2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome oheoh's momma!

Peanut - I love the part under the tree....the tree is good but I think if it had more leaves it would be better.....it kind of looks like a palm tree the way it is. I love the whole rug though!

mymel - looks yummy, I hope that your turns out to look just as good!

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - cut 198 4" squares of batting today. Pinned and sewed the first 1/2 of the x on 50 squares. I also pinned another 50 squares so they are ready to go. I have to sew during daylight hours...my eyes are just too bad (even with good lighting) to sew in the evening once it is dark so I was happy to accomplish so much today.
    4. Read 12 books this year....one per month. - still working through my first book of the year....really enjoying it and I am taking my time so I can savor it!
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - started a bandana cowl today using yarn from the stash
    6. Work through and use whole stash of fabric. - spent three hours today sewing...felt wonderful! Chose some fabric from stash for tablerunners
    8. Exercise 7 times per week - 45 minute walk/run this morning and 110 squats
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - attended mass today and read yesterdays readings last night before bed
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - stayed away from the no-no foods and came within calorie limit
    13. Quit smoking. - day 7 done
    18. Meditate at least 3 times per week - 15 minutes today

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peanut, I like the tree! What don't you like about it?

I tried to post twice but my browser shut down both times! So frustrating!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too late ladies...I already changed it/fixed it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm reading the new Virgil Flowers book by John Sandford, Shock Wave. I need to read more, too. I like books set in Minnesota.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3. Become fairly fluent in Spanish I found my old flash cards I had made in that box of stuff we sorted today.

12. Improve piano playing I practiced the 7 major chords and scales along with their inversions

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4- buy at least 1 Christmas gift a month-one small gift bought
    8- purge clothes from dresser-sorted through 2 drawers, have 5 left
    13- make 2 recipe scrapbooks-started a list of the recipes I want to do
    16- tame kitchen freezer-doing the Pantry Challenge, have a list of items I want to use in the month of Jan
    19- use items that I have been saving for 'one of these days'- ongoing, finding items put away, have no idea why I'm not using them.

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish my Mom's quilt I started - bbought the rest of the batting I am going to need
    2. Buy and fill 48 totes this year and donate, toss, give away or sell the items I do not want to keep. - bought two more totes today
    5. Work through whole stash of yarn. - will knit this evening with yarn from stash
    8. Exercise 7 times per week. - 45 minute walk this morning and 110 squats
    10. Improve and maintain my spiritual health by reading through the bible again this year. - readings done last night for yesterday
    11. Organize paperwork from last three years. - bought 3 file folders and page protectors today.... I have a plan!
    12. Follow new diet plan outlined by dietician for optimum health. - did well today and stayed under the calorie limit
    13. Quit smoking. - day 9 of no smoking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Make something for sale each week. - Work on 3 this week...toddler coveralls and 4 corner apron. I had to wait till I got the car today to go shopping for notions and supplies to finish these three projects.

3. Piece a quilt top every month. - January's done. I actually found the backing fabric 75% off today, so bought it while at the store looking for something else.

4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Wait till friend gets back and book table at spring craft sale.

5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Jan. retreat DONE (Using “The Life You've Always Wanted”), daily devotions DONE, weekly Bible study... Talked to the minister and came home with 4 Bible studies! I'm going to sort through them and decide which to work on next.

8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - down 3.5 lbs. Tracking this on 2012 lose-a-pound-a-week challenge thread.

9. Eat healthy – tracking the 2012 lose-a-pound-a-week challenge thread.

10. Exercise 5x/week - Done for Week 1. Also tracked on the 2012 lose-a-pound-a-week challenge thread.

11. Do affirmations daily. - Done for Week 1.

12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Working on this still. Won't really know if it will work until February. We'll see. I need to save ahead one month's worth of expenses...at least.

14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Reading “Pictorial Rug Hooking” by Jane Halliwell Green.

15. Build a network of creative people. - Found out someone I just met is the creative type. She does, unfortunately, have five kids under ten, and is moving away. However I am encouraging her to keep contact via email.

18. Write e-book. - Contemplating how to fix my very muddy books to read more clearly and concisely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Betty Crocker lies?! That's like ... That's like Winnie the Pooh embezzling! SD, do you find that measurements are inaccurate, cook times, results, etc? I am not married to the idea of the soup looking a certain way so if it's less pretty, that's okay. Yummy flavor is what counts here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MyMel: I guess even Betty Crocker isn't all she's cracked up to be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I meant the pictures lie. I'm sure the recipes are okay. I use some myself, especially Bisquick.

I wouldn't seriously diss a Minnesota company!

My husband is contemplating taking next week off. If he does, I'm hoping we can knock some things off our wish list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

debbie-cat- i am a so proud of you for not smoking!! it is the hardest thing i ever did but also the best. keep going strong :-)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, look at that, I'm still alive. I'm hoping to finalize my goals today, and get them posted tonight. My classes for the semester started up yesterday, so I've been getting organized for all of that.

1)Read the bible in a year ((Still going strong! I even took my bible with me on my trip and kept up with the readings.))

8)Keep a Q&A Journal for a year ((I took this one too.))

9)Plant a small vegetable garden ((My supplies shipped yesterday. Once I get it in, I will be making my garden plan more detailed. Since I'm in Florida, planting will be soon!))

12) Take more pictures & learn to use camera ((Took my camera on my trip, of course. Took about 180 pictures, including several shots I've never attempted. Not all of them turned out that well, but it was good practice.))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

10. Paint front and side porch floors.
    11. Paint carport stairs.

We are definitely relisting our house for sale next month, so these goals may be modified or scrapped.

17. Read at least 2 books a month (hard copy or Kindle). I downloaded free Kindle books Saturday and almost done with one set of short stories. Got some nonfiction ones about organizing, selling on eBay, and baking bread, too.

20. Take supplements daily for my health concerns. Got a super B-complex vitamin and the melatonin Sunday, but Wal-Mart was out of selenium. I'll put it back on the list with some others as I research.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm working on the two new shelves in the kitchen today, getting sealer on those. I'll be glad when they're done.

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast