2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still tweaking my goals. I found a few good books in the library about setting goals, so I'm reading up about that and trying to apply those principals to my goals. I'm leaving on a short weekend trip tonight, so I won't be posting again until sunday evening, probably. Hopefully I will have a new list by then. I'm going to work on them this afternoon during my lunch break.

1)Read the bible in a year ((Still going strong! Still in Genesis.))

8)Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((Still going strong here too.))

9)Plant a small vegetable garden ((Waiting on my shipment to come so I can start setting up))

12) Take more pictures & learn to use camera ((My camera is coming with me on my trip. My goal is to take 200 pictures in as many different settings as possible.))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - 3rd tote packed, labelled and stacked today
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - continue to work on the knitted sampler blanket....10 of 30 blocks now completed
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - a 45 minute walk/jog today
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - finished my readings for yesterday, last night before bed
    11. Organize paperwork from last three years. - finally got started on this today....found three plastic file holders in storage and began sorting through receipts. I am also starting a household binder so I am able to use some of the file folders, dividers, binders ect from my stash
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did well today...snacked a little more than usual...over calorie limit by 100 calories
    13. Quit smoking. - day 6 of no smoking
    16. Find, complile and organize all photographs - found more albums today in storage
    18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - ten minutes today
    19. Take photographs 3 times per week to increase photography skills and portfolio - found out today that our library offers a camera club meeting once a month....I just missed this month's meeting as it was on Tuesday but plan on attending in February...looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

thanks for the bug in my ear DC. I bet the City here offers some camera courses/club I could be involved in to learn to take better photos of my artwork.

I spent today working on my January hooked rug piece. And talking with family on Skype, and the phone.

ETA: I just checked and found a photo club, but no workshops at my level.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

3. Save $17-20k. I won't be able to save as much as I'd like this month due to having to have my tires replaced and also wheels aligned. But safety first, right?

6. Use a time-saving cooking method weekly (slow cooker, OAMC, homemade mixes, etc). I made a pasta dish on Tues with chicken I precooked on Sunday, and Thurs I made bar-b-cups using ground deer meat that I'd cooked and frozen in portions a couple weeks ago. We've enjoyed muffins I froze a week ago that will probably last another 2 weeks. Today I will be making spaghetti sauce using more of the deer meat and the slow cooker. I peeled, diced and froze some keeper pears my grandmother gave me to use in future muffin batches.

7. Plant a container garden with at least 2 veggies. When I was cleaning out from underneath a cabinet in the kitchen, I found a sad little potato that the eyes had sprouted on. Can I plant this? Right time of year, etc? Because I have been looking into container methods of growing spuds and it looked interesting (and free ...).

12. Finish all incomplete craft projects with minimal purchase of new supplies. The first three projects that came to mind (small wooden basket, chair, wall shelf, and vintage window frame) are all spray paint projects, and it's drizzling rain here.

14. Learn to use a sewing machine. I did find a class offered Feb-March through my community college, but I have one client at work who cannot come on any other day/time but when the class is offered. It also would require purchase of a sewing machine for participation, and I'm hesitant to make that investment at this time in case it's something I don't enjoy or pursue. I will look into having someone else teach me and borrowing a machine until I am sure.

18. Stay current on my work-related paperwork and documentation. I did some yesterday and will do some today, too. We're getting some more computers in the office Monday (allegedly ... our IT guy is less than prompt) and this will help.

19. Try one new recipe a month. Check out my signature! I've decided to make black bean chili with cilantro from the free Betty Crocker catalog I received for 2012. Looks easy and healthy! I only need to buy one ingredient out of the ordinary and it's not very costly.

20. Take supplements daily for my health concerns. I've gone back to taking big doses of vitamins D and A, plus zinc and garlic. I need to put selenium and melatonin on the shopping list and will research others to add.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

*sigh* okay, went through here looking for my list I don't have it written down, had made notes and posted it at work. Apparently the computer monster got me, because I can't find it. So sometime this weekend I will need to set down and rewrite it. And will post it this weekend also.

Peanut, I know you said something about posting as you didn't like talking to yourself,

I can't promise everyday, but will post as often as I can; once 1 Feb hits, I will not have time to get on here at work very often (like maybe 1 a month if I am lucky). We get just a tad busy, and this year promises to hold a complete new set of challanges.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's okay uniwolf. Just post whenever you can. I had to put my list on my desktop in mindmap form AND in text form so I can keep track of all the tangents I am taking, and yet have the basic list to go back to.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - I'm down 2.5 lbs. from last Sunday. That makes 19 lbs. I've lost since spring. Now for the hard part...the next 20 lbs. Time to step up the exercise!

9. Eat healthy - DH and I went grocery shopping this morning at the various health food stores and the grocery store and were able to pick up more than I thought for cheaper than I thought. I just have to stay focused and pick up cheaper options that still fit the organic/healthier diet the naturopath is mapping out for us.

