2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 60
Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WB, MyMel! That sounds like great progress with your mom's place. I bet she's much happier now. I would be!

We're closing in on the end of the deck project for this year. Today we put up the last of the lattice, installed the last of the cap rails, and finished a few little odds and ends of things. The only thing I plan to finish yet this year is the stair rail, since that's a safety issue. ~whew!~ We never thought we'd get this far. It sure didn't seem like it anyway. It's a relief to be done, finally, with all the weird angles on the front corner. I've been dreading that for months. It's all far from perfect and there are some major errors, but it's all safe and sturdy and functional, so that's the important thing. Next year we'll have to paint, do a few more little odds and ends, and install the second set of steps. We'll have to caulk it this year if the weather cooperates, or do that next year if not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG SD! Glad you finally got that project off your list.

I was shopping today and did a complete pantry inventory tonight. Took 2 hours. Gotta plan menus next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're not quite done yet. We'll probably do the stair rail today, and THEN call it done for the year.

I found out the NIB solar post cap light we got such a good deal on at GW is broken. I think I can fix it though, if I can find the Super Glue one of these days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm off grocery shopping and clothes shopping today. Could be a full day with DH home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just scratched the deck off the TW challenge list! My husband came home early from work and we got the caulking all done and the deck rail installed. It actually went pretty well! It will still need trim and the second set of steps installed next year, but we more than met our goal for this year.

What a difference! The old porch was 8x6 with four foot wide steps. The new deck is 26x12 including the two sets of steps. A whole new room!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CONGRATULATIONS!
    SD AND HUBBY!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been busy shopping again...for clothes. Found some deals, but it sure takes a lot of digging and looking around. One was an unexpected bargain. The last pair of pants in the store, fresh off the mannequin for $20 off! Not sure I'll keep them though. I found a similar pair of pants for $25 at Sears Outlet. The $20 off pair was $40 by the time all was said and done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do I say WTG or give a hug for the soon-to-be-gone pants? LOL.

Thanks for the congrats. It's a big relief. I think that's the biggest project we've ever done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it has to be a WTG SD. I don't have any pants to get rid of! I'm literally down to a pair of jeans and one pair of black twill pants. That's it for pants I'll wear in public. My other two 'pairs of pants' are a pair of leggings and a pair of exercise pants. I'm real bad on the fashion front. I shop for clothes because I have to, not because I want to. I'd rather spend my money on crafting supplies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate shopping for clothes, too, and I couldn't care less about fashion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay...time for a bit of refocusing effort.

2. Make something for sale each week. - starting work on some small 6" square star mats.

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - need to find time for the weekly study first.

7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - DH is motivated to help put the patio garden to sleep.

9. Eat healthy - Need to get back on track with keeping a diet journal.

10. Exercise 5x/week - need to get onto this. I have indoor DVDs I can work through.

11. Do affirmations daily. - I've been doing these and they help.

16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - tutored someone yesterday afternoon.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Working on the star ruggettes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Make something for sale each week. - started the little rugs today.

9. Eat healthy - Started up my diet journal again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm just letting my mind unwind this week and getting caught up with some of the stuff that's been neglected while the deck was taking up all my time. The kitchen is a disgrace! But much improved from this morning. So no TW for me, but just general housekeeping instead.

Oh, wait! I did meet with the gas company techs who came out today to see what needs to be done to hook up the new heating stove in the living room. It sounds like they have it figured out so I'm hoping that'll be done in the next week or two, as soon as they can get us on the schedule. Getting the stove going is on the TW list, I think. That's sure going to be nice, and so pretty too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You deserve a break SD. You've had a pretty frustrating year as far as your 20 Wishes go.

I had the crafting group in today, which meant I cleaned up, and baked. We had a good time. Then tonight I was out meeting my second cousin and his family for the first time, as they breeze through town to a new home. It is cold, windy, and wet outside. We met at Chapters. I browsed the fashion section of a bookstore for the first time in my entire life! Not much to speak of there. Though I did find one book that people here at the Village recommended I read. I have it on "hold" at the library. Gotta love libraries.

Totally broke my diet today. I'm going for broke. Three squares of brownies and a cinnamon bun. I'm either going to be a pound heavier in the morning, or have extremely painful hands, or both. I figure if I'm going to cheat, I may as well do a thorough job of it! In my defense, I did have a healthy diet conforming lunch and supper, as well as several mandarin oranges throughout the day. I think the problem is I forgot to eat breakfast. I'm a terrible snacker when that happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Make something for sale each week. - Finished the first 6" rug.

9. Eat healthy
    - Actually did some GF DF SF baking yesterday so I am on track today. I think I am bored of green smoothies, pancakes, and quinoa porridge for breakfast. So I made some blueberry muffins.