2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 77
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1291
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm making progress on the rug. I took time out today to process some cilantro for the freezer and to move living room furniture around so I could test-drive the recliner. I liked the comfort, but I hated the cluttery look in the spot, so I moved stuff back. I also hated the lighting and the pets hated that they can't sit by me. Right now I'm leaning toward building a love seat, but I'll probably change my mind about fifty times between now and next summer. I still can't make myself get too enthused about spending a ton of money on furniture though. I'd rather take the money and go back to Yellowstone. Anyway, I'm spending the evening working on the rug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Forty-five squares done on the rug! And it only took me till 2 AM! I was watching a really sobby episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and kept messing up, and not discovering it till six rows later. Lots of re-dos last night. LOL

I'm hoping to get 18 more sections done today, which would bring me to being half done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow SD! You're really motoring! Way to go! You'll be done in no time!

I've yet to get started on my rug hooking today. I hope to finish hooking my "Wind" rug, and possibly start another rug.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can do two sections in about an hour, I think. Assuming not too many screw-ups. I have four done so far today. Could be another late night. If I meet my goal, one of the wolves will be all done!

I figured out I have to hook 12,110 pieces of yarn. That does not include the screw-ups that have to be pulled out and redone. Why'd I figure that out to torture myself?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Let me get this straight...you stopped hooking just to figure that out? Well, at least you gave your wrist a break from all that latch hooking. Thanks for my daily smile SD.

I finished hooking "Wind". Onto...well...I have about 3 or 4 rugs to move on to. We'll see what I have fibre for and work on that next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not motivated today like I'd like to be. Other stuff keeps intruding, like cleaning veggies and some other chores and playing Plants vs. Zombies and other important stuff.

Sounds like you're whipping right along, too. Picking colors for the next project is always hard. Good luck with that! That's one nice thing about a kit, no color or design decisions to make. Mindless. Perfect for me right now. So I sit and hook and think about my uncomfortable couch and whether or not I could improve it this weekend or not. It would be quicker to modify the couch than build the love seat!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love it when you are working on one project you're always thinking of the next one, or another one period SD. I'm not sure I'm that farsighted with my projects. I try to focus on just one at a time. Otherwise it just gets too overwhelming.

I think I scored a photographer for my rugs. A couple hundred bucks for 40 photos. Not bad I'm thinking. I'll have the photos to use for cards, etc. later as well. I must remember to ask her if there are any copyright issues with that. If I use someone else's photos I don't know how it works. Does the fee paid include the right to copy it? I'm getting them in either .jpg or .tiff format on disc. Don't know which would be best. Do you SD? Anyone else?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not an expert. The main thing is resolution. Everything has to be high res, of course. I use .jpg files for my zine pics, but I think my publisher can work with any of the major types of files. Most places should be able to.

There may be copyright issues. I know when kids have graduation pics taken by a photographer, the pics usually carry a copyright warning. The rugs are YOUR work, but the pics are the PHOTOGRAPHER'S work, so they can hold the copyright. Better get that issue settled before you have the pics taken. It wouldn't be good to buy the pics and then find out you can't do what you need to with them. If you do have them taken, be sure you hang around and pay attention to what they do, so you can DIY more pics later. Ask lots of questions, too.

Doesn't everyone have a bunch of irons in the fire at once? Seriously, I thought that was normal. I've always been like this, always mentally multi-tasking. But now that you mention it, maybe that's why it drives my husband crazy when we're working on a project and he can't keep up. I'm usually three or four steps ahead. I have to be. If I couldn't visualize and plan several steps ahead, things would end up not fitting together or being the way they should be. Part of it could be my experience writing fiction. I have to be thinking far ahead when I do that, so the story makes sense. I don't know. My husband is a very linear thinker and that drives ME nuts. He has to do things one step at a time, and completely focus on each step till it's completely done.

Now I'm rambling.

I have twelve sections done on the rug today. I need to do six more to meet my goal. Don't know if I'll make it. I guess it doesn't matter if I don't. That's about three more hours and I'm tired from being up till three AM this morning. The current and upcoming sections are going quicker because the counting is easier to do than the sameness of the earlier stuff, so that helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks SD. I did tell her what I wanted the photos for and she didn't say anything about it. But I'll ask to double check.