14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - I'm currently reading "Pictorial Hooked Rugs" while hooking on my canola field rug. Yep, I decided it would be canola instead of sunflowers...though I may change my mind yet.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Still hooking on the canola field rug. I finished the tree last evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the weight loss peanut!

Didn't do much today....kind of took it easy.

5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - knitted for a while today with yarn from stash
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning and 110 squats
    9. Lose 12 pounds - down 2.8/12 pounds
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - daily readings last night before bed
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did quite well today, at calorie limit and no foods I should stay away from
    13. Quit smoking. - day 7 of no smoking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tweaked my list, and it'll probably undergo other changes before the end of the year. Everywhere I look there's a project needing attention.

1. Work in house office one hour every workday. This is my husband's challenge and he's not really into it.
    2. Install new kitchen light.
    3. Install kitchen trim.
    4. Install new stove hood. Do temporary installation so we at least have a light, and then finish when weather warms up.
    5. Install shelf/pot rack over sink. Awaiting sealer at the moment.
    6. Finish wiring in front addition.
    7. Sand, paint, and install cabinet by side door.
    8. Install dedicated circuit for microwave.
    9. Paint skirting and decks.
    10. Install jacks under back porch and living room.
    11. Sort and de-clutter west side of garage.
    12. Finish installing stove pipe in living room.
    13. Build cat loft/shelves by fireplace.
    14. Make shade cloth for back porch.
    15. Move computer into house office. Dependent on husband de-cluttering office.
    16. Build access panel under breaker box.
    17. De-clutter and organize guest room.
    18. Apply sealer to garage floor.
    19. Modify pot rack shelf. Also awaiting sealer.
    20. Create workable menus for OAMC using Weight Watchers recipes.
    21. Finish back porch trim.
    22. Finish installation of knotty pine in living room.
    23. Cut and install two kitchen counters.
    24. Build frame and install decking on new deck. Rails may have to wait for another year.
    25. Finish two quilt top UFOs using materials already on hand.

We finally got the stovepipe in the living room to behave itself and it's even more or less plumb. After the battle we've been having with it, today it gave up without so much as a whimper and went together nicely. So that's FINALLY done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok may I join?
    1. paint the ugly kitchen
    2. re do my daughters baby chest started not finished
    3. treadmill at least 5x a week. 3:00pm is General Hospital so I am pretty confident about this one.
    4.get out of my robe...
    5.read a daily devotional and work on becoming firmer Christian.
    6. keep a prettier home. (it's clean just want it cozier)
    7.walk my dogs more often
    8.I love to read and don't do it enough. so 1 book a month..
    9. Organize my pictures.
    10. reorganize my desk.
    11. find the cookbook I wrote and re submit for publishing...maybe
    12.try to find a hobby for me to enjoy
    13.do the paper work on my last degree and see how I can get it..
    14. would like to work my camera.. I don't know how.
    15. would like to learn more about my computer.
    16. would like to learn to make fudge
    17.uhm. lose 30 lbs by high school reunion I wanna be hot lol
    Last edited by oheoh's momma; 01-07-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: one more thing

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oheoh's momma: you certainly can join in! That's quite a list. I like the last item. I'm losing weight for health reasons. The being 'hot' issue can be a bit of a nuisance. I'm banking on being 52 turning down the 'hot' factor with the guys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Thought I'd post a photo to liven up the thread a bit. This is what I've been working on...I'm not fond of the tree and the part underneath it. Some ripping to do...

What's everyone else up to? Any more photos out there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't have any pics of the recipe I'll be cooking this month, but I can show what Betty Crocker says it will look like:

Black Bean Chili with Cilantro Recipe from Betty Crocker

Today I got the ingredients for this soup and will probably make it later in the week, minus carrots (like 'em raw, hate 'em cooked) and honey (just don't have any).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks yummy MyMel. I just brought the fixings for supper upstairs. I'll be making chili in my pressure cooker.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs.
    - Down 3.2...30.8 to go.

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Spent some time this past week trying to set up a budget in YNAB (you-need-a-budget) for my allowance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just be aware Betty Crocker lies a lot. Your recipe sounds good.

Peanut, don't you dare touch that tree! It looks great.

We cleared off most of the pool table today. That's the first step in clearing out the guest room because we can use the pool table to sort stuff.

My husband shuffled his junk around in his office so I can sit in my chair and play my video games for the first time in I don't know how many years. I repaired some cat scratching on the chair arm and then discovered the wire stuff under the cushion was all broken, so I replaced that with nylon webbing. Hope it doesn't stretch too much.

Didn't do anything on the twenty wishes list though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That soup looks delicious!

Today is our 40th anniversary. DD1 and DSIL came up for the weekend to help us with projects as a gift. DDs 1 & 2 fixed an awesome meal for us. Mom was here too. it was a lovely day. The girls helped me go through the dreaded box in the basement so...

January: sort through one box in the storage room and deal with the contents Sorted and partially dealt with

19. write
    I started a credit course in creative writing in December. It will end February 3. I'm having fun with it. it's all online. I've completed lesson 5. have lessons 6-8 to do. There are 12 lessons.

Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast