2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 55
Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The clothesline plan has been implemented! We're still looking for the eye bolts to put up the line, but the carpentry is all done. I was wishing I had made the cap rail on it extra long, but then I remembered I have a really nice brand new wrought iron plant hanger that will look great on it. I never have figured out where else to use that, and I think I paid a whole two dollars for it, so if I can ever find it again, I'll put it there and put a hanging plant on it next year.

But now we have to face a big problem which I've been trying to figure out for weeks. The old deck is lower than the new one, which makes no sense since the ledger boards were installed at identical heights. But the old portion has settled and now is not level front to back, and the new portion is. So tomorrow I get to contend with that. I have something in mind so I hope my idea will work. Otherwise, we'll be spending lots and lots of money on shims!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been helping someone move today and yesterday. And taking someone else to a children's toy and clothing sale. Tonight I'm focusing in on my PSE 10 course online. Right now I'm having difficulties watching their webinars and using my version of PSE 10, which doesn't have all the options theirs seems to have. Bummer... I'll have to try it again today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, kind of got the video to work on DH's PC, but it was mega fuzzy. Oh well, I think I figured out what was going on in it. Cleared up some questions. Finished my homework for this week for the course too.

Now I'm baking a rhubarb cake/cobbler. SF, DF, and GF of course. Not sure what I'm going to have on it, but we'll see.

Want to work on my rug, but DH and the boarder are watching some horrid sci fi flick in the living room and don't like it when I turn on the sunroom light behind them to watch. They think it makes the room too bright for optimal movie viewing! Some people! I think I'll revisit my 'to do' list and see what I can do. I am BORED!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oops! I meant "when I turn on the sunroom light behind them to rug hook"!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Focus today will be on working in PSE 10 to adjust rug photos and see if I can make them look better for my portfolio.

Also, I'll be viewing the finished presentation for the ESL class after church today...I think/hope.

I'll also be doing laundry (not on my 20 wishes list!)

And I'll be working on "Quinzhee", the rug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We didn't meet our goal of getting the decking done today, but we're down to five and a half rows left. I'm just exhausted and it's not a good idea to mess with power tools in that situation, so it'll wait. We did figure out how to correct the sagging joists on the old section, and things speeded up after that. It won't take too long now to finish, I don't think. My husband might take tomorrow afternoon off since the weather is supposed to change later in the week, and we'll need to caulk along the house once we're done, so we'll need warm weather for that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got everything done but working on my rug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband is leaving work in an hour, so we'll be able to finish up the decking today! It really shouldn't even take that long. Then we can start on rails, hopefully this afternoon. We'll see how tired we are. All the posts have to be cut down too and that's going to be tricky.

I'm very, very ready for this project to be done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm having a lazy day at home so far. I have a list though. I'm planning a potluck Thanksgiving dinner this coming weekend for at least 17 people. We'll see who actually shows up.

My list?

~ phone doctor and optometrist for appointments
    ~ check out cutlery, plates, etc. to make sure I have enough for the weekend
    ~ clean up my sewing studio so I can get to the ironing board to iron tablecloths!
    ~ PSE course. This is the last week.
    ~ hook "Quinzhee"
    ~ weekly Bible study
    ~ double check ESL presentation for tomorrow. One of the photos appears to have had its top half cut off?

I think that's it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we finally got all the decking on, the mistake we made corrected, the problem with the old section resolved as best it could be, the J channel installed at the bottom of the siding, and the loose siding replaced. The old section is still not level but we did get the sag corrected. There's nothing we can do about the levelness. It's not horrible so we can live with it. It's a big relief to have the house back in one piece. I've been worried mice would move into the walls with the siding cut open like it was.

There are a few bolts to put in yet and I still have to rip one piece of trim, but I might have our carpenter do that because it has to be perfect, and he's much better at that than I am. He probably wouldn't charge much.

Now I have to decide what to do about rails, but I think I'm going to take it easy the rest of this week. My back is wrecked so it'll be a few days before I'll feel like doing very much. The weather is supposed to turn, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post

My list?

~ phone doctor and optometrist for appointments
    ~ check out cutlery, plates, etc. to make sure I have enough for the weekend
    ~ clean up my sewing studio so I can get to the ironing board to iron tablecloths!
    ~ PSE course. This is the last week.
    ~ hook "Quinzhee"

~ weekly Bible study
    ~ double check ESL presentation for tomorrow. One of the photos appears to have had its top half cut off?

I think that's it.
    Not bad. Think I'll do my Bible study before bed here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

How's it going today everyone?

I didn't fit in my Bible study. I was going to but then the boarder came home and well, the rest of the evening was spent talking. I just have to do it when I have the time alone. I did, instead, resurrect my old prayer journal and spent a good long time in prayer, which I think is just as good in this case. I never realize how much is weighing on me till I start to write it all down and lift it up in prayer.

Today has been busy. Was shopping for Thanksgiving dinner stuff and groceries. Picked up eggs and cracked two of them on the way home. Don't ask me how. I have no idea. They were cradled in these supposedly 'safe' plastic cartons.

Did my PSE course lesson for the day. Might try to squeeze in another lesson to see if I can actually finish the course on time. Actually my plan is to spend most of Thursday on the course finishing it up. I'm learning a lot with it and would love to take the next level, but it requires the purchase of at least a $200 tablet. Of course the one I really want is the Wacom one for $2000. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Tutored a friend in English today. I was so tired though I could hardly keep my eyes open. She gave me warm tea too, and that almost put me to sleep on the spot. I left early. Came home for a nap.

Next up? Supper and then that talk to the ESL class. I'm a bit nervous, but we'll see. It's about one of my favourite parts of Canada, so I should do okay. It's the teaching part that bothers me. A presentation is easy. Teaching a group is hard...or can be. I'll be relieved tonight when it's over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Teaching over. The real teacher of the class thought I did fine. I don't know. I faltered a couple of places because I didn't know if they were understanding me. I used a couple of idioms they'd never heard of "It's a toss up" and "It was a blast". Had to explain those. Also the word "briny". they were generally a good class and asked lots of questions. I had difficulty understanding one lady, but she was persistent. They actually had pretty good pronunciation. I was impressed. I left after my presentation though, rather than go into the computer lab with them. I hear a cheque is in the mail for me. The teacher assured me they were working hard on my vocabulary in the computer lab afterwards. Good!

Today I've already dropped DH at work, picked up a turkey and had breakie. Other plans?

~ optometrist
    ~ company here
    ~ out to prayer group
    ~ out to teach English at a church group tonight.

If I can squeeze in another PSE course lesson, I will. Might try and make some cranberry jelly today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's important they learn idioms, too. Sometimes I think stuff like that comes more easily for people because often idioms are unique enough they stay better in a person's memory.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think you're right SD. But when they first learn to use them it is funny. Sometimes they don't quite get the right idiom for a situation. Our boarder is like that. She'll get it though. At least she knows when an idiom is appropriate to use.

So, my new glasses were cheaper than I thought. Chock one up for having trifocals instead of progressives. The optometrist thinks I can do away with one pair of glasses. We'll see about that. My guess is I'll be in there again soon...for a second pair for my handwork. It's done at a much closer range than the reading. I'll hang onto my old glasses for awhile.

Company coming soon...time to work on my rug. Might even finish the hooking today.

Turns out I have to fit in a milk and meat run. Wish I'd known that this morning when I was out buying turkey!