with my updates on the subject. I recognize it's not the sort of thing that floats everyone's boat, but it was a significant part of my life last year and it just didn't seem right to not mention it and all it entailed on the boards occasionally. Especially when I had so many goals relating to it.

Plan for tomorrow...

• finish hooking lupin rug.
    • check design on yellow sunflower field rug and see if it still 'looks right'. I might decide to change it to a canola field.
    • read more of "e-books the smart way" by Pat Flynn.
    • get into my sewing room to check for supplies to make something for sale.
    • exercise for 30 minutes
    • write affirmations

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alright, let's see how I stand so far. It's going to be toughest for me to break out of my habit of lurking in threads and never posting. So, here's an update on my progress, such as it is.

1. Read the bible in a year ((I'm 3 days into this, 10 chapters into Genesis))

5. Walk on the treadmill 4 days a week ((Today I did 3 miles on the treadmill. Yesterday I walked 2 miles, but not on the treadmill. The weather was too nice.))

8. Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((I'm 2 questions in, with another one to be done this evening before bed))

11. Continue education towards AS degree in Early Childhood Education ((Ordered my textbooks today. Classes start in a week))

13. Eat Healthier ((Made a big pot of spaghetti yesterday so I wouldn't have an excuse to skip dinner on hectic evenings))

14. Reduce spending ((Well, I didn't spend any money today))

17. Walk 365 miles on treadmill ((3 miles down!))

Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast