2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As part of '2. Welcome a pet into the home' I went and got a registration form today from the local doctors so that my SO can register and then get an allergy test to see if it is okay for us to get a cat.

Also, I've decided that since I do not go to the gym anymore it is time to cancel my membership. The monthly gym money is now going to go towards sponsoring a child in a third world country. So I'm adding the goal: 'Find a charity to donate to/become involved in' (I'm also looking into undertaking voluntary work, but not sure what commitment I can give at this stage). I'm going to ask my SO tonight if he would like to do the same.

I'm also adding: 'Give blood/platelets frequently.'

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Develop a giving plan and keep a giving journal. - Continuing on in Giving Journal. Decided as we are tight cash that giving will be my time, energy, stuff, and spare change. Dropped some change in the donation box at the grocery store till. It's for a variety of charities they support.
    2. Make something for sale each week. - Started a Four Corners Apron, but need to buy fabric for a lining.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - Done for January.
    4. Sell my crafts.
    5. Improve my spiritual life by practicing spiritual disciplines. - Started yesterday with my first retreat of the year on solitude.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - Chatting with DH about the utility room. He is feeling overwhelmed I think. I might take him tonight after my meeting and just do one thing...like move the filing cabinet. That's it. One baby step at a time.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - Drew a plan of the patio area. All ready to dream on overlays now.
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - Down 1 1/2 lbs. just in four days.
    9. Improve diet under naturopath's guidance, - I called to check in with her and good thing! I found out I was eating too much food. Thought I was. But I wanted to make sure before cutting calories.
    10. Exercise 5x/week - I've been out for at least a half hour walk every day since January 1st. I will add upper body soon...probably next week.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - Affirmations all written. I'm just doing ten for now. We'll see how I do with them before I move on to more. I've written them on a recipe card and placed them in a place I frequent throughout the day, so I can read them frequently.
    12. Lower LDL cholesterol levels, and raise HDL. - I'm rethinking this as a goal. It really isn't one. It's the result of doing the diet and exercise. I might change this goal or drop it.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Spent yesterday afternoon out in nature actually...for an hour.
    14. Continue education in fibre arts. - I am looking forward to my rug hooking class in February.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Reconnected with rug hookers online on various sites.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products.
    18. Write e-book. - Reading "e-books The Smart Way" by Pat Flynn
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Finished the lupin rug...for now. I think it needs changes before I give it to dniece. I also designed a quick little yellow piece.
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - Found the camera manual. Now to find time to read and practice. I took the camera on my walk yesterday to practice some.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - one tote filled and recorded today. Second tote started and recorded...pretty much full but I know I can squeeze a little more in.
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - used up a skein of black today
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk/run this morning
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - finished my daily reading yesterday
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - no nuts, seeds, cabbage...not over 1200 calories today
    13. Quit smoking. - day 4 of no smoking
    16. Find, complile and organize all photographs - found some today while packing two totes
    19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio - spent some time outdoors this morning when the sun was coming up...haven't checked into the pictures yet

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

5. Improve my spiritual life by practicing spiritual disciplines. - I guess the discipline I'll be working most with this year is prayer. Had an interesting discussion with some friends tonight and everything pointed that way for all of us.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Spent the evening hooking the sky of the small yellow piece. May end up being an indistinguishable field of yellow something...maybe canola. Whatever. The sky is looking nice. I could get into hooking these small pieces.

14. Continue education in fibre arts. - Watching the Internet Rug Camp videos online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Eh, not much getting done in the way of goals here. Work tends to interfere quite a bit, but I'm also not sure about my goals. I feel like they aren't concrete enough. I'm finding it hard to break them down and get them done, when so many are long term goals that don't have specific action points. I may need to rethink my list.

1)Read the bible in a year ((This one I will keep. I'm doing well here, working through Genesis slowly.))
    2)Lose 25 lbs to reach my ideal weight ((I guess I will keep this one, it's fairly concrete.))
    3)Write for 15 minutes every day ((I'm on the fence about this one. I'm finding it hard to work in the time))
    4)Open a Roth IRA ((Keeping))
    5)Walk on the treadmill 4 days a week ((Changing this one a little))
    6)Sew one new thing every month
    7)Make handmade gifts for people
    8)Keep a Q&A Journal for a year
    9)Plant a small vegetable garden
    10) Write a novel
    11) Continue education towards AS degree in Early Childhood Education
    12) Take more pictures & learn to use camera
    13) Eat Healthier
    14) Reduce spending
    15) Make a regular cleaning schedule & stick to it
    16) Give to charity monthly
    17) Walk 365 miles on treadmill
    18) Grow my hair out & donate to Locks of Love again
    19) Finish Spool Knit Rug for desk chair
    20) Spend more time in the sun

((Gotta go to work now, will update more after work.))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cedar: it's not unusual to change goals around as the year progresses. I try to make goals S.M.A.R.T. That is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. It's not always easy. And I notice I didn't do a very good job setting some of mine this year. One reason I want to revisit my own goals. If I've done the SMART thing then they are easier to break down into steps for me.

I try to put in a mix of short term and long term goals. This year I too have a lot of long term goals, so I need to break them down. My actual long term goal for rug hooking is to have 10 - 15 pieces for a jury by March. Well that won't happen this year. Maybe next. So my goal is one hooked piece a month this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'm going to revise my goals for the year and hopefully clarify some things. These should be easier to break down.

