2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 84
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1291
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas, Peanut and everyone.

I'm just checking in, then I'll throw together the green bean casserole, pickle tray, and veggie plate, and we'll pack up and go over to my mom's house. It's cold and clear here today, so no weather issues.

My floor stand didn't come yesterday. It's still not moving per the tracking. I suspect it's sitting on a semi trailer in Superior, Wisconsin, and got stuck in line behind all the overnight and two-day stuff the procrastinators ordered last Thursday and Friday. It wasn't scheduled for delivery till tomorrow, but I was still hoping it would be here.

My husband is loving the heck out of his new stand. I hope I like mine equally as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since it's close to year end, I'm reporting on my progress, or lack thereof, on my twenty wishes:

1. walk 500 miles in 2012 (12 miles per week) >> walked about 450 miles so far - I'm not going to meet my goal but plan to get a few more walks in before year end
    2. do some kind of strength training 2 times / week>> I started out strong on this but didn't keep it up
    3. eat 100% vegetarian and gradually cut out dairy products>> did fairly well at home, but I had a hard time when eating out and at other people's homes; I seem to have been more a flexitarian this year
    4. lose 25 pounds >> didn't do too well on this goal. I lost 10, gained back 4, so net 6 pounds lost.
    5. try 12 or more new recipes >> goal met
    6. read 12 or more books >> goal met
    7. renovate main bathroom>> no progress at all on this
    8. redo back entry floor, and paint walls and woodwork>> some progress
    9. replace kitchen floor>> no progress
    10. finish repairing and painting the garage>> 99% complete
    11. work on a sewing, craft or other fun project every month>> started 2 sewing projects never found the time to finish them
    12. go on at least one short trip this summer or early fall>> took short trip this summer
    13. save money for longer trips>> no
    14. eliminate wasteful spending>> didn't buy much that wasn't necessary
    15. get rid of all clutter>> worked on this, but still have things to get rid of
    16. write in journal every day>> no
    17. refinish 2 pieces of furniture>> no
    18. get bicycle repaired and use it>> no
    19. get all the small projects done to get house ready to sell next year>> completed a few small projects
    20. try to grow herbs, lettuce and chard; try again with tomatoes >> planted a few herbs; tried tomatoes again but have decided they don't get enough sun in my yard

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You did well! Congrats! Glad to see you checking in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

RainyDays! I think you did well.
    I made goals for 2012 and met 10% of the goals
    That translates to 1 goal met out of ten that I made . (unrelated to this challenge)

So, You've done well for yourself.

I plan to reestablish my goals and make short term goals to achieve the long term goal.

2013 will be different for me because I am tired of the same ole, same ole.

Wishing you well for the new year coming.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pretty good RainyDaye! You made quite a bit of progress.

I'm working on create a website right now. A friend is here for Christmas and setting it up for me. Should achieve that goal right under the wire. She's coming over later this week to finish it for me and show me how to do basic maintenance and uploading myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go, RaineyDaye! Even a little progress counts. After all, that's further along than you were at the 1st of the year.

My Christmas was uneventful and fun. Had my grandparents and aunt and uncle over. We ate lunch together and played a card game before they left. I got a few presents, and had some good food. Now it's the day after, and I've got to start tackling the thank you cards for everything. I consider it a matter of pride to have all the cards finished and mailed/handed out by New Years. So I guess that's what I will be doing while my preschoolers nap today. Thankfully we should have very low numbers of students today, so we can keep things easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still thinking about my list. I have way too many things that need to be done, and I know they won't all get done.

I have some boxes set out from the back bedroom, so will try to make myself get those sorted today. I'm trying to clear out a corner so we can stack the 'keep' boxes back in there. Now that the staycation is over, it's back to the salt mine.

My floor stand is on the move again and should be here this afternoon, so I'll have to set that up and see if it'll work with the scroll frame I have. I hope it comes complete and new and undamaged.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Reformatting photos so they can be uploaded to the Web. Working on the website as fast as possible. Kind of complicated uploading stuff at the moment. My helper is gone and she used a personalized style sheet for the website that Weebly doesn't like for some reason. The work I spent an hour or so on yesterday is all gone! Even though I clicked on the save icon before closing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Frustrating! I hope you can figure it all out. I hate dealing with uncooperative computers.

I got the new floor stand. I think I will like it once I get used to it. I will have to make some smaller scroll frames for it, but I was able to easily modify the large one I have to get that to work. I do want some smaller ones, though. I also need to make a tiny little drawstring bag to hold spare parts so they don't get separated. Stuff tends to wander away around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Prepping DH for a run at the finances. We're doing this with a boarder in the house for the first time. Will have to carry on conversations upstairs. Need to round up all the final receipts for the year and get them to DH to enter into Quicken. So I can analyze the tables and charts to see how we did this year. Then plan for 2013. DH has tentatively (very tentatively) set retirement for 2014. But we need to rejig figures and see if it's doable. Anyways, after the financial analysis I'll be able to decide my 20 Wishes for the year.

Working on preparing wool fabric for dyeing for rug hooking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been working on my TW list. I don't know what to cut.

Next week I will start having Husby lock up my computer again during the day. It's simply too great a temptation for me at this point, and I need to get back to using it only in the evening. The internet is such a huge time suck. I'm thinking about setting up a list of subscribed threads for FV so I don't get waste so much time here, and so I can avoid the unrelenting negativity. It all takes too much of a toll and I have other things to do. I could just open up the subscriptions and look at those, and not even open the main forums.

One thing I should do next year is drag out my word processor and figure out how to use it more efficiently, specifically, figure out how to transfer documents from it to my computer. Little kids use those things, so I should be able to figure it out. It does not have internet capability and it would be a great way for me to write and not be tempted to waste time surfing. Which is why I bought it in the first place, that, and being able to sit down on our dock and write.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's what I do SD. I just follow along subscribed threads. On a slow day I might venture into Today's Posts, or Unanswered Posts, but that's very occasionally. Still, I find I need to focus more on rug hooking and reading other things than FV. Love FV, but I'm thinking I just need to focus on other things right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some of the challenges here have been a big help to me. It's like many other things, in that getting encouragement from a group and having accountability helps me meet goals. It's also fun to see what others have accomplished and that makes me want to do the same sometimes. But I can see I need to pare back a little. And completely drop some challenges that don't really serve me very well.

There's an uptick in challenge activity with the coming of the new year, as I expected there would be. So I'm going to see what develops in the next couple weeks and which challenges I might want to join.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Limiting challenges helps. I did that this year as well. Last year I was in about 10 different challenges! It was too much! This year I picked and chose about 3 or 4.

Figured out where my website was on the web server, and how to edit it. Gee, I can be pretty dumb at times. Finally have all the photos on the website, but the formatting leaves a lot to be desired. Somehow I turned 3 columns into about 10. Also have to add text to each photo for description, size and price. Will learn to do that this weekend I hope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I hope you ladies will be here for the 2013 Twenty Wishes. You are both an inspiration to me!