I decided to start an abstract rug for my course next. It's real small, cuz I haven't done this before and am not at all sure I'll like it. We'll see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If she says she's giving you all rights to the pics, get it in writing. Verbal agreements aren't worth much.

I met my goal on the rug last night, so it's now half done! I think I need to slow down though. These late nights are getting ridiculous. I have some paperwork to deal with today so don't know if I'll be working on it much. Probably a good break anyway. Tomorrow we'll be out of town, so might not get anything done at all. I hope we don't get the freezing rain the forecast is threatening us with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I think I will do my list that way. I can't seem to get anything else done that was on my list anyway!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it's hard sometimes to be realistic about what we can get done in a year. A year seems like so much time, but then it's really not when you get down to it. We have so many big projects to do around here and they all need to be done, but we know we can't possibly do them all in a year. Especially when unforeseen things happen and priorities change, so other things not on the list have to be done.

I think it's very easy to under-estimate the time and energy it's going to take to do things, too.

I do like what we did this year, put a mix of large and small projects on the list. Some of ours had been sitting here undone for years, like finishing the stove pipe for our gas heating stove in the living room. Sounds simple but it's been a struggle for a long time. Finally, we just put on our big people pants and dealt with all the problems and muddled through it. Now we wish we had done it years ago, because we're loving the stove and so are the pets, who get to bask in the heat. If we hadn't had that on the list, it still would not be done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm still rug hooking my abstract rug. Online class ends Dec. 10th. I'll be hooking rugs long past then.

Also talking to that photographer re: photos of rugs.

Minister has come up with a plan for a congregational weekly Bible study next year. I'll be in on it. Could use it. And it would be nice to do with a group of people.

I've been fitting in exercise every day of the week so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're more organized and managing your time much better than me.

We were out of town today, fifty miles away. Got our business done and some shopping. Neither of us are in a spendy mood so most of what we spent was groceries. But YEA! I found the part I needed to fix the broken lock on our back patio door! I don't even know how much it was, but it's worth it. We haven't been able to lock that door in years. This is how dumb we are: We've been locking it by putting a board in the door track, not thinking about it that the dog door is right next to it, so anyone who wanted in just had to reach through the dog door and pull out the board! Lots of forehead slapping went on after we locked ourselves out a few months ago and that's how we got back in. Some days I wonder about us. LOL.

We looked around at some furniture and found a perfect couch, similar to this one:

But it's $700. The love seat costs the same and the chairs aren't cheap either. A couch, two chairs, and the love seat would be $2,500 or so. But I took the time to check out how their oh-so-comfy seats are made. Guess what, they're webbing like I was planning to use! So I'm definitely going to give that a try on the couch we have. We're also back to thinking about making our own furniture using a similar design and dimension lumber in knotty pine. It probably wouldn't be that hard or that expensive for the frames. I'm going to research making the cushions and see if I can use materials we have or can get reasonably cheap. I just can't make myself part with that kind of money, not for furniture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks SD. That furniture looks great! If you can make something like that, hats off to you! It will look great!

I used to be really disorganized. Then DD#1 put me onto David Allen - a productivity guru. I had to alter his program to work at home (it's aimed at business), but once I did that, I really did pick up productivity wise. But I've read a lot of books/material on organization and productivity. Too bad the de-cluttering didn't stick!

This morning I tutored a lady in English. We covered contractions, similes, and homophones...and the Canadian system of government.

This afternoon the boarder and I hooked rug. Helped the boarder design a small set of coasters and she selected fabric for them. I am out of orange, so we dyed a couple of different oranges today and have them hanging up drying.

I was able to walk up to the hairdresser's for a haircut. So got my exercise in today too. Went to the music store and picked up a Christmas music piano book for the boarder and I to play from too. And arranged to have the piano tuned in the new year.

The minister called this afternoon and said "Seeing as you're our international liaison..." I'm like "Whaaat???!!!" Turns out there's an Iranian couple living near me who need a ride to church events. She gave me the wrong address, so I phoned them. The woman was soooo happy to be going to a church function. I'll be taking them out this weekend to something.

And I even had time to sketch in my sketchbook today, SD! Oh, and I did laundry.

Boy, I better get shining that halo! Actually I did get a lot done for me today. No wonder I'm tired right now. Not all days are this productive.

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980 ... LastLast