1. Develop a giving plan - DONE. I'm calling this done because I've determined my course for the year and the giving journal is just something to record all my giving in for the year. It won't be a hardship to record things.
    2. Make something for sale each week.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month.
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online.
    - I decided to make this more specific. I'm working on upgrading my Etsy shop photos at the moment.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - First monthly retreat was Jan. 3rd.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH.
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs.
    9. Eat healthy
    - Changed this because it more truly reflects what's going on. It's more measurable. I am currently switching to organic food, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free, and soy free for now. It's been a challenge, but I'm gradually getting use to it. The measurement will be the degree to which we can go organic and stay on budget...and those HDL/LDL measurements.
    10. Exercise 5x/week
    11. Do affirmations daily.
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance.
    - This is a new one. I want to be able to manage my allowance wisely.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature.
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking.
    - This is modified to give me more focus this year. Currently I am signed up for that rug hooking class in February. But I also take part in an online Internet Rug Camp. And I take part in online rug hooking communities.
    15. Build a network of creative people.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products.
    18. Write e-book.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month.
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

9. Eat healthy - Saw naturopath this morning and got some recommendations for changes to my diet. Generally I'm in pretty good health.

11. Do affirmations daily. - I love my affirmations! I actually read them whenever I sit down in my favourite spot. They make me feel real good about myself, which, I suppose, is the point!

16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - I decided to stay involved with a group from the church helping tutor ESL students in a small group situation. I am hoping I will learn from watching other people who are better teachers than me. If it goes well, I may take a turn at teaching.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - I've been hooking on my small yellow rug today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

20 Wishes update:
    1. walk 500 miles in 2012 (12 miles per week) - walked 6 miles
    2. do some kind of strength training 2 times / week - 1 session JM Shred
    5. try 12 or more new recipes - made 1 new recipe
    6. read 12 or more books - 2 books in progress
    8. redo back entry floor, and paint walls and woodwork - removing adhesive from stairs in back entry - very aggravating job
    14. eliminate wasteful spending - spent $8 for a work out DVD - if I use it it won't be wasteful
    15. get rid of all clutter- 35 items tossed so far
    19. get all the small projects done to get house ready to sell next year - completed 1 small project

i forgot one:
    3. lose 25 pounds - recorded what I ate yesterday and today; stayed within calorie allotment

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - finished and recorded tote #2 today
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - knitted on the sampler blanket today
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk today
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - finished my readings last night
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health - within calorie limit today
    13. Quit smoking. - day 5 smoke free!
    16. Find, complile and organize all photographs - found more photos today while in storage
    18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - need to start this tomorrow

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tweaked our list today. No big changes, but I framed it and set it on the kitchen table where we're sure to see it every day as reminder what our goals are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have mine on my computer desktop SD, where I can access it easily to see how I'm doing...and what I should be doing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I have come up with my 20 wishes for 2012. I have so many categories of resolutions that it was difficult to come up with 20 new things.

1. Scan all pictures at Grandma's house
    2. Design, Make and quilt Sun Bonnet Sue quilt with grandma
    3. Design, Make and quilt Tyler's Camo quilt with grandma
    4. Give Up paper towels
    5. Learn to quilt better
    6. Earn $500 from my own devices
    7. Participate in a 31 days of (something) each month
    8. copy entire Bingham book
    9. Learn to can more goodies
    10. Learn how to make quilt blocks
    11. Sell creations on Etsy
    12. Write Grandma's history book
    13. Write Grandpa's history book
    14. Plan 5 years
    15. Work on relationships
    16. Participate in the birthday project
    17. Re-establish emergency fund
    18. get re-involved with my online communities
    19. learn to make a penny rug
    20. volunteer to help animals

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Next steps.

I think I have come up with my 20 wishes for 2012. I have so many categories of resolutions that it was difficult to come up with 20 new things.

1. Scan all pictures at Grandma's house (get my scanner down here, or get a new one)
    2. Design, Make and quilt Sun Bonnet Sue quilt with grandma (Tyler's quilt will be first)
    3. Design, Make and quilt Tyler's Camo quilt with grandma (finish buying 2 more pieces of fabric)
    4. Give Up paper towels (start each day with a dish towel)
    5. Learn to quilt better(quilt with grandma on monday)
    6. Earn $500 from my own devices (now that I have internet again, get back to my online craziness)
    7. Participate in a 31 days of (something) each month (January I have chosen 31 Days of finding the success you were made for)
    8. copy entire Bingham book (I will tackle this in February)
    9. Learn to can more goodies (This will be a summer project)
    10. Learn how to make quilt blocks (this goes along with goals #2 and 3)
    11. Sell creations on Etsy (make a doable list of 10 items to make and get posted by Feb 1st.)
    12. Write Grandma's history book (write up questions to do a list of each month)
    13. Write Grandpa's history book (write up questions to do a lsit of each month)
    14. Plan 5 years (research formats and ideas for this)
    15. Work on relationships (focusing on Chevy Man for January)
    16. Participate in the birthday project (research this project a bit further)
    17. Re-establish emergency fund (talk to chevy man and see how he wants to re-establish.)
    18. get re-involved with my online communities (check each forum at least once a week, if not more.)
    19. learn to make a penny rug (research what kind of materials you use to make these)
    20. volunteer to help animals (find out if my town has a humane society or if I have to travel to the next town.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do have my list on the computer but I edited it a bit (I can't help it, it's my job!) while I was making up the list for the frame. I don't have it handy to note the changes on the computer just now.

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast